GTP's Hot Version Touge Showdown

• Thread starter Mat123
  • 5,182 comments
So, what is the target time for MAX class ? 1 minute lap at Eiger ? Sub 50 second on 2nd split after the tunnel ?

I am not after for fast time on MAX class, I am trying to make a replica of a real car, that has full weight and 550ps, it won't beat the lightweight cars from the same or even lower class. I am going for fun factor :)

Last edited:
So, what is the target time for MAX class ? 1 minute lap at Eiger ? Sub 50 second on 2nd split after the tunnel ?
On SS tires I'm pretty sure it will be sub 50 second splits at the second checkpoint with standing start.
Lap times on flying laps should be right around the 1 minute mark at a guess.

On SS tires I'm pretty sure it will be sub 50 second splits at the second checkpoint with standing start.
Lap times on flying laps should be right around the 1 minute mark at a guess.

Looks like my car with full weight won't be a contender for a pole :scared: Any idea what sort of power MAX class will be running, I am running mild tune 550ps, I could try 700ps and minimum weight allowed, that should shave many seconds, but that will also ruin my goal of entering a replica:ouch:

So far I got LSD spot on, suspension is okay, everything else just like the real car ... if anyone have a spare car and time, please try the tune online, I am looking forward for some opinion:)

R35 as it is right now ran a solid 1:05. Don't remember what the split was. Still got to work on that awful braking to help beat out some contenders. :sly:

R35 as it is right now ran a solid 1:05. Don't remember what the split was. Still got to work on that awful braking to help beat out some contenders. :sly:

What sort of power and weight ? Sports Hard or soft ? Mine would be bottom scraper :crazy: with 550ps and 1540kg.

600 HP at 1497 kgs on sport softs.. Still a lardy car. I think the R35 is naturally faster than the other Skylines even if the same kind of feel is not there.

600 HP at 1497 kgs on sport softs.. Still a lardy car. I think the R35 is naturally faster than the other Skylines even if the same kind of feel is not there.

Could I interest you to try my Nismo GT LSD replica :

LSD - Real Life spec : Nismo GT LSD ( street/drift ) - design standard after breaking in plates : 6 to 6.5 kgf/m initial torque preload.
2 way
(Driving/coasting) cam angle 55°/45° -- max lock 90°

1.5 way
(Driving/coasting) cam angle 55°/1° -- max lock 90°

GT5 :

Front : 2 way

Initial : 6
Accel : 37
Brake : 30

Rear : 1.5 way

Initial : 6
Accel : 37
Brake : 5

I you want more stable braking, 2 way front and back, and for less understeer, 1.5 way front and rear.

Increase preload /initial value to 2 or 3 times the current value (6) for more balance without too much understeer. This would translate to 30% of total engine torque, IMO in which up to that torque load, the LSD locks even without any rotational difference between the wheels. So more initial, the more understeer and less predictable when on throttle, could give sudden oversteer on corner exits. Please let me know how it goes if you want to try it.

45:424 for a reference at the second split, rolling start.

My problem is the car just seems to have overall poor braking, it has football field distances combined with snap oversteer if you're not careful. Trying to play with the brake balance before the LSD, but I'll certainly give that a try later on.

45:424 for a reference at the second split, rolling start.

My problem is the car just seems to have overall poor braking, it has football field distances combined with snap oversteer if you're not careful. Trying to play with the brake balance before the LSD, but I'll certainly give that a try later on.

Are you using ABS ? R35 - I usually set 10/8 no ABS, but that's just me, I would suggest 9/4 or 9/3 or 10/5 for extreme BB with ABS. If you have snap oversteer when braking, putting a 2 way LSD at the rear is a good idea:)

My car got 53.xxx second split, rolling start, offline, pretty slow:guilty: but this car is so much fun to drive, if you try my R33 tune, I am sure you'll like it:sly:

I've chosen and started working on my TougeMAX car. I'll just say that it's an upgraded version of one of my 500PP tunes already available on my thread :sly:

I've chosen and started working on my TougeMAX car. I'll just say that it's an upgraded version of one of my 500PP tunes already available on my thread :sly:

NSX? Evo? RX-7?

Anyway, I'll try the new LSD settings. I run with ABS only on cars that can't be gotten stock without it. I run 7/4 brakes, but I'll play with some more settings.

NSX? Evo? RX-7?

Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.
It's running 1:07.xxx lap times and 0:48.xxx and under at the 2nd checkpoint.

Though I've got another machine in mind, and if it puts up similar figures with relative ease then I might stick it it.

Last edited:
Here's my 86 tune. Please use some white paint on the car and rays wheels... :-D
BE2FEC09-45E4-43C5-9BF5-4596CA668C48-1053-00000036DBB337AC.jpg

