GTRRL|SuperGT Challenge Series Sign Ups Open! Rd 5 Suzuka Aug. 25th

  • Thread starter Thread starter DragonGT83
  • 3,546 comments
  • 267,163 views
If 2 cars are going into a turn or chicane, whoever has there nose out in front should get the right away. So if you need help determining who gets the right of way, check and see if you see a nose there are not. And if both drivers don't see a nose than hold your line tightly through the turn.
 
tensor120
Or people can not try to run side by side thru the chicane. That should go for every chicane in the world. May I remind people youre only losing more time to the people in front and in back of you. Just let the person pass and slot in behind and get em back in another turn. Also, the person defending has the right to any line he/she wants unless of course any part of the offending persons car is alongside

By the ORL rules a significant proportion is when the front of the car is in line with the driver of your car. So it is acceptable to push someone off until that point. It's not very gentlemanly, but it wouldn't be punished. Provided no contact was made of course.

Also I agree, especially with this track, just wait for the straight. Draft is beastly on GT5 so corner overtaking should only be used if you geared car wrong.
 
I agree I always usually use the 1st straight leading up Eau Rogue as a closing tactic to get ready for the draft pass down Kemmel, but there are those times were the following car gets a way better run after the La Source hairpin and can pass the leading car right before Eau Rogue, so I expect in this situation you will have passing going on before Eau Rogue here and there.
 
Just got the course pack, twin ring and a car pack so I made the most of the $20SGD. They only allow you to put cash in steps of $10. :ouch:
 
Just got the course pack, twin ring and a car pack so I made the most of the $20SGD. They only allow you to put cash in steps of $10. :ouch:
I hope you didn't use your credit card :D
 
Used my moms card as mine ain't Mastercard or Visa, but Im an honest guy so I'll pay her back in cash. :p
Not too bad though, got the 2 tracks and a car pack, had about $2 left. Damn I could buy a nice cold drink with that...
 
phil bell
Used my moms card as mine ain't Mastercard or Visa, but Im an honest guy so I'll pay her back in cash. :p
Not too bad though, got the 2 tracks and a car pack, had about $2 left. Damn I could buy a nice cold drink with that...

I wonder which drink? :P

Are you by any chance gonna spectate F1? Singapore night race is awesome man.
 
Are there any times anyone can share from Spaaaaaaa?

Shagg do you know that the results in the OP are GT500 winning drivers are listed under the GT300 list and vice versa. I guess it dont matter right? Just always confuses me
 
Last edited:
tensor120
Are there any times anyone can share from Spaaaaaaa?

Shagg do you know that the results in the OP are GT500 winning drivers are listed under the GT300 list and vice versa. I guess it dont matter right? Just always confuses me

I've been done 2.16s. Can get a 2.13 I think. It's such a long track.

Yeah I've told him before. But if you click the links you go to the respective tables :/. Its weird
 
ZachAK47
I've been done 2.16s. Can get a 2.13 I think. It's such a long track.

Yeah I've told him before. But if you click the links you go to the respective tables :/. Its weird

I thought it took u to the correct tables. Oh well haha. BUT I WANT THE LAST 2 WINNERS LISTED ALSO!!!!! haha jk

Ill edit my times in here soon. Just started practicing.
Are you running like a GT1000 class or something Zach??
I forgot to post. My time was 1:17.xxx forgot the rest

And about long tracks, you dont like em? Or just this one? I love em. I wish they would make DLCs of old school tracks like Spa which used to be around 8 miles. Old school Monza would be awesome too. Rehms (however its spelt). OS Watkins Glen. Isle of Man. OS Hockenheimring. Theres alot that are so awesome
 
Last edited:
tensor120
I thought it took u to the correct tables. Oh well haha. BUT I WANT THE LAST 2 WINNERS LISTED ALSO!!!!! haha jk

Ill edit my times in here soon. Just started practicing.

And about long tracks, you dont like em? Or just this one? I love em. I wish they would make DLCs of old school tracks like Spa which used to be around 8 miles. Old school Monza would be awesome too. Rehms (however its spelt). OS Watkins Glen. Isle of Man. OS Hockenheimring. Theres alot that are so awesome

If anyone wants to join for practice:
1472-6118-4259-7712-8350

I love long tracks. It's just easy to mess up a corner and that's your lap gone for qualifying lol. So haven't got a good lap in. First sector is fine as that's just La Source. It's the middle sector that's doing me at the minute.

