GTSport Lost All Cars

Woke up this morning and My garage is almost completely empty,Only a Gr1 Peugeot ,Toyota FT1 and some Grb car? I Had almost 70 Gr3 cars? Never did any glitches just played everyday since release? Will my cars come back? I'm Panicking at this point ?

An update for you all.

After much arm twisting this issue has been resolved. They agreed to give me 2.5million credits in compensation, which were added instantly to my profile. As you all know, you can't buy tonnes of cars with that, but it all helps, and I'm buying a couple of cars a day now. I'm therefore satisfied the issue has now been dealt with.

@Gt_Sci now you mention it, I believe this may have happened to me - the black screen you mention with no loading progress may have caused this, but as you say, what else do you do in this scenario other than quit the game? Never mind...

Nice one buddy on getting this sorted, so seems there isn't anything they can do to return the cars. Im more annoyed that I lost all the cars from the driving school but at least they sort of compensated you even if it was only 2.5 million, still won't make up for what we've lost..

Are people corrupting their data by turning the game off while it's saving?

Mine had fully saved before I closed the game down and turned off the console, so doesn't seem to be how it's happening.

Woke up this morning and My garage is almost completely empty,Only a Gr1 Peugeot ,Toyota FT1 and some Grb car? I Had almost 70 Gr3 cars? Never did any glitches just played everyday since release? Will my cars come back? I'm Panicking at this point ?

Can't honestly say if they'll come back or not, in my case the answer is no, had to start from scratch and you can't re-earn the driving school challenge reward cars again unless you delete all data.

Did anything strange happen when you booted up the game today? As in did it load ok right through to the menu? I've come across a few people who have booted up GTsport and got to the main menu and the background pictures wouldn't load, couldnt select anything basically just a black screen with all the menu tabs, couldn' select anything so no other option but to close the game and reload again. Exited the application and reloaded to an empty garage, so if this is what happened to you I'm afraid it's bad news, unless you have a back-up of your save with all your cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to here about your cars, I don't think you can get your cars back because members that had cars that go missing, I have not heard of them to get their cars to come back. This is where you need to always backup your save to an online storage or on a USB.

Last edited:
Can't honestly say if they'll come back or not, in my case the answer is no, had to start from scratch and you can't re-earn the driving school challenge reward cars again unless you delete all data.

Did anything strange happen when you booted up the game today? As in did it load ok right through to the menu? I've come across a few people who have booted up GTsport and got to the main menu and the background pictures wouldn't load, couldnt select anything basically just a black screen with all the menu tabs, couldn' select anything so no other option but to close the game and reload again. Exited the application and reloaded to an empty garage, so if this is what happened to you I'm afraid it's bad news, unless you have a back-up of your save with all your cars.
I Honestly didn't notice as my normally i just turn on the ps4 hit the game and walk away getting ready for work then come back and see what the daily's are?

I Honestly didn't notice as my normally i just turn on the ps4 hit the game and walk away getting ready for work then come back and see what the daily's are?

The black screen would have stayed on indefinitely forcing you to have to restart the game, if you didnt have to restart the game then this might be something different from what we have experienced

Ment to add to that, yes your liveries are still there even if you didnt share them, only downside is you are unable to edit them any further, tried to edit one of my porsche liveries last night and you are unable to select ones that you have previously started.
Hey go back and check this again as maybe this has been fixed? I Was able to apply one of the Livery's i created to My Toyota Ft1 ( One of the 3 cars i now own since my massive garage heist),and made sure i could add a decal and saved it just like normal? It worked so hopefully it will work for you/

I Deleted and re uploaded the game on my lunch break, still no Cars, Reading through here i do have PS+ so will give that a try when i get home and update the post.

A quick update for you,

I've been in touch with PS Network Support and I should have a resolution next week, although nothing else has changed yet from their position.

In the meantime, over the past 24 hours, given the 1.11 patch got me motivated to play again for the first time in nearly 3 weeks, I've discovered what a godsend the KTM X Bow is. You can win the Premium Sports Lounge Oval race easily in N400 spec with RSS tyres, and you'll therefore get back on your feet buying cars pretty quickly if it does happen to you. Even if you fancy a change of scenery, you can earn 225,000Cr in a custom race as it can beat all Gr.3 cars too! No glitches, no cheating! Therefore somewhat happier this week! Oh, and I'm backing up my data now...

