GTPodcast Official Thread-Is Hybriding good or bad as a whole? [VIDEO]

  • Thread starter Thread starter MOTORTRENDmitch
  • 1,064 comments
  • 64,425 views
did you revise the schedule yet?

I posted it in several threads.. gimmie a min.

here...


Locoman88
Intro: 5 minutes (for beginning for first show)

Question Taking:5 minutes( people send questions via Twitter,Facebook, etc.)

Send in jokes about Gran Turismo and/or Forza.: 5 minutes?

Around the Laguna Seca: 5 (maybe like 5 cars?)

Photo Competition: 5 minutes( send pics through facebook,twitter, and then put them on facebook to see who won, tell them to go there, send them a car or something?)

News about Gran Turismo: 2 minutes.

Featured Person:3 minutes(Team Hydro, etc.)


This is just for 30 minutes. I can extend it for an hour, or something. Let me Know.

Cheers

Depending on commentators, you can certainly bet that each of these topics will require more than just a few minutes. I would put the Q&A at the end of the show, and focus primarily on guests and segments. My revisions are as follows.

1. Introduction- to the hosts and upcoming features of the current show.
2. Segment 1 (i.e. featured track/car/etc.)
3. GT News (latest news, speculation (fact-based), events, contests).
4. Segment 2 (i.e featured guest)
5. Q&A
6. Wrap-up and outro

Forza jokes don't really need their own segment. One or two, sure, but we really don't want to sink to any level do we? Worst case, we'd inspire some mutually destructive competition, which doesn't help anyone. If getting Kaz is a goal for you, then professionalism should be a top priority.
 
gamerdog6482
How would I know that? I'm (now) just a co-writer for the schedule, LM is still the main writer.

That was for Mitch.
 
gamerdog6482
Well...you quoted me...

You asked about a revised schedule. It's posted above. I was asking Mitch what time we were meeting.

Simple miscommunication.
 
You asked about a revised schedule. It's posted above. I was asking Mitch what time we were meeting.

Simple miscommunication.

I don't think I did, but whatever. Anything else groundbreaking yet?
 
McLaren we can meet anytime that fits your schedule :)
 
Hmm, still wondering where we're going to be holding discussion. I'm posting exclusively in the GTP group, trying to get scheduling set up, so why not just drop this thread completely until we release an episode?

And if we're gonna meet up it'd be much easier to do it over Skype rather than PSN as some people only have their PS3's in their living rooms.

but anyway, don't reply to this point here, do it in the group.
 
Wardez
Hmm, still wondering where we're going to be holding discussion. I'm posting exclusively in the GTP group, trying to get scheduling set up, so why not just drop this thread completely until we release an episode?

And if we're gonna meet up it'd be much easier to do it over Skype rather than PSN as some people only have their PS3's in their living rooms.

but anyway, don't reply to this point here, do it in the group.

I agree with your Skype idea, it's way more efficient.
 
But how will we all get on the same page if we don't all have Skype?
 
Group Discussion? We have the social group for a reason. Everyone check it instead of this thread.
 
Hello? So did we just quit or what?
 
No, we're currently figureing out a date, for recording.
 
I am back from vacation, feel free to bother me for anything. :)
 
Dean J
No, we're currently figureing out a date, for recording.
Oh okay.
MOTORTRENDmitch
Absolutely not.. We need people to commit more..
Well gamerdog got banned, so I need a new co-worker
masterrawad
I am back from vacation, feel free to bother me for anything. :)
Well alright, I need a new co-worker. See above.
 
MOTORTRENDmitch
Didn't know that :p

Yea, I just found it out, but umm he's not in the banned user log. Also, obsessive rules got banned. Anyways, I'm done.
 
Well, there's nothing we can do about it, sadly.

gamerdog6482 - 24th August
2012 - Spam and blatant
disregard of the AUP is worse
than chewing up shoes and
defecating on the floor. Guess
you can't teach an old gamerdog
new tricks.
 
Last edited:
gamerdog6482 - 24th August
2012 - Spam and blatant
disregard of the AUP is worse
than chewing up shoes and
defecating on the floor. Guess
you can't teach an old gamerdog
new tricks.

:rolleyes: ...

So anyway, tomorrow we are going to hopefully have a beta episode.
McLaren need your Skype Username.. PM me or put it in the group thing.
 
MOTORTRENDmitch
:rolleyes: ...

So anyway, tomorrow we are going to hopefully have a beta episode.
McLaren need your Skype Username.. PM me or put it in the group thing.

I never learned beta. What is it? Also, I still need a new co-worker. And do you guys need a longer schedule?
 
I never learned beta. What is it? Also, I still need a new co-worker. And do you guys need a longer schedule?

beta basically means doing a dry run of the podcast: rehearsing it, fixing out some issues, etc. Tomorrow is the recording, so the schedule won't be necessary. Thank you for asking though :)
 
masterrawad
beta basically means doing a dry run of the podcast: rehearsing it, fixing out some issues, etc. Tomorrow is the recording, so the schedule won't be necessary. Thank you for asking though :)

Ahh I see. Alright then.
 
So... I'm almost ready for tomorrow. I believe I would be done with the editing after around a week or so.

McClaren - Please send me your Skype ID, either by PM or in the group. Thanks.
 
Back