GTS credit grinding not ecological..

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 199 comments
Existing to serve me is a pre-requisite of me buying the game, they do not have a business if people don't buy their game. Who is going to pay them money if what they get in return isn't subservient to them? It would be like me paying a builder to do work on my house, and them asking me to take their van and fill it up with fuel, cook them food, do their washing etc. If I'm paying something, I get to set the terms, not the other way round. In the case of a game, I set the terms by only buying a game if I'm happy with how it works. I do not exist to buy their game, they have to provide me with something I want to buy. I've been playing computer games since the early 1980s, and Forza was the first game (lumping them all together) I ever played that had a mismatch between how I want to play the game and how you need to play it to access content. GTS is, I guess, the second, except that it's not a problem due to being able to earn credits by unattended driving. But if it didn't have that, it would be the second game I've played with that mismatch. Maybe this mismatch is commonplace nowadays, and I just haven't played the games that have it, but I don't see why it would be commonplace given that such games would be less appealing to players and hence less likely to be purchased.

Seeing as every GT has required the grind, did you expect this one to be different?

There is always the option, if dissatisfied with a product, to not continue using it? Or what other solution can you present to the problem, to be satisfied with the product?

The No True Scotsman fallacy is approaching its 50th birthday, actually.

I believe so, yes.1971 wasn't it.

Seeing as every GT has required the grind, did you expect this one to be different?

There is always the option, if dissatisfied with a product, to not continue using it? Or what other solution can you present to the problem, to be satisfied with the product?
No previous GT has had sport mode, so hasn't had the mismatch that GTS has. I have never had any "grind" in any previous GT game, I simply played them how I wanted to. Without sport mode, there was no need to own any particular car, so it didn't bother me at all, I never even thought about attempting to own all the cars in previous games. But now we have sport mode, if there is, for example, a Gr.1 Nations Cup race, I need to own all the Gr.1 cars so I can test every one of them to see which one will suit me best for the race. This creates a need to own cars that wasn't there in previous games, at the same as the activity that creates that need paying out very little.

I don't have a problem with GTS because I can easily enough rack up the credits needed to buy the cars, so there is no need for me to stop playing it. I have stopped playing Forza because of it having the problem of the way I want to play the game not counting towards what you have to do to unlock content. However, before resorting to that, I feel it's better to convey one's feelings to the developer. I gave PG many months from when I raised a ticket, to see if they would make the changes that I and many other players requested, but they haven't, so I have stopped playing their game.

No previous GT has had sport mode, so hasn't had the mismatch that GTS has. I have never had any "grind" in any previous GT game, I simply played them how I wanted to. Without sport mode, there was no need to own any particular car, so it didn't bother me at all, I never even thought about attempting to own all the cars in previous games. But now we have sport mode, if there is, for example, a Gr.1 Nations Cup race, I need to own all the Gr.1 cars so I can test every one of them to see which one will suit me best for the race. This creates a need to own cars that wasn't there in previous games, at the same as the activity that creates that need paying out very little.

I don't have a problem with GTS because I can easily enough rack up the credits needed to buy the cars, so there is no need for me to stop playing it. I have stopped playing Forza because of it having the problem of the way I want to play the game not counting towards what you have to do to unlock content. However, before resorting to that, I feel it's better to convey one's feelings to the developer. I gave PG many months from when I raised a ticket, to see if they would make the changes that I and many other players requested, but they haven't, so I have stopped playing their game.

I respect that. Integral honesty throughout. The problem with suggestions to PD to change their game system is, in my view, that any such request will always fall on deaf ears.

Maybe due to the points I alluded to previously with GT being PD's and Kaz's 'baby'. After all, it's not what we want in their eyes. It's what they want. Kaz in the game side. Sony in the money side.

If you remember back before launch, Kaz stated that Sport wouldn't feature any MTXs. And low and behold, post launch, they dropped them in there. I feel that would've been a Sony choice and not a PD one.

So as long as people keep spending real money on cars, the more they'd view that as a success. And it could lead to GT7 being even grindier for us...

