GTSport Lost All Cars

Y'think this has anything to do with the officially-acknowledged issue of the game freezing on startup? Also, how spooked should I be here?

Last edited:
I had some minor questions that I think would fit here. Think of them as being amateur troubleshooting:

-In the official report that acknowledges the game freezing at start-up, is this referring to the same issue where if I go into the garage soon after starting up, the game crashes?

-For those of you claiming to have issues with the "King of the Ovals" trophy, how are you tracking your progress with this in general? Are you potentially making sure to discount the infield courses for the two ovals? Does Blue Moon Bay count towards this trophy despite not technically being an oval, and what about Broad Bean? One user said that it didn't pop after getting the required distance exclusively on Blue Moon Bay within GT League - could it be limited to Arcade Mode/Sport Mode? (Also, does "Welcome to the Nurburgring" only pop after a lap on the Nordschleife, or can it be one of the other longer configurations that includes it, like the Tourist Layout or the 24h one? I'm pretty sure it's just the Nordschliefe as-is, but I wanna be sure.)

-For those of you saying you've lost cars/progress after a weird freeze at start-up, I'm thinking you may've turned off your PS4/closed GT Sport while it was saving, which it does seem to do somewhat often. Turning things off/quitting in the middle of any game saving sounds like it'd result in what you're describing. (I.e. lost data, progress, etc.) To be absolutely sure, does this happen with anyone who manually saves before quitting the application? FWIW, I don't think GT Sport has an option to turn off auto-saves like most other games, so that could be contributing to these cases.

My corrupted data problem was not cos of me turning off the PS4 while saving. I always wait a bit after saving , then I close application then I power down the PS4, then I usually save my data to psn or usb or both if I have time and I alternate between 2 usb sticks.

My corrupted data problem was not cos of me turning off the PS4 while saving.

To be absolutely sure, are you sure that you didn't potentially turn off the PS4/close GT Sport while it was auto-saving? Not manually saving like in that sidebar on the left, auto-saving. I really think that could've been it, because closing any game during that sorta thing would be most likely to blame for losing progress/data, or having corrupted data.

To be absolutely sure, are you sure that you didn't potentially turn off the PS4/close GT Sport while it was auto-saving? Not manually saving like in that sidebar on the left, auto-saving. I really think that could've been it, because closing any game during that sorta thing would be most likely to blame for losing progress/data, or having corrupted data.
I do think that is why a handful of members on here are getting a corrupt data, and even losing car and stuff, because they are closing GT Sport while auto-saving is flashing.

Is it though? You see the "online save" message in the bottom right. Once that is gone I normally hit the PS button and end the app.

Then do your save to usb, then turn off.

Yes I’m absolutely sure 100% that I don’t shut anything down while it’s saving manually or auto saving , I learnt that years ago back in the day of having a ZX81 micro with a iffy power connection.

I just get the same issue after +200 hours or so ... the game just crash at launch .. then everything was missing , cars i owned , livery , things i shared etc... juste the major stats stay in place and the " DLC " cars like the bmw & mercedes safety cars .
I'm pissed , and even more if i remember well that same thing happen to me back to GT3 and PSP episode ... :banghead: 👎

The more I've read these threads the more I've become concerned. I have both my primary and secondary accounts backed up to USB, but I just found out last night that I cannot do a manual online save with my secondary account from the PSN top screen: the system won't let me until join PSN with that account. I can still save from inside the game, but that being the only way just seems so "Playstation-ish".

This happened to me Thursday night. I have been in contact with Sony also trying to recover the data. I had the manual save on and thought that was enough. But when I reopened and shutdown it saved over it.

I tried most of the steps mentioned here and have one other option to look deeper into saved data when I get back in front of my console. I am an A/S driver with over 300 cars. FIA cars were also missing and only had my 13 free DLC cars.

Doubt I am going to get it back. Will need to decide do I create another account and start all over since all the easy money and cars with challenges which I had 100% complete. I doubt I can do again on the original account.

I love GTS and the only game I really played this year but also may consider PC2 or some other racing game. However none have rating systems yet for better match making.

I personally would back up whatever existing GTS save data you have on your console to the cloud/usb and start from scratch so you can get all the cars for completing the the driving challenges. All your money, mileage and exp should be saved online so that part won't disappear. If that doesn't work, at least you have a back-up of your original save. If you chose to just continue with your original account you won't be able to earn the free cars from the driving challenges again. No matter what you do any livery's you were working on can no longer be edited (unless this has been fixed)...<- this part annoyed me the most.

It's a 50/50 situation, I went with just continuing on with my original account after losing nearly 200 cars and had to figure out all the setups again which takes a bit of time.

Back