GTS Currently Has a 78% on Metacritic

I honestly can't predict what will happen to the future of the franchise, but I do know some people are going to come into this thread and claim the reviews from large publications are not trustworthy because they do not understand the idea behind Gran Turismo Sport. :rolleyes:

Forza is rated higher but I see alot of hate for it in the forza forums by there fans. Gt is lower but I don't see as much hate for it in here so for me it means nothing. I loved the order 1886 and that didn't do to well in scores.

The times we are living in are very strange. Games in early access stage get highest scores when they come out unplayable into the stores. And others as polished as they are the score has to be lower because of the numbers alone.

Forza is rated higher but I see alot of hate for it in the forza forums by there fans. Gt is lower but I don't see as much hate for it in here so for me it means nothing. I loved the order 1886 and that didn't do to well in scores.
This isn't an official forum, and they very much lack one, so fan's don't have an official open-source to vent to like they do with Forza. Regardless of which, there has been plenty of disgruntled fans in this forum, however, we have only 250k members here, out of the literal millions that purchase GT games.

Not surprising, to be honest. It is an entirely new direction for GT and as a series that is known for car collecting and a deep single player campaign (it could be argued GT1 is what started the whole genre) I can see how someone would be put off by the online focus of GT Sport.

That being said, I am very happy with the game. The driving is sublime and the content that is here is very high quality. Yes, I want more tracks, I want more cars and I want more offline content, but judging the game as it is, I am happy and I've never had more fun racing online. I hope PD makes a numbered title with all the deep single player content we know and love from GT titles of the past while keeping all the online content from GT Sport, that would be my perfect racing game.

No online only saves though, that was a bad idea, a very bad idea.

And send over some Western devs to help them out. It's clear they are struggling with modern game development with not enough help from Sony.

Well, who else is there? Evolution is gone.

And even if they did send in help, who wouldn't say that Polyphony would ostracize them and shut them out? Japanese game development is notoriously bull headed, and steadfast in they belief they don't need the help of the gaijin...even if it means their impending doom as a company.

It's now on 77%... Yesterday it went even down to 76%

It isn't a great score for the series really.. Users score on metacritic is even lower... Seems that quite some people is annoyed with the "permanent Internet connection and online save file" or missing content and GT Mode.

That shows also that a lot of people doesn't inform himself about a game.. And go buy it just for be a "well known serie"

TBH, it is not a great score but I think it is pretty normal and predicted.
Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy playing gts. But I also have to admit gts is a strange game with big surprises (graphics/sound/driving/online) and lots of imperfection (lacks of cars/tracks/modes).
The current version of gts is more like a sketch. PD and Kaz do have built a excellent framework but they still need to feed more content into it.

So I'm under the impression that this isn't a "real" iteration and that GT7 is somewhere in the pipes with a format we all recognise...

But does anyone have any source for this argument? Or are people just assuming it?

Not surprising, the went from a niche genre to a niche, although growing niche, inside a niche genre.

Also, it's a departure from traditional GT games which is usually very controversial for any franchise regardless of whether or not the departure objectively speaking an improvement or not.

So I'm under the impression that this isn't a "real" iteration and that GT7 is somewhere in the pipes with a format we all recognise...

But does anyone have any source for this argument? Or are people just assuming it?
WoG is this is "GT7". Hopefully they'll be up to 400 cars after improving the premium cars to super premium after a couple of years...

IMO it really sucks seeing stuff like this because people aren't giving this game a chance to stand on it's own merits, instead it's being weighed down by the expectations the rest of the games in the series built up.

I really thought that after 20 years of the same game with declining quality, people would welcome some sort of change much more than they are now.

IMO It's another case of "It would be a much better game if it didn't have that name in the title".

Last edited:
Can't give an actual review seeing I do not have the game. Looks to be another unfinished game as GT6 was upon its release. I will patiently wait to see what DLC is added, then buy my copy in 2018 for $19.99

IMO it really sucks seeing stuff like this because people aren't giving this game a chance to stand on it's own merits, instead it's being weighed down by the expectations the rest of the games in the series built up.

I really thought that after 20 years of the same game with declining quality, people would welcome some sort of change much more than they are now.

IMO It's another case of "It would be a much better game if it didn't have than name in the title".
I'm not sure what this means. Most of the critiques ive read are related to the game as it sits and those critiques closely align with the concerns expressed for the last many months right here on GTP. Low car count with little variety, low track count with a predominance of fantasy tracks, muted FFB, a weak offline campaign etc.

IMO It's another case of "It would be a much better game if it didn't have that name in the title".
Disagree. It's absolutely embarrassing bad track list (17 tracks, only 6 real) alone is basically makes it at best a 8/10 game, as in if absolutely everything else was perfect (which it isn't) that would be the best possible score.

You do know that the game could be also a good title with some changes to the formula ala' what Forza Motorsport is doing, right? Instead of this throwing the baby out with the bathwater nonsense that is turning GT into a knock off iRacing on PS4 by a company with absolutely no knowledge of what a time table is?

An actual single player campaign, not even within the mold of GT3-4 and others, but something with a lot more effort then license tests on steroids would help.

Reviews are done by biased bloggers who don't understand progress. This is the biggest, most technological racing game ever created. Exactly right... non-GT laymen don't get it.

So people buy games depends on meta? Its not like everyone has its own tastes and like and dislikes.
Because its like things that they dont like and lowered score and not important to me at all.
Enjoying this GT best from all racing games so far

I honestly can't predict what will happen to the future of the franchise, but I do know some people are going to come into this thread and claim the reviews from large publications are not trustworthy because they do not understand the idea behind Gran Turismo Sport. :rolleyes:

The reviews are discredited because they don't even know how to play a car game.

Worst reviewed GT ever.

Least content in a GT game ever.

Likely will be worst selling unless PS4 magic overcomes the mediocrity of the game.

Future is hopefully Kaz being forced out and all his incompetence eradicated. Also small teams in Europe and NA as PD's phobia to the outside world and their likes and opinions is quite disgusting.

The reviews are discredited because they don't even know how to play a car game.

Well, considering PD has been running with the "7-77" line I really don't see how that is a fair criticism. Any game trying to appeal to that wide of an age range should be easily playable and enjoyable for people of any skill level, including people that have never driven in their lives.

Back