It's an issue that we need to watch closely. As in other games, the grind is all so easily manipulated with the developers solution being to have you use a credit card.

And i'm sure the majority don't want that.

If you have to resort to grinding to afford a unicorn car, the credit system isn't "bloody good".
The Credit system is bloody good and I said this before, remember it is a Long term game and you can take as much time as you like to get that car.
If PD gives us bigger credits payouts the price of all the cars will increase accept for the 20 mill cars, and you don't want that to happen do you ?. The Credits system across the board in GTS events is 100% right, because there is not many cars in the game like it was in GT6.
In GT6 we had bigger online payouts because we had over 1100 cars to buy, if you want that many and buy parts for you car and service your car, in GTS we have not got parts to buy just using credits to buy cars.

PD in GT Sport has got the credit system Right, and if you are not happy with the way that PD has got the Credit system, well the game is not meant for you.

@MatskiMonk if you are talking about Free cars go an play other Racing games that don't require a Credits system simple, and you can get Free stuff in GT Sport just do the Daily driven bonus, and you get a free car.

I
I respect that. Integral honesty throughout. The problem with suggestions to PD to change their game system is, in my view, that any such request will always fall on deaf ears.

Maybe due to the points I alluded to previously with GT being PD's and Kaz's 'baby'. After all, it's not what we want in their eyes. It's what they want. Kaz in the game side. Sony in the money side.

If you remember back before launch, Kaz stated that Sport wouldn't feature any MTXs. And low and behold, post launch, they dropped them in there. I feel that would've been a Sony choice and not a PD one.

So as long as people keep spending real money on cars, the more they'd view that as a success. And it could lead to GT7 being even grindier for us...

It's an issue that we need to watch closely. As in other games, the grind is all so easily manipulated with the developers solution being to have you use a credit card.

And i'm sure the majority don't want that.

We share this thought/concern though.

I may have come in hot earlier, I was mainly aiming my complaint at the other chap, that persists in repeating the same nonsense yet again and repeatedly has, but I'm quite fed up of the same old same old. No excuse I know, but It's done now. I do apologise for my outburst towards you, and having read further, I do understand where you're coming from having read more. Sorry for that.

I make no apologies for the other chap, but warning taken. I do hope he can be asked to not just repeat the same thing when he clearly isn't understanding fully what many are saying. A fair balance between the modes so whatever we play, campaign, lobbies, or sport/FIA races, all can enjoy the game to its fullest. No one is asking for their to be no progression or economy, at least I've never implied that.

The game's focus is competitive online racing, even if we all had all the cars available, if the sport/FIA modes are competitive and full of life, the gaming thrives. And if another stays with campaign and has free reign, good for them. More enjoyed hours, less grinding, and everyone wins.

But as you say, it's a business too and it is common for games with microtransactions or recurring spending to have a grind. I strongly dislike the influence it can have.

Anyway, again. Sorry for my outburst.

I

We share this thought/concern though.

I may have come in hot earlier, I was mainly aiming my complaint at the other chap, that persists in repeating the same nonsense yet again and repeatedly has, but I'm quite fed up of the same old same old. No excuse I know, but It's done now. I do apologise for my outburst towards you, and having read further, I do understand where you're coming from having read more. Sorry for that.

I make no apologies for the other chap, but warning taken. I do hope he can be asked to not just repeat the same thing when he clearly isn't understanding fully what many are saying. A fair balance between the modes so whatever we play, campaign, lobbies, or sport/FIA races, all can enjoy the game to its fullest. No one is asking for their to be no progression or economy, at least I've never implied that.

The game's focus is competitive online racing, even if we all had all the cars available, if the sport/FIA modes are competitive and full of life, the gaming thrives. And if another stays with campaign and has free reign, good for them. More enjoyed hours, less grinding, and everyone wins.

But as you say, it's a business too and it is common for games with microtransactions or recurring spending to have a grind. I strongly dislike the influence it can have.

