GTSport Beta Steering Wheel Experience?

• Thread starter Adrenaline
  • 226 comments
Question for any G29'ers on the board: I'm really struggling with the rubbery, vague wheel response in GTS. It's not just FFB- the wheel just seems to have other ideas- it's more like driving a boat than a car. Wheel is relatively new, and works fine in other games.
Try this: controller sensitivity 7, FFB torque 6, FFB sensitivity 10
That first 7 kills your boat feeling, rest just makes it more enjoyable. :)

Edit: read this and be amazed of your level of FFB feedback.

Last edited:
Does controller sensitivity work the same way in GT6? I think I have misunderstood as to how it affects steering wheels. I would set it lower for higher sensitivity and mostly use 7 if I'm using a normal road car.

Ok, this seemed to work- quickly got into the 1:45's at Dragon, and good for a podium in my last race. (McLaren 650...) Thanks! (Running no assists- with this change I was able to cut off TCS...) Going to go try the Ring in the Genesis Coupe.

Does controller sensitivity work the same way in GT6? I think I have misunderstood as to how it affects steering wheels. I would set it lower for higher sensitivity and mostly use 7 if I'm using a normal road car.
Low values are giving delay to your steering input, high less, 7 = zero delay. Low numbers give feeling like your inputs are delivered thru rubber band to game. So yes it effects on steering wheels.

Controller sensitivity? Never thought it. I thought that was ony for pad users. Gotta test it out!

The only car I have that doesn't have paddle shifters is the Renault Megane, but for some reason I can't get the shifter on my G29 to work. I've double check the connections and still nothing. Works fine with Dirt Rally and Drive Club though. Assuming its just a beta issue.

I would like this to. In my playseat, using the brake pedel gives me cramps in my foot. The clutch pedel is more confortable to drive with. So hopefully someone has a solution for this?

I would like this to. In my playseat, using the brake pedel gives me cramps in my foot. The clutch pedel is more confortable to drive with. So hopefully someone has a solution for this?
There's holes bit further left on pedal mounting plate, move pedals there and throttle and brake are even on both sides of stand center pole.

Using T300GTE, FFB was awful first couple of days but is stronger now. Definitely better than GT6 - which I'm still playing - not as good as pCARS/AC on PS4 which in turn are not as good as their respective PC versions due to depth of settings. Would like to see improved wheel cfg in final version but get the impression they won't be making it more complex, car settings screen is simpler than GT6.

I have a T300RS and am hugely disappointed with the FFB in GT Sport. It is greatly lacking in life and I don't have any confidence in the car. For the last 4 days I have changed back to my Dualshock.

GT Sport is my least hyped game in the series and after playing the Beta I am really not sure whether I will purchase it. Assetto Corsa and PCars2 will bring my racing fix for the foreseeable future.
Should I buy GT Sport I can see the Livery Editor and Photo Mode being the areas I spend most time.

Hey there, wasn´t around here since GT5, now the Hypetraine hit me, but still sceptical...
I´m using a Fanatec gt3 v2. Now my question is if I can use it for GT Sport? Works fine with PCars on the PS4.

Thanks

Hey there, wasn´t around here since GT5, now the Hypetraine hit me, but still sceptical...
I´m using a Fanatec gt3 v2. Now my question is if I can use it for GT Sport? Works fine with PCars on the PS4.

Thanks

I am not an experienced 'Youtuber' but i have made a little video about using the Logitech G27 with a Cronusmax and Gran Turismo Sport. In the video I talk about my impressions and more importantly show how the Cronusmax is setup.

This device also works with many other wheels, including Fanatec wheels. I also own own a Fanatec CSR Elite and I plan on making a seperate video about that wheel and the cronusmax. The setup however is very similar to that of the G27, so I recommend you watch the video to get an idea of how these things work and what you need to do to get it setup.

There's also the GIMX, but I haven't been able to test that solution yet. From what I hear from others it works fine as well.

I am not an experienced 'Youtuber' but i have made a little video about using the Logitech G27 with a Cronusmax and Gran Turismo Sport. In the video I talk about my impressions and more importantly show how the Cronusmax is setup.

This device also works with many other wheels, including Fanatec wheels. I also own own a Fanatec CSR Elite and I plan on making a seperate video about that wheel and the cronusmax. The setup however is very similar to that of the G27, so I recommend you watch the video to get an idea of how these things work and what you need to do to get it setup.

There's also the GIMX, but I haven't been able to test that solution yet. From what I hear from others it works fine as well.