I can also confirm all liveries are kept, even if you didn't share them!
How can you actually get in touch with someone to help with all my lost garage cars? So far I Talked with a guy at PS said i had to contact the developer? Contact polyphony they send me to the PS Support page all i see are general suggestions,Nothing related to my Problem?Had no luck actually talking with someone just bouncing around useless web sites? Arg.

I Deleted and re uploaded the game on my lunch break, still no Cars, Reading through here i do have PS+ so will give that a try when i get home and update the post.
No Cars Sad.

No Cars Sad.

That sucks buddy, you literally have 2 choices now.

1 - Go through all the hassle of emailing back and forth and get the same outcome that GTFay got

Or

2 - start from scratch and hope this doesn't happen again.

I started from scratch again and I'm nearly back up to 100 cars now and praying this doesn't happen again. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful

That sucks buddy, you literally have 2 choices now.

1 - Go through all the hassle of emailing back and forth and get the same outcome that GTFay got

Or

2 - start from scratch and hope this doesn't happen again.

I started from scratch again and I'm nearly back up to 100 cars now and praying this doesn't happen again. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful
Thank you, yea I'm already back up to about 10 or so cars this morning so looks like I'm just going to have to Grind it back out,Luckily all the Livery's i spent so much time on are still there although i'm unable to edit them any more.

Thank you, yea I'm already back up to about 10 or so cars this morning so looks like I'm just going to have to Grind it back out,Luckily all the Livery's i spent so much time on are still there although i'm unable to edit them any more.

No problem buddy. Don't forget, you won't be able to re-earn all the cars you got as rewards for doing the driving challenges. That's a complete delete of all save data, so if you are going to go this route make sure you have a backup of your save data before you even think about deleting anything.
Yeah not being able to edit old liveries is the major downside as I had a few TRON inspired Porsche RSR's and not to mention my Forza livery for the RSR as well..... actually come to think of it most of my liveries were for the Porsche lol

Nope they are gone forever.. I had 180 cars or all the cars at that moment.. Now i just backup my save file everytime

Nope they are gone forever.. I had 180 cars or all the cars at that moment.. Now i just backup my save file everytime
Hey Da? what would you recommend backing up on as I'm not Great with that kind of stuff although i have friends who could help me as long as i had an idea how to it,(I Know and have hit the manual Save button on my home menu many times in the past?Is that where i Start?)

Hey Da? what would you recommend backing up on as I'm not Great with that kind of stuff although i have friends who could help me as long as i had an idea how to it,(I Know and have hit the manual Save button on my home menu many times in the past?Is that where i Start?)
When you stop playing, save the game then quit the game. Then when your in your home screen of PlayStation go to the gt sport game en press start, then you get options menu with download or upload to ps cloud, press it and select the first file its around 39mb upload that to ps cloud. Now you have 2 files. If you start playing again you dont need to download it again. Just do this everyday and just overwrite the old file in the cloud thats it. :)

When you stop playing, save the game then quit the game. Then when your in your home screen of PlayStation go to the gt sport game en press start, then you get options menu with download or upload to ps cloud, press it and select the first file its around 39mb upload that to ps cloud. Now you have 2 files. If you start playing again you dont need to download it again. Just do this everyday and just overwrite the old file in the cloud thats it. :)
Thanks so Much DA!,I Definitely understand what your talking about so from now on i will do this when i'm through playing Everytime,Thanks again

Thanks so Much DA!,I Definitely understand what your talking about so from now on i will do this when i'm through playing Everytime,Thanks again
No problem :) i try my best to explain it lol. So if you ever have a problem like lost all cars haha then you just download the file from the cloud :)

When people are saying to back up the save data, does that mean backing up to the Cloud save? Isn't the master save stored on their servers though? What would backing up a local save really get you if the save on the server gets corrupted?

Hey @KenboZX10r , what @Da_dietn is saying is wrong, don't press on GTS icon on, instead just press on the options button on your DS4 or wheel when you are at the GTS icon.