Anyway, again. Sorry for my outburst.
I don't think you fully understand about games, if a game has a credit system like GTS has got you have to accept the credit payouts you get for each event for that game, and that goes with Sport Mode races.
Remember grinding is a way of life in a racing game with a credit system, and it is not the games fault you just have to accept what you get in a game.

The grind atleast was made more sense back when the most expensive car were a 3.3 million credits Vulcan.

Now the presence of 20 million cars makes grinding a rather nonsense job.

Last edited:
I don't think you fully understand about games, if a game has a credit system like GTS has got you have to accept the credit payouts you get for each event for that game, and that goes with Sport Mode races.
Remember grinding is a way of life in a racing game with a credit system, and it is not the games fault you just have to accept what you get in a game.
This coming from someone known to exploit the game and cut every corner to not have to grind like you say should be a way of life. Do you even hear yourself?

Don't quote me anymore, zero interest in discussing legitimate gaming with a known cheat that I feel is deliberately trolling this topic each time it comes up. Good day.

This thread summed up... "Kaz is wrong and I want stuff for free"

The Credit system is bloody good and I said this before, remember it is a Long term game and you can take as much time as you like to get that car.
If PD gives us bigger credits payouts the price of all the cars will increase accept for the 20 mill cars, and you don't want that to happen do you ?. The Credits system across the board in GTS events is 100% right, because there is not many cars in the game like it was in GT6.
In GT6 we had bigger online payouts because we had over 1100 cars to buy, if you want that many and buy parts for you car and service your car, in GTS we have not got parts to buy just using credits to buy cars.

PD in GT Sport has got the credit system Right, and if you are not happy with the way that PD has got the Credit system, well the game is not meant for you.

@MatskiMonk if you are talking about Free cars go an play other Racing games that don't require a Credits system simple, and you can get Free stuff in GT Sport just do the Daily driven bonus, and you get a free car.

Pretty much this one. And people who are disappointed because of it are making threads like these to point them out.

I am amazed how people still fail to see the point here. Yes you can make money in GTS, but its wildly out of balance between offline vs online racing. If you dont want to put your 100 hours of time in mind numbing ai races but use the same 100 hours in demanding sport mode races your pay out is fraction of the other option. These should be re balanced if they want to encourage people to play Sport Mode and FIA races.

This coming from someone known to exploit the game and cut every corner to not have to grind like you say should be a way of life. Do you even hear yourself?

Don't quote me anymore, zero interest in discussing legitimate gaming with a known cheat that I feel is deliberately trolling this topic each time it comes up. Good day.
I don't Cheat sunshine, so you need to apologies.

Says the person who, time and time again, has been posting publicly about how they leave their ps4 rubberbanding overnight as if that somehow brings credibility to their argument about how the economy system is so great this kind of action wouldn't be necessary.

Also:

earning a 2 mill in 1 hour is outstanding.

You don't have to play for 10 hours to earn 1 car that cost 20 mill credits

Not only would I quite like some medical assistance to stop my current outburst of laughter (it's been going for the past 15 minutes send help), but.. I mean, you're technically right. It's only a technicality and it argues the exact opposite of what you want it to, but you are technically right. 10 hours per 20-million car is when grinding. It most definitely is not when you're just playing.

So no, you don't actually need to play 10 hours to get one of them cars. Twist = plotted.

I don't Cheat sunshine

..but I thought I was your sunshine?

Or have you just run out of creative insults to hurl at people who disagree with you?

A'ight then, let me help you with a freebie:

"You're so thick-headed you'd think Pachycephalosaurs have yet to go extinct"

If you ever find yourself arguing against someone with the IQ of a window sill and the stubbornness of a Donald Trump supporter, you can use this to let them know exactly what you think of their argumentative methods.

Also I'm not going to take the blatantly obvious bait a little further up this page. So much for that moral standard, I guess.

Says the person who, time and time again, has been posting publicly about how they leave their ps4 rubberbanding overnight as if that somehow brings credibility to their argument about how the economy system is so great this kind of action wouldn't be necessary.

