GTRRL|SuperGT Challenge Series Sign Ups Open! Rd 5 Suzuka Aug. 25th

  • Thread starter Thread starter DragonGT83
  • 3,546 comments
  • 267,159 views
Qualifying Time @ Laguna Seca

YellowHat GT-R, ZachAK47, 1:23.881
 
Just like to point out. That the 300s winners and schedule is underneath the 500s title. ANd the 500s winners and schedule under the 300s.

Might just be me viewing it on iPad, but just thought if give you a heads up
 
Surprised zach qualied so fast , i might ask to get mine done on thursday
 
Just like to point out. That the 300s winners and schedule is underneath the 500s title. ANd the 500s winners and schedule under the 300s.

Might just be me viewing it on iPad, but just thought if give you a heads up

Yeah I've noticed that too on my laptop. The links take you to the right location, but the op pictures are switched.
 
I just finished up P2 last night and I added the front aero and though for sure I'll hit a 1.26 (I was stuck in the 1'27's), but instead I ran a 1:25.879. I expect for qualifying to hit low 1'26's tho! 👍

Trickiest part of this race will be to figure out which is quicker the 3 stop or 4 stopper?
If this race is longer than 62 laps, I'm going with the 4 stopper'
 
I just finished up P2 last night and I added the front aero and though for sure I'll hit a 1.26 (I was stuck in the 1'27's), but instead I ran a 1:25.879. I expect for qualifying to hit low 1'26's tho! 👍

Trickiest part of this race will be to figure out which is quicker the 3 stop or 4 stopper?
If this race is longer than 62 laps, I'm going with the 4 stopper'

Sorry guys, been working since last saturday and still a few days to go, working like almost 60 hours this week so haven't had much time to get on. Ran this track a lil in testing and low to mid 125s are pretty decent for 300s, I'm betting pole time could be in the 124s.

500 cars should be running in the mid 1.21 range. pole could be a low 121 or a 120 possibly.

Race will be 64 Laps
 
At 64 laps wow thats gonna be a long one , i am worried for the 300 guys , they might not make it to 60 laps
 
At 64 laps wow thats gonna be a long one , i am worried for the 300 guys , they might not make it to 60 laps

yup this is one of our 1.5 hour team endurance races so they are another half hour long then our normal races are like suzuka was, should be a blast. 300s are not too far off here compared to other tracks from the 500s, should be interesting to see if we go more then 3 laps down to the 500s.
 
At 64 laps wow thats gonna be a long one , i am worried for the 300 guys , they might not make it to 60 laps

That puts the big question mark over pit strategy? I know the 12 lap pit window digs into the 15 lap window, but out of a race to 25 laps the 15 lapper was 9 seconds quicker, but I'm not sure if it will get dug into the plus side, so I'm going to have to simulate two 60 lap races to determine the winner. :ouch:
 
SkengD
Surprised zach qualied so fast , i might ask to get mine done on thursday

I'm not here so I may aswell give an early benchmark lol.
 
You know, it's funny because I never worry about pit strategy. I find that in GT5 you should just pit whenever you're tires are done :dopey:
 
Bennen13
You know, it's funny because I never worry about pit strategy. I find that in GT5 you should just pit whenever you're tires are done :dopey:

But a simple adjustment to your tune can affect wear by quite a bit. I fell victim to that in daytona. :P

1:26.0xx for me in P1. suzuka setup. laguna sure is pretty greasy.
 
If anyone wants to come practice with me, I got a room up. Might practice TCCS too

1472-6399-8880-6891-4302
 
When I get back to my apartment after class I'll get the official Q table post up and running. Thanks for the patience.
 
Gahh this is gonna suck trying not to spin everytime at the corkscrew
 
tensor120
Gahh this is gonna suck trying not to spin everytime at the corkscrew

On the way down just lift ever so slightly for that little bump and you don't spin
 
Difficult to push hard here, but when it goes right wow. And pit strategy is gonna be a biatch.

Gahh this is gonna suck trying not to spin everytime at the corkscrew
I actually short shift there just before the kink on exit.

When I get back to my apartment after class I'll get the official Q table post up and running. Thanks for the patience.
Patience? Only one guy has qualified. You're too hard on yourself lol. :lol:
 
Last edited:
Is there any room in this championship?
 
Is there any room in this championship?

Definitely! 👍

Patience? Only one guy has qualified. You're too hard on yourself lol. :lol:

Stems from trying to make everything perfect. Just the way I am. Reason I am where I am in my real life too :)
 
Stems from trying to make everything perfect. Just the way I am. Reason I am where I am in my real life too :)

I wouldn't want anything less then perfectionism from a doctor. :p
 
Zack n Phil, everytime tho at the bottom of the corkscrew, if im too inside when going right, the car will get yanked around. And then at the bottom of the hill, just before the kink, the car gets loose no matter what gear Im in.

I dont like the physics of this track in the game at all
 
This is one of the better tracks in the game where you actually feel the track , i will be online tomorrow and probably qualify tomorrow if possible .

Join me and i will try to help you out , give you a few tips.
 
Zack n Phil, everytime tho at the bottom of the corkscrew, if im too inside when going right, the car will get yanked around. And then at the bottom of the hill, just before the kink, the car gets loose no matter what gear Im in.

I dont like the physics of this track in the game at all

Raise that rear ride height up some more from whereever you have it and you can also lower the front to help with snappy loose issues. Works pretty well in the NSX.
 
tensor120
Zack n Phil, everytime tho at the bottom of the corkscrew, if im too inside when going right, the car will get yanked around. And then at the bottom of the hill, just before the kink, the car gets loose no matter what gear Im in.

I dont like the physics of this track in the game at all

What I do is take the outside on exit. The elevation change on inside is too great in such short distance. You'd have better luck driving off a cliff. I'll be very surprised if I see anyone taking inside line at full speed....
 
Thats right the outside line is the way to go
 
Most of the time I feel the closer to the inside of the top of the hill you take it, the better approach you can take on exit. If you over brake into the corkscrew your going to be stuck at a very bad angle on exit and be stuck on that terrible elevation change. Easy in, hard out.
 
Ah the next race is Laguna :( hate the track

So do I just turn up on the day or do I have to Q?
 
Ah the next race is Laguna :( hate the track

So do I just turn up on the day or do I have to Q?

You have up till 12 hours before the green flag to qualify. The order is then set off those results. To qualify just get a hold of one of the stewards when your ready. Ill have the qualifying up chart up soon here with the stewards to get a hold of :)
 
Qualifying is now open for this week's race. This will be the post that will be used for the qualifying results. It is going to be this Saturday at 7ET. It will be at the Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and will be an hour and a half long endurance race (64 Laps)

This post here will detail the results, procedures and etc on how we do qualifying (See OP for more details). Qualifying is over and final 12 hours before the scheduled start of the race.

The chart below details the current qualifying standings. This will be updated as the week goes forth and when a new page is made I will quote this post

Current Qualifying Results:
D8859485_68769882_670670

To qualify you can either PM a steward here on GTPlanet, post a post on here with a public room number for a steward to join, or if you are friends on PSN with a steward you can PM them on there. Below is the list of Stewards that can qualify you (as of now)

GTPlanet name (PSN name)

- XxShaggxX (Xx-Shagg-xX)
- DragonGT83 (same)
- KingBestJr (same)
- gtpanoz (panoz38)
- kk20 (killa_kandy)

Note that Stewards must qualify with other Stewards
 
xStretch-
Ah the next race is Laguna :( hate the track

So do I just turn up on the day or do I have to Q?

So I see you're from north london, wherabouts mate. Im in NW meself.
 
Back