[GTR2][RACE] GTR2Series Season 2 - Good Ending vs. Sad Air Horn

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,347 comments
And I know what you'll say next: The BMW's are underpowered! Just wait, please. Qualifying tells you next-to-nothing.

Aaaaand back to 13th I go. Talk about going downhill after a great showing... Still beats being dead last, I guess. Hopefully being 13th won't be tied to that defintion where 13th implies that you'll go the Hell, or something along those lines... :lol:

Also, dat BMW-free top 10, now that's an uncommon sight (if you know how this season first started). I don't really know if your words about then not being underpowered are right, but as they say, you're the Freddy.

Also, I'll bet my money on Seat and TVR as the two guest entries. Go big or go broke, dang it!

Is this an invitation to Freddy's Enragement Pizza Parlor?!

FTFY. :sly: :lol:

Last edited:
Well that's a really great start to my birthday. I guess I was due for a little bad luck though.

Seeing as we're almost done with this current season I have an announcement: I will not be coming back for season 3. It's nothing personal, but it is difficult dealing with this series and the other following B-spec series:

Nas' GTPFS
Angel's VRR Indycar
Raven's Endurance Championship
Geraghini's Craftsman Truck
Kuni's ????? (to be fair, I have no clue what's happening with this one)

Sorry Rally, it was fun while it lasted.

If Nagato doesn't finish top 10 this season, she's getting the boot. She may be an alien, but in the car she turns into a mere mortal!

I understand where you're coming from @DurWinning, I too have had to cut down on my entries simply because it'd be quite time consuming if I had to keep up with all the must-be-approaching-a-bazillion B-Spec series we have nowadays.

If this is how it works out best for you, then I see no reason to force you to do anything but that.

(in case it all comes across the wrong way, it's meant as a friend)

Come to think of it, while I sleep and we all wait for me to finish Le Mans some time tomorrow:

What would you rather see being used for next season?

a) What I'm preparing aka a Frankenstein's GT championship whose car selection doesn't necessarily make sense and might not be anywhere near balanced.. but has Carviewer
or
b) A series based on the EEC GT3 mod, which (sadly) doesn't have Carviewer?

Personally, I'm open for the latter. We have quite a few people asking others to do their livery anyway, and I know of at least three more people beside me who are active in this series and owns a copy of GTR2 and can thus actually see the alterations as they're made. In that respect, it shouldn't be a big change. The question is if that's what I should focus attention towards from this moment onwards.

Well, I would like to have Carviewer compatibility, as I paint from time to time and would like to know what I'm doing for a change, but if balanced racing can only be attained with the GT3 mod, then I guess that option b) would be the best course of action. Of course, then I'd have to bother people with previewing the liveries, but...

As much as I like the first one, I'm definitely leaning towards the more balance-friendly second option.

Well, I would like to have Carviewer compatibility, as I paint from time to time and would like to know what I'm doing for a change, but if balanced racing can only be attained with the GT3 mod, then I guess that option b) would be the best course of action. Of course, then I'd have to bother people with previewing the liveries, but...

Yeah, that is the trade-off. It will be little annoying having to wait for other people to tell you what your car actually looks like.

That being said, I'd be truly amazed if there wasn't a helpful spirit somewhere.

As much as I like the first one, I'm definitely leaning towards the more balance-friendly second option.

Can't blame you. Really, I can't. I've done something close to my best with the current cars, but things haven't quite turned out the way I had hoped for.

I'd love to see the EEC GT3 mod, it would be awesome to see the cars in that mod since it's so diverse. Only problem I have with it is that I have idea how to make skins show up in-game so I'm not sure if I'd be able to preview for anyone (or myself).

But, not everyone has GTR2, and not everyone knows how templates work. If we were to ditch car viewer capability, it'd be chaos of "PREVIEW PLZ" and "YOUR NUMBER PLATE IS IN THE WRONG SPOT!"

Stick with the car view files, for the sake of your sanity. Or... if you could find a way to create the x-files...

Maybe you could find another mod, or just take an entire field of a class, like all G2 cars, all GT cars, etc.

What can I say, neither plan is without its obvious flaws :lol:

Luckily I have warned that the teased "fall 2015" may end up a broken promise. That does leave some time to figure things out.

Yeah, that is the trade-off. It will be little annoying having to wait for other people to tell you what your car actually looks like.

That being said, I'd be truly amazed if there wasn't a helpful spirit somewhere.

Yeah, that's the head-scratching question; do we really want the whole "Wait for previewing process which has to be done by other people" thing to happen or not? Do we want to sacrifice a helpful tool in favor of more balanced racing? I know this last question may have an obvious answer, but still.

Yes, someone has to be the "helpful and understanding soul", that's for sure. But there has to be a way, any way, to salvage some sort of .x files which we can use. Either that or try to make them yourself, but that one is trickier to do...

try to make them yourself

Whoa whoa there, one step at a time, I'm not nearly MLG enough for that! :lol:

I do, however, have a backup plan, which is a mod and does have carviewer. It's nowhere near the pace of the current cars, and if anything it's even more unbalanced, but it might just be that little better despite that.

I do, however, have a backup plan, which is a mod and does have carviewer. It's nowhere near the pace of the current cars, and if anything it's even more unbalanced, but it might just be that little better despite that.
Which mod is that? I've never seen any mod ever mention CarViewer outside of NR2003. I might try it out

I figured that much, haha. You're not that specialized in GTR2 thingamajigs to make that work, that's why I called it the "tricky" option. A very tricky option at that... :lol:

So that's plan C; a mod which is compatible with Carviewer, but lacks the balancing of the GT3 mod and the pace of the current cars... Well, you will need some time to pick your "poison", that much is certain.