Last edited:
Thats what im saying.. When on gt sport icon in PlayStation home, press start and there you have the options to upload or download
When you are on that GTS icon, you press on options on your DS4 or wheel and not start because you start the game, why do you press on start for I never do that because I start the game if I do that.

When you are on that GTS icon, you press on options on your DS4 or wheel and not start because you start the game, why do you press on start for I never do that because I start the game if I do that.
Start button is option, or option button is start. And X button is to start the game.

Start button is option, or option button is start. And X button is to start the game.
In your post you should not have mentioned press on start at all, and why on earth you want to do that for, all you need to do is say this to him is this. Go to PS4 main menu, select GT sport but don't start the game then press the Options button and the menu will pop up, then select Upload/Download Saved Data.

Last edited:
Thanks guys i did understand but one more question? At the upload all screen the Next screen ask do you want to overwrite this saved data witch I've been answering yes,But the option box above that that ask to "Apply to All" I've just been checking it .Is this correct?

Thanks guys i did understand but one more question? At the upload all screen the Next screen ask do you want to overwrite this saved data witch I've been answering yes,But the option box above that that ask to "Apply to All" I've just been checking it .Is this correct?
I didnt checking it. Think its for if you have more then 1 file on cloud so he will overwrite them all.. Doesnt really matter if you just have 1 file

I logged in last night around 2330 and looked over some scapes and liveries.
I logged in today to find my garage empty. I had all the Mileage points cars, pre-order and deluxe cars and three cars from the beta. All gone today. I checked my online storage and there is a save from December 17, but all my liveries I spent days on in-game are gone also. I don't share all my liveries and some I hadn't completed. I nearly deleted the game, still considering it. I have a million credits to buy those in Brand Central. All my scapes and livery are shown in My Library but when I go to edit livery it says no Livery found. Under My Menu everything is correct and displays all data up to date. Just very disheartening as I love GT for the cars I can collect and now the livery I can create. I do enjoy the realistic driving for the challenge also. I hope more people start backing up their GT data daily as I didn't expect this from an online server storage game. Realistic GT really should save locally and then upload to online servers. incase online is unavailable or this happens.

I logged in today to find my garage empty. I had all the Mileage points cars, pre-order and deluxe cars and three cars from the beta. All gone today. I checked my online storage and there is a save from December 17, but all my liveries I spent days on in-game are gone also. I don't share all my liveries and some I hadn't completed. I nearly deleted the game, still considering it. I have a million credits to buy those in Brand Central. All my scapes and livery are shown in My Library but when I go to edit livery it says no Livery found. Under My Menu everything is correct and displays all data up to date. Just very disheartening as I love GT for the cars I can collect and now the livery I can create. I do enjoy the realistic driving for the challenge also. I hope more people start backing up their GT data daily as I didn't expect this from an online server storage game. Realistic GT really should save locally and then upload to online servers. incase online is unavailable or this happens.

Sadly this has happened to a few people, me included....

No cars ever reappeared, and all the milege cars from day 1 gone, license cars gone for good... unless you start from scratch with a new save. GTFay got a result from emailing them about it.

But....
seems there isn't anything they can do from their end.

Sorry it's not good news bud.

Try your old save from the cloud and see what happens, if you can also back-up your Gts save that's on your ps4 hard drive to a pen drive or something, just so you have that save aswell incase the cloud save doesn't help

Unfortunately reporting my experience with this issue was Never resolved or even acknowledged by polyphony as an issue at All? Was on the PS Support with a rep over an hour trying everything under the sun to no avail re retrieving all the lost cars,(Well OVER 200 AT LEAST),I've played the game everyday 3/4 hours min since launch,more on weekends? All saved replays,Scapes etc gone.The only thing i still have are all my Livery's that i spent so long creating but i can no longer edit them.Found it impossible to get any support from polyphony? The one time i got any response at All they sent me back to PS Support and the final conclusion was a direction to the PS Support forum Group to share my feelings with the other Grieving victims of This Nightmare? (Some people have had it happen Twice?)

The Best thing I've come up with is a tip from youtube,Doing the Bluemoon premium race (campaigne mode) in the X Bo pays 250k to easily Win,350k if you can do it cleanly,It's a grind Not a glitch but only 15lap race,~47/48sec laps so replacing cars pretty quickly.

Back