GTSport Beta Steering Wheel Experience?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Adrenaline, Mar 27, 2017.

1. rui10

rui10

Hi, what changes makes the option " speed-sensitive steering "?

Ps I was waiting a good deal for the T150, as I write before I never used a wheel always pad,
    now some user experiences make me doubt about buyng one!

I don't want to go fast with a whell, but using it hasn't to be an handicap!

2. Outspacer

Outspacer

I described it a while back here, and there was some discussion following that post. Basically, speed-sensitive means that at higher speed, the wheel needs to be turned more (to get the same angle on the front wheels).

I think they will add more options for the wheel behaviour in the release version. Then, hopefully, it will be good to use a wheel.

3. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Overall a wheel is not a handicap, and certainly adds an additional layer of immersion to racing titles.

Its simply that some use it better than others. GTS has not been the best, but you need to keep in mind that from the Beta, not the final thing. However in titles like Assetto Corsa a wheel makes a massive difference, and is certainly not a handicap.

4. rui10

rui10

Thank you both for the expanations.

I'm not sure the speed steering sensivity will be fixed, i think this kind of options are important to test in the beta, and if it's not present maybe
    for the developers is not a problem, for sure this lack of personalization it's not good, we'll see :rolleyes:

5. nickg07

nickg07

The handicap is 1080 degrees of rotation...Simply not needed and a slowdown as lock to lock is too many rotations away.

6. Retiree

Retiree

How many of you guys have hooked your T300 up to your PC and downloaded the firmware updates, works a treat.

7. GordonS

GordonS

Please, tell us more. Link?

8. Retiree

Retiree

If I remember, I did it when I bought the wheel, think I just hooked it up with the usb cord that goes to the ps3 or 4 found it on the computer and went from there. But this update is a new one, I hooked it up went to Thrustmaster in the start menu and it had firmware update in the list, had to hit it a couple of times but that was probably my pc, it will bring up the update. I can't remember off hand the name of it but it had the number 24 in it. Download that and the deadzone will be nearly gone and it also firms up the wheel. best of luck.:tup:

9. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

^^With the TM wheels it's important to keep the firmware up to date and to use your pc to ensure that FFB is set to 100 within the wheel's own software. If it is set lower that's the maximum feedback you'll get from the wheel. Best to adjust it up or down in the game's own menu's and leave it at 100 within the wheel.

zzz_pt and JulesDennis like this.
  10. rui10

rui10

So the settings are applied both on pc and PS4?

I believed the configuration with pc worked was applied only on pc, it save the options you choose inside a memory on the wheel?

11. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

The wheel has it's own firmware, yes. Whatever settings you apply to the wheel generally will be saved and can then be modified by each game's software. At least that's how I understand it works, I just got the wheel myself. Others with more experience might disagree.

12. Jorge Garcia

Jorge Garcia

Wait so will Logitechs g29 steering wheel be compatible with gran turismo sport?

13. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Yes.

14. rui10

rui10

Hi, someone with the T150 can tell me how it works with the new demo?
    In particular, if the FF is set to 1 both on force and sensitive, it still autocenter, it is so light you can turn with one hand?

You make me a big favour, I suffer cronical pain and I can't use a dualshock, no problem with driving but the steer must be very soft like hydroguide.

Thak you hope we'll see soon on Gt lobbyes :cheers:

15. xetiro

xetiro

Anybody knows if there is a way to turn off the G29 FFB on PS4/GTS? I would like to turn it off so I can play at night without doing too much noise...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  16. Almandino

Almandino

@xetiro

Try out how the wheel works without the power cable plugged in! This should disable the ffb mechanically.

Anyone know: can you remap the shift pattern of the G29 shifter in the settings of gt sport?

17. xetiro

xetiro

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried but with the wheel unplugged everything works except the wheel itself. I think that worked with G27 on PS3, but doesn't work with G29 on PS4.

Anyway, this will not be a big issue for me. I was just wondering if there was a way to turn it off, but it seems not. I just think this wheels should have a switch to activate/deactivate the FFB at hardware level but...