GTSport Beta Steering Wheel Experience?

• Thread starter Adrenaline
  • 226 comments
United States
California
PumpinNumbies
For those of you lucky enough to be playing the game right now, I'd love to hear your experiences with your model of steering wheel and how everything feels relative to previous games you've played. I had the DFGT for GT5, and upgraded to the Thrustmaster T300 RS for Project Cars. While I haven't been thrilled with the performance, or more importantly, the consistency, I'm just wondering what people have been using with GTSport so far, and what knowledge you can share, as to what to expect, good or bad for as many wheels as we can compile.

Thanks!

I'm using the T300 and I get a pretty bad deadzone if it's not set to max FFB. The detail coming through the feedback is not as detailed as some other sims but still an improvement over GT6.

I'm using the T300 and I get a pretty bad deadzone if it's not set to max FFB. The detail coming through the feedback is not as detailed as some other sims but still an improvement over GT6.

I am with you on all these points - I would add that it's WAY better than GT6, but pales in comparison to PCars and AC.

I used a Driving Force GT for GT6 and am using a G29 for GTS. Feels a bit more realistic to me. Could be mostly due to the differences in the wheels. I will have to play GT6 with the G29 to know for sure. However, after playing the beta, it will be hard to go back. ;-)

Can you tell me if the FFB is strong with the G29 in GTS? I played GTS at an event with the T300 and the FFB (not really the FFB but rather the wheel resistence, the force you need to turn the wheel) was very very light (At least with the MX-5) compared to my experience with the G25 in GT6.

Last edited:
Out of interest what manual degree rotation are you T300RS users using? (Mode button-Red flashes) would this make a difference to the centre wheel FFB? Like it has on other games for me?

I've not read it anywhere but have we had any confirmation that the T500RS works with GT Sport?

Only this screen on the Beta/demo (top right) showing you can adjust its settings, I am not sure I have read anyone testing one yet though 👍

2017-03-28_124304.jpg

Out of interest what manual degree rotation are you T300RS users using? (Mode button-Red flashes) would this make a difference to the centre wheel FFB? Like it has on other games for me?
I tried all different flash counts and none seemed to have any effect on the wheel rotation in in-car view, or on the steering itself.

The FFB feels pretty solid so far. However, the game seems to think my Thrustmaster T3PA pedal set's clutch is actually my gas pedal, so there's that. I've heard of left foot braking (in fact, that's my preferred method of braking), but left foot throttle? XD

The FFB feels pretty solid so far. However, the game seems to think my Thrustmaster T3PA pedal set's clutch is actually my gas pedal, so there's that. I've heard of left foot braking (in fact, that's my preferred method of braking), but left foot throttle? XD
If you're using a T300/T500 try pressing the Mode button on the wheel base, I use that to swap mine to left foot throttle.

Using G29 with clutch and h-pattern shifter. Noticed a bug (driving Hyundia Genesis street car) when I try to shift in to 3rd gear it goes into 4th on the game. Then try 5th and 6th and still shows 4th. 1st and 2nd gear were fine. Shifter works fine with Assetto Corsa

Using G29 with clutch and h-pattern shifter. Noticed a bug (driving Hyundia Genesis street car) when I try to shift in to 3rd gear it goes into 4th on the game. Then try 5th and 6th and still shows 4th. 1st and 2nd gear were fine. Shifter works fine with Assetto Corsa
Maybe its only a 4 speed tranny :lol:
Seriously Sounds like definite bug to report though,

This is my first time playing Gran Turismo w/ a wheel, & I'm loving it! I can't see myself returning to a controller. I'm even drifting with it! I even won my fist daily match on the Japanese highway track using it (got my beta code yesterday). Loving this game! I also had practice playing Dirt Rally & DriveClub.

Oh, & it's the Logitech G29. My only quam is the positioning of the PS, Share, & Option buttons.

I'm currently playing GT Sport with a T500RS, and it's working beautifully. What's not working is the TH8RS shifter, but I suspect that this expected, and it will work with the retail version

So you're happy with the physics using the T500? Do the cars have a nice weight to them?

to be honest, I don't know. I have only raced karts IRL, so I'm not much of a driver, but what I can tell is that the cars seem to be more tame, even with all assists off. When playing iRacing or Project CARS, I constantly spin around. With GT Sport I seem to be able to keep my car on track for much, much longer. But the T500RS responds perfectly, with detailed FFB and stuff. Also, it seems we have Dynamic Wheel Angles now, I'll check more into that later today.

The only car I have that doesn't have paddle shifters is the Renault Megane, but for some reason I can't get the shifter on my G29 to work. I've double check the connections and still nothing. Works fine with Dirt Rally and Drive Club though. Assuming its just a beta issue.

The only car I have that doesn't have paddle shifters is the Renault Megane, but for some reason I can't get the shifter on my G29 to work. I've double check the connections and still nothing. Works fine with Dirt Rally and Drive Club though. Assuming its just a beta issue.

Troubling report about G29's not working with H-Shifter. Hope people post updates on their experiences.

Are the guys using the shifter on the G27 or the G29 shifter?

Back