Which mod is that? I've never seen any mod ever mention CarViewer outside of NR2003. I might try it out

Ahm.. that might be because it wasn't really meant for a mod, but when someone made the mod, they made sure it worked with those carviewer files.

I'm torn, carviewer makes it so much easier. Painting for the Super GT series has been a chore, having to send the file every time I want to see a change. Lining stuff up across panels becomes a total disaster. However, a well balanced series is a definite plus, and you wouldn't have to deal with massively different cars.

How bad are the templates though? Do they require a lot of cross-panel work, or are they fairly straight forward? Also, what cars are included in the EEC GT3 mod?

Also, what cars are included in the EEC GT3 mod?

If you combine Versions 2.3 and 3.0, the only obvious GT3 cars that are missing from before this year are the Ascari KZ1, the Jaguar XK, the Morgan Aero 8, and some cars from GT3's early years. The KZ1-R exists as a standalone car, and there is also a McLaren 650S GT3 that exists as an addon for the EEC 3.0 Mod.

I'm torn, carviewer makes it so much easier. Painting for the Super GT series has been a chore, having to send the file every time I want to see a change. Lining stuff up across panels becomes a total disaster. However, a well balanced series is a definite plus, and you wouldn't have to deal with massively different cars.

How bad are the templates though? Do they require a lot of cross-panel work, or are they fairly straight forward? Also, what cars are included in the EEC GT3 mod?
The templates are actually quite simple, but I've only seen the Aston's so take that statement for a grain of salt until I check out the others. I bet it's just big body panels and no individual parts. typical mod templates.

Car List (from mod folder in GTR2 directory):
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage (DBS in an outdated version)
  • Audi R8 LMS & LMS Ultra
  • BMW Z4 E89
  • Callaway Corvette Z06R
  • Ferrari 458
  • Ford GT (Maetech and some other one)
  • Ginetta G55
  • Lamborghini Gallardo (Standard, LP520, LP600)
  • McLaren MP4-12C
  • SLS AMG
  • Nissan Nismo GTR
  • Porsche 997 GT3 R
  • SaReNi Camaro GT3
  • SRT Viper GT3-R
All cars are in 2012 spec.

Of the templates I've had a look at, they all look relatively easy to work with. A little confusing at first, maybe, but once we figure out what goes where (and a big chunk of that is simple logic), it shouldn't be a more difficult task than the current cars.

Currently it looks like the majority is more EEC and less Frankenstein. If that's the end results, I'll likely set up a few races so everyone can get experience with painting them before the season starts.

So I got a good look at the BMW templates from that mod and it turns out there's two sets of BMW body templates. Lets just say that thanks to both the BES mod on rFactor AND PCARS, I'm already one step ahead of everyone :mischievous:

giphy.gif

So, uh, GT3 confirmed, I guess?

That is, if you guys can live with them being a little heavy on the PC and thus may cause slight jumpiness on the videos. My PC might be decent, but it's far from MLG :D

(like this post if what I've just said outweighs the carviewer and you really want to see the GT3's being used for next season)

Dang morten, you know I'm torn on that... Having a balanced mod would spare us the process of fixing race balance on the fly, therefore giving us good racing from the get-go, but then we don't have carviewer and your PC might pack it in because the mod is quite taxing graphics-wise.

Boy, this'll be a difficult one to answer...

Dang morten, you know I'm torn on that... Having a balanced mod would spare us the process of fixing race balance on the fly, therefore giving us good racing from the get-go, but then we don't have carviewer and your PC might pack it in because the mod is quite taxing graphics-wise.

Boy, this'll be a difficult one to answer...

Y'know, there is always the option of first trying out the GT3s in a few off-season races and then deciding. By then, the most active participants in said races should have a good feeling of how they work.

Y'know, there is always the option of first trying out the GT3s in a few off-season races and then deciding. By then, the most active participants in said races should have a good feeling of how they work.

You could always do some test races, yes. About three or four of those, then we should be able to ascertain the quality of racing and any issues that might pop up...

StarTec International Established, Buys Out the 4 Car and Hints at New Plans
LOS ANGELES, CA- Team owner, Joe Momma, has announced that he has partnered with another good business man, Ben Dover, and in preparation for Season 3 already, has been interested in the Pratt & Miller works.

"I love Corvettes, because 'Murica!" said Momma on his way to eat an In N' Out burger.

He was later asked if Yuki Nagato would be the driver for next season.

"Why have snow in the winter? Dude, we're from California! The only hint I can give you is get ready for Summer in the Winter...or Fall...whenever that Danish dude decides to start..."

"Why are we dropping her, you ask? Well, she's not very good with fans... she always stays quiet when being asked for autographs and when she does, she writes these weird alien markings, yo. It's spooky scary. So we scouted a bunch of drivers, charismatic ones, fast ones, slow ones, skinny ones, fat ones, stinky ones, and we found our match... mostly because she threatened to leak my speedo pictures... but I'm sure we found good talent... I hope..."

"Ben and I have been working hard to get that number 4 to the front, and next season, we're gonna do it right."

"...and by right, I mean we already started physicals with our new driver! Yeah, not as in punching and strangling me until I cry-nononono, we're running and stuff like that... yeah... that's it..."

Last edited:
How a (in this case my) S3 number plate could end up looking:

GTR2S3 official number plate example.jpg

I should also say that unless I find a way to change it, the SLS AMG won't be part of next season. Why, you ask? Because it crashes my game for no apparent reason. There are still quite a few cars to choose from, however.

Back