Also:

Not only would I quite like some medical assistance to stop my current outburst of laughter (it's been going for the past 15 minutes send help), but.. I mean, you're technically right. It's only a technicality and it argues the exact opposite of what you want it to, but you are technically right. 10 hours per 20-million car is when grinding. It most definitely is not when you're just playing.

So no, you don't actually need to play 10 hours to get one of them cars. Twist = plotted.

..but I thought I was your sunshine?

Or have you just run out of creative insults to hurl at people who disagree with you?

A'ight then, let me help you with a freebie:

"You're so thick-headed you'd think Pachycephalosaurs have yet to go extinct"

If you ever find yourself arguing against someone with the IQ of a window sill and the stubbornness of a Donald Trump supporter, you can use this to let them know exactly what you think of their argumentative methods.

Also I'm not going to take the blatantly obvious bait a little further up this page. So much for that moral standard, I guess.
Man you talk some rubbish.
Be very careful what you say in future to someone who has a disability because I will report you.

Be very careful what you say in future to someone who has a disability because I will report you.
Please don't use disability as an excuse for straight-up lying, it's tacky.
I glitch my way to level 50 in November last year
If I did not do the reversing glitch I would not have bothered to get to level 50, because it will take you along time, so just enjoy the game.
Sadly I have not got any good way to get experience points after PD patch it the glitch.
ok I had brought all the racing cars in GT6 because of the money glitch and when it got patched
It's little wonder you don't have any perspective on just how slow GT Sport is to award credits.

There's no apology needed at all, I haven't spoken out of turn as I'm basing this all on previous posts from you about how you play this game. You have on many occasions proudly boasted how you exploited the game to avoid the grind you so strongly believe everyone but you should accept. You cheated, by your own words.

You can keep saying it, but you yourself highlight there is an issue with the in-game economy with your confessed exploits.

Thank you for helping highlight the problem though.

I am amazed how people still fail to see the point here. Yes you can make money in GTS, but its wildly out of balance between offline vs online racing. If you dont want to put your 100 hours of time in mind numbing ai races but use the same 100 hours in demanding sport mode races your pay out is fraction of the other option. These should be re balanced if they want to encourage people to play Sport Mode and FIA races.
Actually, I don't play the game. But yeah, why is the credit system like that? It doesn't give everyone a peace of mind at all. Hopefully, PD fixes this in the future.

Actually, I don't play the game. But yeah, why is the credit system like that? It doesn't give everyone a peace of mind at all. Hopefully, PD fixes this in the future.
It is just a modern grindfest instead of gameplay games as a service thing. There's a lot of that about.

That changes things. I'll be.. less creative with how I phrase "you have no idea what you're talking about and none of the things you say help to disprove that" in the future.

Also, hi, I have low-level Aspergers and I've spoken wide and openly about it in the past, and if you feel like making a low-effort attack on my self-confidence because of that, you shall be welcome to do so. Believe me, there are bigger droppings out there.

But we're getting off topic here. The fastest reliable way of obtaining 20-million credit cars in Sport-Mode-is-the-next-big-thing GT Sport is by playing GT League for 10 hours or leaving your PS4 rubberbanding for three-and-a-bit combined days and that's a problem. Change my mind.

Last edited:
my own take on the credit system is that on paper it works, in reality it's eeehhh
I'm not speaking about the grinding per se, i'm talking about the single player races or how you get payed in game.
It's fairly easy to rack up 230.000 grinding the same rb2019 race at la sarthe, plus the clean driving bonus you get quite a lot of cash for few minutes of driving. what's wrong with it? Well, variety.
there aren't many races like that, in return you find yourself endlessly cycling through bmb, the red bull, the nostalgic series or the gr1 at monza.
Time attack on sport mode is cool for bragging rights but gives you no additional value. You're not encouraged playing sport mode by means like, i dunno, a bonus car you get by winning. Instead you get payed as if it were a custom race.
Custom races are a whole different beast altogether, i keep grinding my way using the toyota sf r racing prototype against Gt4 cars. the action is cool and all but there's still a lot of $$ missing.
I'm ok with unicorns costing this much, i don't like that the game actively works against you with little to do.
That and the 20mill cap.

