GTP's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car Segment: Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 249 comments

Would you be interested in such a segment?

• Total voters
Isn't the "Reasonably Priced Car Challenge" going to be in GT5? As one of the Stig Challenges or something? But the question would be, are they going to use the Reasonably Priced Cars from Top Gear or a different one? It'd be cool to use them all. :)

Isn't the "Reasonably Priced Car Challenge" going to be in GT5? As one of the Stig Challenges or something? But the question would be, are they going to use the Reasonably Priced Cars from Top Gear or a different one? It'd be cool to use them all. :)

Possibly but as I've said this is a community thing, not a game feature.

Great idea and if the drivers come from people who specialize in different events like you mentioned it would be great to see how everyone approaches the challenge.

Jerome

I think its a great idea, but the 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car' should have a scheduled time and date that he can set his lap time. Maybe a strict 15 minute window.

I think its a great idea, but the 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car' should have a scheduled time and date that he can set his lap time. Maybe a strict 15 minute window.

It would be like every Sunday the interview would be posted and the person for the following week would be announced. People have way to much to do in their lives from way to many different time zones to say that have to do it between X-X time.

I think it's safe to say we will have atleast 1 of the TG reasonably priced cars, in it's form from the show (same setup with cage and race seat). It wasn't confirmed in the MotorTrend article with KY, but trading lap times in the "reasonably price car", pretty much says it unofficially.

So I have received the blessing from Jordan to go ahead with this and it will be "officially" supported by GTP. So once we get the full scope of the game I think we can plan this out as to what car to use and what not. I'll be doing the thread management and what have you, but I may need some help along the way.

Thank you to all those who are interested.

So would it be like a car review in the game? Or a tips and tricks thing?

:confused:

I'm not sure what you are asking. It would be like the SIARPC segment on Top Gear, just using forum members and the game as a means to do the lap.

So once we get the full scope of the game I think we can plan this out as to what car to use and what not.

I would be surprised if PD included the TG track and not one of the reasonably priced cars.

As far as the time restriction, don't the real stars have 5 practice laps and then a timed lap? We could do it online, and have someone watching and judging to make sure they don't use more time than is allowed.

The Top Gear Test Track is in the game.

We are not going to use the same cars as Top Gear, this is a GTP thing only with inspiration from Top Gear. The only reason we will use the Top Gear Test Track is due to it's layout. If there are other short courses that are fairly simple we can look at those too, but I think our best best is the Test Track.

I don't want any form of set schedule for judging things online. If people want to cheat then so be it, but once the word gets out on the car/track combo there is nothing to stop people from practising. Honestly, in the end it's meant to be a fun way to learn something about a fellow forum member and bring the community closer together.

Just text based interviews, I'll PM a member questions to answer based on what makes them noteworthy. Then I'll just format it and put it into a thread with the video uploaded to YouTube of the lap.

There is no reason to over complicate this just yet. We could go into that eventually but let's start small.

How are members going to be picked for it? We should have something that picks members at random. Even if we do that who is to say that person is going to be online and in the forums to find out that he is supposed to be the star.

How are members going to be picked for it? We should have something that picks members at random. Even if we do that who is to say that person is going to be online and in the forums to find out that he is supposed to be the star.

Based on what they have done. Leaders in photomode competitions, WRS winners, long term members, mods, whatever. I'm open to suggestion though, I got a pretty good idea for the first couple of interviews.

And I'll have a couple interviews in a queue so I can just dispatch a PM on Sunday night or whatever and they will have till the following Saturday to do their lap and answer their questions. If for whatever reason the person that is selected can't/won't do it, then we move on to another person. It's not the end of the world.

seeing at gt5 includes top gear and the Nordschleife track is on gt5 what are the chances of there being a ford tansit van in the game so we all can try to beat clarksons time :D

We are not using the same cars as Top Gear. I have some ideas for cars but I need to wait for the official list to be posted...which I'm guessing will be soon.

Back