[GTR2][RACE] GTR2Series Season 2 - Good Ending vs. Sad Air Horn

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,347 comments
How a (in this case my) S3 number plate could end up looking:

View attachment 443056

I should also say that unless I find a way to change it, the SLS AMG won't be part of next season. Why, you ask? Because it crashes my game for no apparent reason. There are still quite a few cars to choose from, however.
Mercedes-Benz-AMG_GT3_2015_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

If the mod had this....Then I'd be ok with no Sls

How a (in this case my) S3 number plate could end up looking:

View attachment 443056

I should also say that unless I find a way to change it, the SLS AMG won't be part of next season. Why, you ask? Because it crashes my game for no apparent reason. There are still quite a few cars to choose from, however.

Nifty-looking numberplate, the addition of the driver's country makes it look more professional as well. 👍

As for the SLS, well, I had never heard of that ability. Mercedes cars seem to hide many secrets, including game-crashing ones, haha. I won't mind if it doesn't join the series, after all the car list is still quite extensive, and most people will probably understand that unless they're Silver Arrow fanatics or something. :lol:

Nifty-looking numberplate, the addition of the driver's country makes it look more professional as well. 👍

As for the SLS, well, I had never heard of that ability. Mercedes cars seem to hide many secrets, including game-crashing ones, haha. I won't mind if it doesn't join the series, after all the car list is still quite extensive, and most people will probably understand that unless they're Silver Arrow fanatics or something. :lol:

Glad you like it :)

I am, of course, looking into it, but if I don't figure it out (cue my sig), we might have to settle for the (hopefully) 10+ cars I can finish templates for.

Glad you like it :)

I am, of course, looking into it, but if I don't figure it out (cue my sig), we might have to settle for the (hopefully) 10+ cars I can finish templates for.

All in a day's work, bud, it would be unfair if your good work wasn't praised. ;)👍

Ah yes, that new sig of yours is oddly fitting for this whole "Silver Crashing" issue, go figure. :lol: Quite the tough girlfriend, huh? Then again, it might possible to fix if one knows what buttons are meant to be pushed, but if that won't happen, we still have 10+ cars to work with if all goes well.

..and just as I've said that, the Merc starts to work..

rekt in potassium
me
1337-42015
did not gid gud​

..and just as I've said that, the Merc starts to work..

rekt in potassium
me
1337-42015
did not gid gud​

So much for the (plausible but unlikely) AMG GT plan, Smurfy...

Now the SLS starts to work? The heck happened there, then? I am about as baffled as you are...

Seems more like "GTR2 derps in mysterious ways."

Anywho, @rallymorten my paint shop crew has produced another Spa special. Swift Autosport has commissioned this one for the #50 of @swiftsmith

View attachment 443246

I approve.

Because Novo Nordisk :D

Le Mans is 'bout to get voiced. Be warned, there are a few big jumps because it was a pretty dull race after the first few laps.

Sorry in advance for the utterly s:censored: mic quality. There's only so much you can do when anything better than a stereotype call-center-headset costs more than you can afford and you're not exactly making millions on YouTube :D

Well, at least I got to see my Mosler. Unfortunetly, the only time I did see it, is when it crashed into a Ferrari. How typical :lol:

The race overall was really interesting, that battle for first was more heated than I thought I would be!

Nagato is in the top 10!

She's still getting fired by the end of the season after scaring the kids away in an autograph session.

Well... back to a good old-fashioned average-to-bad perfomance from the #76. Couldn't really do much against the faster accelerating Porsches, a bad starting position and quite a lot of bumping and crashing.

Henceforth, as a fair and honest racing driver, regarding my crash with Cruz I only have one thing to say;

It was totally and completely your fault. You should be "rewarded" with a 50-position penalty for causing me to crash. :grumpy: :lol:

On the plus side, if all goes well, I might scrape a top-10 overall finish after Spa. But I'll hold my breath for now...

Also, it's okay about the microphone, Morten, most of us have to go with a low-quality budget. I once nearly made everyone go deaf during a NR2003 test convo by having all sorts of iffy background noise due to my bad headset calibration. Those who heard it will know what I am refering to... :sly:

And you know that we are running a serious series here when your Le Mans race starts off with a Hello Kitty car and a Nyan Cat one sharing the first row of the grid during the early portion of the race. For realz, this is sirious biz. :lol:

MOAR Slo-mo! Nice to see you throwing something new in there Rally.

Welp, there goes my title hopes. Looking for a good result at Spa to round out the season.

MOAR Slo-mo! Nice to see you throwing something new in there Rally.

