GTR2 Official!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 923 comments
The Viper is freaking awesome. There are already some complaints though that the lap times are unrealistic from the physics, but it's still very cool!

I'll be trying out Thruxton next.:dopey:

its much improved over gtr/gtl... but i think i will wait for driver's republic as long as i can. that game has much better phyisc/force feedback even in its super early alpha stages. you can just feel that there's alot more work put into the physics of DR and LFS than gtr2...

*McLaren*
I've been working on unlocking the cars, but I did not think you could a course like the 'Ring.

Saleen S7R, here I come!
What are you on about, unlocking cars? And how has somoene been lapping the Ring? We are talking about the GTR2 demo here arn't we?

Gabkicks
its much improved over gtr/gtl... but i think i will wait for driver's republic as long as i can. that game has much better phyisc/force feedback even in its super early alpha stages.
You've got to play it? Is it that limited beta test or is there a download I don't know of? Drivers republic looks simply awesome, I'm loving the whole concep of editing this game is using too. But I'll still be getting GTR2, and the Drivers Republic as well when that comes out.

yeah i'm one of the 400 beta testers. :) gtr2 uses canned force feedback effects rather than calculating the force on the steering column. at least thats how i understand it. its very easy to feel the difference.

anyone else find it unrealistic how the rumble strips pull you off the track ? is there a way to remedy this?

I've gone a tad bit faster now.
1gs5.jpg

Gabkicks
yeah i'm one of the 400 beta testers. :) gtr2 uses canned force feedback effects rather than calculating the force on the steering column. at least thats how i understand it. its very easy to feel the difference.

anyone else find it unrealistic how the rumble strips pull you off the track ? is there a way to remedy this?
I've just noticed you in the Drivers republic forums at Race sim central

what does your sexual orientation have to do with you being missinformed?
I agree with this reply you made :lol:.

here are some screenies of me on the nurburgring with the saleen. the saleen feels more nimble than the other cars... could just be that the default set is better. all i did was widen the gear ratios a bit, and raise the ride height a bit but i still got quite a bit of scraping :P. i hit 189 on the straightaway. with less downforce i would have probably done 195-200.

that is a 3rd party track from gtlegends. there is bump mapping that is just a worn out section of the track or something. other parts look more textured and shiny. :P
plus i dook those screenshots with no AA or AF on and i shrunk the screenshots.

:edit: i am having trouble with my control panel

Well now i can also swap in GTL add on tracks and also have the other cars unlocked, its quite a bit of fun :D, Cant wait for the full version release.

GTRacer4
Unlocking cars?! The 'Ring?!

Yep ive read at RSCNet that the other cars you race against in the demo can be driven, and you can, i beleive, put tracks into the demo, i saw someone posting screenshots of Thruxton.

yeah with some hex editing you can enable all cars and tracks easily. i havent figured out how to enable cars but tracks is easy.
1.) create a copy of the original gtr2demo.exe and save it as a backup somewhere

Use hex workshop or a similar program for the steps below. i searched for "Possible problems"
2.)
Sil3ntWar
I have edited the car executables that were provided in this thread to allow all tracks. However i have a slow upload so i dont really want to upload them. It looks like you cant have more than 2 cars in game at a time but i havent really looked at it.

For anyone who knows how to hex edit do this:

Go to offset 00319518 or somewhere around there and find the line:

" Possible problems:.3Barcelona.trk " and change it to" Possible problems:.**********.trk "

Do this for all the different car executables you have and now you can have all cars + all tracks sort of.

3.) steps below are to be done to each track folder that you are adding
change the files with gtl extensions to gtr.

open up the trk file and change all the gtl extensions to gtr

for suzuka i did
MASFile=skies_central.gtr
MASFile=Suzuka.gtr
MASFile=SuzukaMap.gtr
thats about it... you dont have to change the folder name.

and thats it :) i have an exe with the saleen unlocked so i just edited that one to unlock all tracks... but i dont understand how to unlock all cars.

I managed to enable cars, but I think the Rapidshare file on RSC only allowed certain cars. I couldn't get the #9 Viper working again, but only 1 of the other models would.

Gabkicks
here are some screenies of me on the nurburgring with the saleen. the saleen feels more nimble than the other cars... could just be that the default set is better. all i did was widen the gear ratios a bit, and raise the ride height a bit but i still got quite a bit of scraping :P. i hit 189 on the straightaway. with less downforce i would have probably done 195-200.

are you telling me that in the GTR2 demo there nurburgring nordschleife is in???

My Viper now revs to 11000 :). Sounds nice. I think I'm gonna do it to my 575 too.

I put an F1 engine in a Mini in GTR1. I still have it, it has 4WD too :).

Ok...I did the Hex edit to .exe. I can see the tracks in the game but right after it gets done loading it CTD. What I'm I doing wrong? I've tried Nurburg and Leguna Seca, but both CTD. For TheMother I changed "TheMother.gtl" to .gtr and "TheMothermap.gtl to .gtr. Then changed the MASfile lines to end in .gtr in the TRK file. What else should I be doing?

Gabkicks
aoe_viruz, did you download the nurburgring from here ? and the update?
http://www.no-grip.net/index.php?categoryid=2&subcat=34
more tracks here and also on rscnet.
http://www.mrmenmods.org/

No I got "TheMother V .9 or something like that....its 24mb. I'll try this one and see if it works.

EDIT: well that 47mb one didn't work either. I don't know what im doing wrong....oh well I just wanted to drive Nurburg.... :(

EDIT: I GOT IT WORKING!!! It seems I had put one too many * when I did the Hex edit. Leguna and Nurburg here I come! YES! BTW the Saleen is sex on wheels...it handles awsome compared to the others.

Man this demo runs absolutely beautiful. Been playing it at 1680x1050 on my Dell 24" Lcd. No anti-aliasing and no AF either, but all the details in the game set to "Full", one or two like the Shadow detail set to medium or high. Runs great and my computer certainly ain't the greatest. Athlon XP-mobile 2.4ghz, 1gb ddr400, geforce 6800gt (overclocked a bit). Haven't tried 1920x1200 yet.

I'll be taking some pics tommorow maybe.

Well ive run a 1'36.2 so far for barcelona with the lambo.

Hoping to peak at high 34's in a few days. 👍

Edit
1'35.313

34's not far away now 👍

Small_Fryz
Well ive run a 1'36.2 so far for barcelona with the lambo.

Hoping to peak at high 34's in a few days. 👍

Edit
1'35.313

34's not far away now 👍

That's very worrying that you can do laptimes 6 seconds faster than in real life. Even on full sim mode. They better do something about it because the cars are rediculously easy to handle now. :(

Back