Thanks 👍

Considering of using this as I have a secondary controller. Cost of Parts together for me may be a fraction from buying a new wheel. :)

Good video. Might even deserve a thread all of it's own so it doesn't get buried in this one but you'd have to ask a mod about that. Important stuff for those with legacy Logitech gear.

Not sure anyone's still watching this thread, but post 1.05, I really struggled. Last night I changed the steering sensitivity to -2 out of sheer frustration, and was pleasantly surprised. (Like, 15 seconds off my Ring time pleasantly surprised...)(G29...)

I have a T300RS and am hugely disappointed with the FFB in GT Sport. It is greatly lacking in life and I don't have any confidence in the car. For the last 4 days I have changed back to my Dualshock.

GT Sport is my least hyped game in the series and after playing the Beta I am really not sure whether I will purchase it. Assetto Corsa and PCars2 will bring my racing fix for the foreseeable future.
Should I buy GT Sport I can see the Livery Editor and Photo Mode being the areas I spend most time.
i use the same wheel; T300RS! i was driving with the DS4 a lot the last couple of weeks as i mainly wanted to get the daily car. when i'm in the mood for some good driving i use the rig with t300rs. and yes, the ffb leaves a lot to be desired! its not that there isnt any ffb at all, but its kinda lifeless (minimal) when i compare it to other titles on ps4.
i hope for some improvement in that regard and some more options to fine-tune the wheel settings in the retail version. stuff like paddle sensitivity, wheel sensitivity, swaping paddles and such...
Edit: AND the h shifter of course! But only @BrainsBush 's ;)

Last edited:
i use the same wheel; T300RS! i was driving with the DS4 a lot the last couple of weeks as i mainly wanted to get the daily car. when i'm in the mood for some good driving i use the rig with t300rs. and yes, the ffb leaves a lot to be desired! its not that there isnt any ffb at all, but its kinda lifeless (minimal) when i compare it to other titles on ps4.
i hope for some improvement in that regard and some more options to fine-tune the wheel settings in the retail version. stuff like paddle sensitivity, wheel sensitivity, swaping paddles and such...

And the H-shifter (TH8A)

I think the FFB is better in road cars but I need further testing.

Currently setting both settings to 10 but yeah the FFB is a real shame. It's not that it's not strong, it's the missing detail.

Not sure anyone's still watching this thread, but post 1.05, I really struggled. Last night I changed the steering sensitivity to -2 out of sheer frustration, and was pleasantly surprised. (Like, 15 seconds off my Ring time pleasantly surprised...)(G29...)
Thanks a lot for this hint, the G29 works much smoother now 👍

I'm using a Logitech G29 with GTS. For some reason the clutch and external gear shifter aren't working. I'm assuming because it is still in beta. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm using a Logitech G29 with GTS. For some reason the clutch and external gear shifter aren't working. I'm assuming because it is still in beta. Anyone else having this issue?
I have experienced this after 1.05
Shifting up or down sometime fail.
A little amount of brake +- 1/4 of the bar with the foot off the pedal.
Accel not 100% with my foot down 100% onthe pedal.

PD have to install the option to calibrate wheel and pedals in the final game.

I have experienced this after 1.05
Shifting up or down sometime fail.
A little amount of brake +- 1/4 of the bar with the foot off the pedal.
Accel not 100% with my foot down 100% onthe pedal.

PD have to install the option to calibrate wheel and pedals in the final game.

So yours actually worked at a point in time? Mine never has.

I think the FFB is better in road cars but I need further testing.

Currently setting both settings to 10 but yeah the FFB is a real shame. It's not that it's not strong, it's the missing detail.
Could you try the strength at 8 and the sensitivity at 2? And then adjust around those settings if it doesn't feel right to you. It could do the world of difference OR not at all. The sensitivity set to a high number doesn't seem to have the effect people expect.

Last edited:
Could you try the strength at 8 and the sensitivity at 2? And then adjust around those settings if it doesn't feel right to you. It could do the world of difference not at all. The sensitivity set to a high number doesn't seem to have the effect people expect.

Interesting, I'll try and report back.

The shifter only works in cars that have an h shifter. Most cars in gt sport have paddles and so you cant use the h hifter on them.
Also when you change the gearbox on the road cars the get a sequential shifter which means it wont work too. Try a subaru wrx or the genesis with the stock gearbox, there you can use the shifter,

So I haven't yet been able to play GTSport Beta because Australia isn't able to participate yet, but I had a question. Can the Logitech G29 buttons be re-assigned in the beta? I ask because I have recently done a Handbrake mod on my G29 in preparation for GTSport using the R3 button on the wheel.