44744F7E-3429-443F-BDD9-656E93530C50-1053-00000036D449F943.jpg

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Audi quattro '82, "Opa"
Audi, formed from the remains of the companies that raced as Auto Union up to the early 1970s, was in search of an identity in the late 70s. Surrounded by high brow Mercedes-Benz, Zeitgeist BMW, Sports Car king Porsche, and the "peoples car" Volkswagen, they needed something to set them apart from the others. They needed to create an image that the buying public could point to and say "that's an Audi and I want one!"
The European Rally racing scene was hitting new heights both in terms of the race cars companies were competing with and public popularity. Group B was the fiercest battleground with cars rocketing through the European countryside at speeds never before seen. Competition was intense between car manufacturers and they were creating purpose built race cars for it, then producing the minimum number of detuned cars with the bare essentials required for registering for legal road use that was required to compete in the class. Auto Union had a great history in racing and Audi saw Rally racing as their way to bring them to prominence. Unlike other companies though they set out to build a great sports coupe that they could then modify for the rally circuit. What they created was magic and changed the automotive world forever.
As the first mass produced four wheel drive sports coupe, it set the stage for future generations and created the distinctive Audi name brand.
Opa is colloquial German for Grandpa and indeed in a way this is the grandfather not only of the current Audi cars but also cars like the Mitsubishi Lancer, Subaru Imprezza, Nissan GT-R and Lamborghini Guiardo. While these newer cars may have the edge in performance, as they benefit from 30 plus years of technological advances, "Opa" shows that he still has some moves left, as he lights up the tires in billowing clouds of smoke ripping through Eiger's hairpins. 30 is positively ancient in car years, hopefully by the time we are all grandfathers and grandmothers we will still be having as much fun and looking as good as "Opa"
Eiger_2520Nordwand_2520Short_2520Track-2-1.jpg

Eiger_2520Nordwand_2520Short_2520Track-3-1.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Used Car Dealership
Paintjob: Ibisweiß (paint by Audi)
Wheels: Rays Volk Racing TE37 (Steel finish painted Ibisweiß by Audi)
Aerodynamic Kit: none
Weight Reduction: Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Carbon Hood: No
Chassis reinforcement: No
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Exhaust: Titanium Semi-Racing
Turbo Kit: Stock
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable
Center Differential: Torque Sensing
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit
Tires: Sports Hard

The Tune
Aerodynamics: -/-
Ballast: 0kg
Power Limiter: 95.4%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 5.500
3) Set Top Speed to 112mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=3.320,
2nd=2.283,
3rd=1.635,
4th=1.239,
5th=0.990
5) Set Final gear to 4.800
Should display an indicated top speed of 120mph in upper right corner.
LSD Front Initial 10, Acceleration 15, Braking 5
LSD Rear Initial 10, Acceleration 15, Braking 5
Torque Sensing Center Differential Front 50, Rear 50
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 1.6, Rear 1.4
Toe Angle Front 0.00, Rear 0.20
Ride Height Front -15, Rear -25
Spring Rate Front 14.2, Rear 11.5
Dampers (Extension) Front 3, Rear 4
Dampers (Compression) Front 2, Rear 3
Anti-Roll Bars Front 7, Rear 7
Brakes Front 3, Rear 3 NO ABS

The car has 462PP, weighs 1176Kg with a 60/40 front/rear weight distribution, has 300HP and produces 295ft-lb torque@4,300rpm with a 7,800rpm redline.

Notes: Tuned for online Touge with NO ABS. Not the fastest in its class by far but a very fun drive with great style and personality.

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos

Alright guys! Preparations for 1st episode release are almost ready! :D I'll be uploading this Saturday! ;)

Agh! Looks like there's going to be a HUGE delay. My parents arranged a dental check-up tomorrow! :ouch:

I'm really sorry guys. :guilty: I'll try my best to upload tomorrow. If not, then Sunday. :grumpy:

Agh! Looks like there's going to be a HUGE delay. My parents arranged a dental check-up tomorrow! :ouch:

I'm really sorry guys. :guilty: I'll try my best to upload tomorrow. If not, then Sunday. :grumpy:

Don't worry about the upload too much Mat - I can wait :dopey:, all the best with the dental check up :). By the way, have you take a look at my early tune for MAX class :

HOSAKA TUNING COMPANY R33

Feel free to try and give me feedback, I hope it does not understeer online :)

Ehh…upload in the mornings? Or now, even. :lol: I assume tomorrow's testing of T300 is going to get set back as well then?

OOPS, you put my MAX class R33 GTR for 300 class ... my entry for 300 class is a Top Fuel Zero 1000 Civic EK - Top Fuel ZERO 1000 EK Civic

Ah, sorry. lol

Ehh…upload in the mornings? Or now, even. :lol: I assume tomorrow's testing of T300 is going to get set back as well then?

I'm already uploading the videos. Let's just hope It'll make it tonight. (Internet is too damn slow.)

Sadly, yes, the T300 testing will be held back as well. Probably next week instead. 👎

EDIT: Alright, 12 more videos to go! I think I can make it in 3 hours.

Last edited:
Where will you be placing the videos?
Will you post them here in this thread or just post a link to the site for them?

Where will you be placing the videos?
Will you post them here in this thread or just post a link to the site for them?

On this thread. I will be also placing a link in the OP leading to that post.

Anyway, 9 more vids to go!

EDIT: 7 more to go!

Last edited:
Audi quattro '82, "Opa"

Good man, I might have to give this a drive. A good few weeks ago now, I got into an online race with a Polish guy, who was driving one of these. Even taking into account the racing slicks, it was surprisingly quick. If his car was a little tamer, he'd have whooped more of us than he did. Deceptively quick car, when setup correctly... 👍

{Cy}

Will I see something cool from the Alpine :D ?

Well, it's a pretty fun car, but it isn't quite competetive. lol

But hey, I don't blame you. You can't go online, right?

Here's your vid BTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRiA6U_LJXg&feature=plcp

EDIT: Alright! Just 2 more vids are being uploaded! It's certain that I'll be posting the episode tomorrow! :D

EDIT#2: Yes! All vids are up! If you guys wanna check them out in advance, search "MatMed123" on YouTube. :D

Last edited:
Back