Not as new as it's just not really used that often. Maybe I should do that more often? :)

Spa liveries must be in my possession with 36 hours. Once Spa is done, work will begin on templates for the GT3s.

In relation to that, I should perhaps say that my PC's recently begun messing with the .psds I save. You'll likely need to deal with the shading being overdone immensely (but then again, it's turnoffable) and then send back the actual template you painted in order for things to work (because I can then copy all important layers over to the .pdns it deals with just fine).

With that livery, I am at least expecting your car to get caught in an updraft and tumble several times at Eau Rouge, 'cause you know, that livery gives you wings. Zing!

Coat getting time, perhaps? :lol:

Dude...:lol:

This was inspired by one of the BMWs in DTM, though it wasn't easy considering it was also three variants (including a Asymmetrical one with the Red Bull Text on one side and just the logo on the other)

Dude...:lol:

This was inspired by one of the BMWs in DTM, though it wasn't easy considering it was also three variants (including a Asymmetrical one with the Red Bull Text on one side and just the logo on the other)

I know, I know, it's a silly gag. I'm not entirely known for comedic accuracy, really... :lol:

So it's a DTM hommage, huh? Not badly executed, but that's not entirely surprising knowing who did it after all. Correct me if I am talking out of the wrong places, but isn't the Red Bull car currently being driven by Antonio Felix da Costa in DTM? Just wondering...

I know, I know, it's a silly gag. I'm not entirely known for comedic accuracy, really... :lol:

So it's a DTM hommage, huh? Not badly executed, but that's not entirely surprising knowing who did it after all. Correct me if I am talking out of the wrong places, but isn't the Red Bull car currently being driven by Antonio Felix da Costa in DTM? Just wondering...

I believe it is last I checked.

I believe it is last I checked.

Yup, it is indeed his car. Not only that, his livery is the asymmetrical-type design which you mentioned first time around;
dac2.jpg

dac1.jpg

That's one question sorted out, at least. So I have a Vaillant hommage, you have a DTM one... Spa seems to be a fitting race for hommage liveries, if anything, haha.

So I decided to download the EEC GT3 mod and see what we got. Let me give you guys some number on just what this mod is about to offer us for season 3:

- 15 Different car models (Including three new ones from the current 3 Manufacterers)
- 28 Different Specs/variations (Including 5 from two of the current Manufacterers)
- 11 Makes (With 8 new ones joining the 3 we currently have)

So yeah, you guys will be spoiled for choice. Did you have a hard time choosing for season 2? You will now :lol:

Last edited:
So I decided to download the EEC GT3 mod and see what we got. Let me give you guys some number on just what this mod is about to offer us for season 3:

- 15 Different car models (Including three new ones from the current 3 Manufacterers)
- 18 Different Specs/variations (Including 5 from two of the current Manufacterers)
- 12 Makes (With 9 new ones joining the 3 we currently have)

So yeah, you guys will be spoiled for choice. Did you have a hard time choosing for season 2? You will now :lol:
I guarantee there will be more McLaren's than anything, because McLaren ftw. I already know what I'm picking :sly: (It's not a McLaren).

I guarantee there will be more McLaren's than anything, because McLaren ftw. I already know what I'm picking :sly: (It's not a McLaren).

I don't know about that, it sadly lacks the 650S so that might not be the case.

- 28 Different Specs/variations (Including 5 from two of the current Manufacterers)
- 11 Makes (With 8 new ones joining the 3 we currently have)

Those are the expectations, certainly. Now let's see how many of them can actually be made painting-friendly :)

also 15 models and 28 specs might mean there'll still be some variation in the cars' performance. I will, as usually, give them all the same fuel consumption (because the Camaro would literally pit twice as often as everyone else if I didn't), do some tests and then take it from there.

Oh yeah, and, in addition to The Thing, who's up for this as an off-season-while-we-wait-for-me-to-finish-them-S3-templates?

upload_2015-9-9_9-24-50.png

It wouldn't involve skinning, but it would involve another form of personalisation (assuming, which I believe to be the case, that works)..

Meh, why not. Would make the wait easier.

While not officially a part of the EEC 3.0 Mod, there is a 650S GT3 that is compatible with the mod, and is already balanced to race with the cars.

http://speedster63.blogspot.de/2015/03/mclaren-gt-650s-gt3-2015-for-gtr2-wip.html

Oh? Interesting. Is it finished though or still a WIP? More importantly, is there a template available?

Edit: Considering we somehow managed to Get @Jordan in the GTPFS, I wonder if its possible we could do the same to happen here with @daan. He's managed to do some pretty damn good skins (and he actually got me started in painting skins for GTR2, though I was horrid at the time)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back