I see polyphony digital are mapping silverstone for GT6. I hope they add in the old style track aswell. And Bathurst. Man I love that track.
 
P1 session going down tonight.
 
kk20
I wonder which drink? :P

Are you by any chance gonna spectate F1? Singapore night race is awesome man.

Went last year, was a nice event but Im not a big F1 fan. Still a good experience though!
 

It was in my lounge so I had no room number my fault for not specifying.

After my P1 Session was stopped to a halt due to PS3 DNS server going down, I was clocking around low 2:26's. there's a couple of lines I would like to take that would shave down my time easily, but without a wheel it's a high risk maneuver using a Ds3! For us GT300's this track is like Talladega with lefts and rights!
 
Honestly Tensor, you and Zach are the fastest DS3 users I know. I never driven a full lap here so doubt I can even get those times...
 
I love long tracks. It's just easy to mess up a corner and that's your lap gone for qualifying lol. So haven't got a good lap in. First sector is fine as that's just La Source. It's the middle sector that's doing me at the minute.

I see polyphony digital are mapping silverstone for GT6. I hope they add in the old style track aswell. And Bathurst. Man I love that track.

OMG I cant wait to see those tracks in GT... 5 I hope. Im sure they're going to put em in GT5 cause Kazunori said theres more DLC for 5. I also think 6 will be on PS3 too. Unless PS4 is really not that far away from being released... No one knowsssss

I hate the middle sector in Spa. It is hard to get clean laps in each and every lap. Sometimes you just got to do it the least

Honestly Tensor, you and Zach are the fastest DS3 users I know. I never driven a full lap here so doubt I can even get those times...

👍
Thanks, cool to hear

It was in my lounge so I had no room number my fault for not specifying.

After my P1 Session was stopped to a halt due to PS3 DNS server going down, I was clocking around low 2:26's. there's a couple of lines I would like to take that would shave down my time easily, but without a wheel it's a high risk maneuver using a Ds3! For us GT300's this track is like Talladega with lefts and rights!

Oh its alright. I think I got carried away with something anyway.
Using a DS3 seems to be a high risk maneuver :lol:
The middle sector must be fun for you 300s
 
Last edited:
Is anyone practicing later on?
 
phil bell
Is anyone practicing later on?

When? I'll come on
I'm on the F1 demo on Xbox lol. Can't wait :D.

Best time so far is a 2.16.9xx
 
ZachAK47
When? I'll come on
I'm on the F1 demo on Xbox lol. Can't wait :D.

Best time so far is a 2.16.9xx

Gimme some time for transport, shower and food. I reckon 2 hours and I'll be up mate.

Ok maybe 2 is conservative but my bus is really hustling now.
 
Pm me i will join and probably qualify today if steward is available
 
I got a room open. Feel free to join in

1472 6118 4130 9223 3121
 
Can't race this weekend. Probably won't qualify either as I don't have the track yet. Have a good race all.
 
****ing GT5 I already downloaded the content and it will not allow me to activate it. Just says no download content found. Need help.

Buy the content, download and it tells me nothing detected, _|_ you Polyphony Digital. :ouch:
 
Last edited:
****ing GT5 I already downloaded the content and it will not allow me to activate it. Just says no download content found. Need help.

Buy the content, download and it tells me nothing detected, _|_ you Polyphony Digital. :ouch:

Did you download it from the PS Store after purchasing it? If you did try deleting the download and re-download it from the PS Store. This seems pretty strange though, maybe it's a new bug from the last patch, who knows. And yes _|_ you PD :lol: I swear they're in cahoots with Valve, and their sole purpose is to frustrate gamers as much as they entertain them.
 
Not sure if it matters, but did you purchase from the same PS Store as the version of your game, i.e. European PS Store if PAL game or North America PS Store if NTSC etc?
 
Ok I (well my friend who may join this league next season) found the problem, my PSN is an asian account but my game is BCES, european. Irritating. -_-
I swear they're in cahoots with Valve, and their sole purpose is to frustrate gamers as much as they entertain them.
Exactly my thoughts!!
 
Pepsi i think they have a thing that you can share the dlc with other users on your ps3 so look into that might help .

Fingers crossed
 
SkengD
Pepsi i think they have a thing that you can share the dlc with other users on your ps3 so look into that might help .

Fingers crossed

No you can't. GT5 DLC is locked to account not system like COD DLC for example. Or so I've read on the Internet.
 
Back