The problem is you're comparing your experience of playing the game with someone repeatedly using the most efficient tactic available simply to earn credits. Those things aren't directly comparable, most of GT League doesn't pay that well either (if you're using time taken to achieve 20 mil cars). The difference is that it's much easier to do more races in 100 hours offline, and you're much more likely to win - to achieve parity on that basis you'd have to make the sport mode payouts massive, and if you were to use one of the META races in GTL as your benchmark you'd have to make it even bigger.

I'm not saying Sport mode payouts shouldn't be increased, but - as an example - comparing your stats to mine (in simple terms) you've completed 567 sport mode races, I've completed about 500 GT League races. I've won 131 million credits, you've won just under 40, so it certainly looks like GTL pays out better... call it ~4 times better... However you've finished, on average, in 7th place in the dailies with 29 wins, whereas of those ~500 GTL races I've done, I've won 465 of them. Effectively my win rate is about 18 times higher than yours - now I'm not saying this with any view to relative skill, I appreciate League wins are far easier to come by - however it becomes clear that what you are asking for, is actually for online payouts to be massively more than offline, because that's the only way someone winning only 5% of the time will see a remotely similar payout to someone choosing to play the offline mode and probably winning all/most of the time.

A million people playing a league race can all win and see that maximum payout - Of a million people playing a Sport race, only a fraction of them can achieve the same. If you want to reward everyone's time roughly the same, and you install massive payouts online to drag the average earnings up, then you are effectively rewarding a small portion of online players (the winners) far more than you would be people playing offline - which you may be okay with, but I still wouldn't call that parity. I mean, I don't recall getting a free trip abroad with a free bar for winning a GT League race either, so I'd argue the best prizes are already for Sport mode players, but that's a different argument probably.

It's all fairly moot in my opinion anyway. PD's objective is very clearly to make certain in game assets very, very difficult to achieve - all these suggestions about ways of getting more credits in the game are pointless, PD set the bar as high as it did on purpose.. until they change their mind on that, it is what it is, and I think it's foolish to use that as the benchmark for whether the in game economy is appropriate or not. For those that like to play sport mode, you'll get given a car for free pretty much every day you play, you can choose a manufacturers car to get for free, you'll probably be given a car for free to use for a race if the rules call for it and at no stage are you required to have any of these super expensive assets to compete, and, on the off chance that you do need a few hundred thousand credits you have the same opportunity to earn money in GT League as every other player.

I believe so, yes.1971 wasn't it.

I think i have one, maybe if we could get 1 test drive of any car of choice for 1 lap (pd chosen track) every 24 real life hours, that might be nice maybe? can't be abused and lets you decide if you want to save for this 20mil car or this 15mil car instead? what do you all think?

Personally I am happy with the game the way it is, I wouldnt mind trying one lap in the 20mil jaguar but it's not something I would argue about :)

Please don't use disability as an excuse for straight-up lying, it's tacky.
I have a Disability Famine since birth, so saying that I am lying about my disability is a very low and you should apologize please.

I have a Disability Famine since birth, so saying that I am lying about my disability is a very low and you should apologize please.
I said that using disability as an excuse for lying was tacky. What you were lying about was cheating - after demanding another user apologise to you for saying you cheated, and to be "very careful" what they say to you because of a disability - and I quoted several posts of yours detailing your cheating. It's pretty clear, even without randomly capitalised words and linking words shoved in to tie two unrelated clauses together.

Again, you are objectively wrong. If you didn't cheat with the pitlane glitch, GT Sport is the slowest paying active GT game ever, and was even slower before the game introduced GT League to make it faster. The only slower game is GT5, because the servers are off and you can't do the Seasonal Events or get your login bonus any more. With those, even GT5 was faster (although it blocked you from buying cars unless you reached the right level to do so).

As you did cheat it, it's not surprising you can't see that - despite admitting it as recently as May 2018, as quoted.

Last edited:
Back