Shameless self plug, by no means a good YouTuber yet, but here is the video of how I did the wiring if anyone is interested:

Last edited:
So I haven't yet been able to play GTSport Beta because Australia isn't able to participate yet, but I had a question. Can the Logitech G29 buttons be re-assigned in the beta? I ask because I have recently done a Handbrake mod on my G29 in preparation for GTSport using the R3 button on the wheel.

Shameless self plug, by no means a good YouTuber yet, but here is the video of how I did the wiring if anyone is interested:

Yes you can re assign buttons in the beta.

Also a question for you, krishy_123

Do you happen to know if the other buttons besides the L and R buttons are pressure sensitive on the G29? If they are wouldn't it make more sense to use one of those instead of R3 for hand brake sensitivity?

Played for about an hour with my wheel this time.

T300 w/599X rim
T3PA-Pro pedals

I didn't bother using my T8HA shifter, especially since none of my cars are stick shift.

I didn't have any problems with FFB. Seemed decent enough. You can go into the Driver Options before a session and turn up the FFB strength and sensitivity settings if it's feeling a bit weak to you. Then again, I dont crank my FFB strength up super high on PC, either. Overall detail isn't as good as some of the best, but it's respectable and a lot better than Project Cars out-the-box, at least.

My first run was about 12 laps with the Evora at Dragons Trail. I had a lot of problems with this. I could only get about 2.5 seconds from my controller time. Cant wrap my head around ideal braking practices, but my biggest problem was not being able to control the car going from about 30 to 45 degrees steering angle. Put me into a slide pretty much every time. And I just couldn't understand why. At least not at first...

Then I went and did about 12 laps with the Merc GT3 on Brands Hatch. I fared much better here. Unlike with a controller, I felt I could achieve some consistency and wasn't over a second off my optimal lap time. But I was still slower overall than my best controller lap. Only by about 0.6 this time, though. Everything felt *mostly* ok, but I was still struggling with the braking and steering some. And I noticed something here. During the slow hairpin after the 1st corner, holding a constant steering angle, my turning radius was growing as speed scrubbed off. Quite the opposite of what should happen.

And this is where I became fairly sure that GT Sport is using some sort of speed sensitivity setting, and it's obviously not changeable as apart from the two FFB setting and rebinding the buttons, there's no wheel settings at all. This is really messing me up and probably why I couldn't control the Evora as I cranked the wheel up to around 45 degrees. The steering ratio picked up quickly, making it too difficult to approach the limit without overstepping things. I noticed it on some other corners as well. After the hairpin on Brands Hatch I was talking about, you have that tricky downhill left-hander. Normally you kind of roll through that corner and then try and pick up the throttle as soon as you can, running a tad wide over the curbs usually being fine or even desirable. But I found that as I rolled through the corner and my speed scrubbed off, the more the car was understeering. And by the time I would usually want to get onto the power, doing so would send me *too* wide. Meaning I had to hold off getting on the throttle til I could get the car pointed better and since I was having to dial in a bit more angle as the corner went on, I had to be very careful with the throttle when I did get on it.

Anybody else notice this or have any issues with it? If I'm wrong about it, there's definitely something else funky going on with the steering. And it's really holding me back.

I have noticed this too with various cars in some situations, its very annoying because it is quite the opposite of what should happen like you say. Makes driving more difficult at times for sure. Thanks for posting your wheel vs controller findings.

Seems strange to me that more people aren't commenting on this. I thought I'd try with my (T300) wheel again, after getting on fine with DS4. I tested with the TTS at the 'ring. I rather wish I hadn't bothered!

It took a few laps to crack the code, but essentially if you would've used the full DS travel then turn the wheel about 90 degrees, and for medium stick travel turn about 45 degs. Any turn that requires less input is a bit of a crap shoot - with very minor bends seeming to need more wheel input than expected. Obviously this 90/45 deg tactic only works if you're going at about the right speed.

It was a huge mental challenge to have half my brain pretend it was using a DS4, and then translate that to wheel movements, but by doing that I did get close to my DS4 checkpoint times (until some bend that looked 'minor' turned out to need 45 degrees turn).

If turning the wheel doesn't have a linear relationship with the angle of the front wheels, what on earth is the point of using a wheel?!

Back