GTSport Lost All Cars

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site so apologies if I've posted in the wrong place.

I loaded GTSport this morning and whilst my cash, mileage credits, progress and driver ratings were still present, my cars were not. I only have 3 remaining, the DLC gift cars as part of the special edition package.

I had probably around 150 cars yesterday and had created about 60 liveries, so I will NOT accept acquiring/creating them all again - the Jeff Koons BMW I did took about 5 hours!

What can I do to get them all back? I contacted GT via Twitter for comment, nothing so far.

Here is another member that has the same issue as you All my cars deleted??

Thanks, I see I've got two files shown on the upload to online storage information.

There's one from today that says "Game Progress Data"

Theres one from yesterday that says "This data contains all of your settings information"

I presume the second one is the one I need?

Thanks, I see I've got two files shown on the upload to online storage information.

There's one from today that says "Game Progress Data"

Theres one from yesterday that says "This data contains all of your settings information"

I presume the second one is the one I need?
You need to download the Game Progress Data from yesterday.

I don't have a game progress data save from yesterday, the only one I see is from today at 12.45
You only have your data contains all of your settings saved but not your game data, is that right.

Edit: I always save my Game Progress Data everyday, but not my Game progress settings unless I make changes to my settings.

Last edited:
Please see attached photo, this is what is shown on the online storage section.

I have not done anything with this data yet.

Attachments

• Photo 07-01-2018, 13 14 08.jpg
    Photo 07-01-2018, 13 14 08.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 370
Is your garage only showing a sub-field of cars. I had this a while ago where you can select to see only a certain range. Look top left when in your garage to see if your garage is showing all.

Please see attached photo, this is what is shown on the online storage section.

I have not done anything with this data yet.
"Upload" means "send from small storage space to large storage space" - or from PS4 to PS Plus. If you do that, you'll overwrite what's been backed up there with the new, bad save.

You want "Download". You want to retrieve the last save backed up to PS Plus, to overwrite your local, bad save with an older, good one.

"Upload" means "send from small storage space to large storage space" - or from PS4 to PS Plus. If you do that, you'll overwrite what's been backed up there with the new, bad save.

You want "Download". You want to retrieve the last save backed up to PS Plus, to overwrite your local, bad save with an older, good one.

There appears to be nothing shown in the download section? I can't understand why there is nothing there and why it hasn't done this automatically?

Is your garage only showing a sub-field of cars. I had this a while ago where you can select to see only a certain range. Look top left when in your garage to see if your garage is showing all.

I checked that it was just 3, the Audi R18, the Gr. B Peugeot RCZ and the Audi Quattro

Attachments

• Photo 07-01-2018, 13 57 54.jpg
    Photo 07-01-2018, 13 57 54.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 117
Last edited by a moderator:
That's the second person now. If this keeps happening, this is gonna get quite concerning. Anyways hope you get all your stuff back.

It doesn't, unless the PS4 has "Enable Automatic Uploads" selected.

This might be a problem, I did not have this feature enabled.

It's gonna happen with others though if they don't do this, could admin please ensure this is highlighted somewhere else on the website if possible! I'd hate it if this happened to others, we've all been through enough over Xmas with the login problems.

Having said that, it is completely unacceptable for the cars to just disappear inexplicably like this, given the online data save is supposed to be secure on their servers. I've already got in touch with PlayStation UK about this and am waiting for a reply. If I don't get my cars back I will expect something like a full re-emuburesement of credits so I can buy them back straight away and have made this clear to them.

Does anyone else also find the Twitter service disappointing? I contacted them via Twitter, and despite it claiming you get a response in "minutes", I've been waiting for over three hours. This is especially frustrating given that today is the only day the phone service is not available.

This might be a problem, I did not have this feature enabled.

It's gonna happen with others though if they don't do this, could admin please ensure this is highlighted somewhere else on the website if possible! I'd hate it if this happened to others, we've all been through enough over Xmas with the login problems.

Having said that, it is completely unacceptable for the cars to just disappear inexplicably like this, given the online data save is supposed to be secure on their servers. I've already got in touch with PlayStation UK about this and am waiting for a reply. If I don't get my cars back I will expect something like a full re-emuburesement of credits so I can buy them back straight away and have made this clear to them.

Does anyone else also find the Twitter service disappointing? I contacted them via Twitter, and despite it claiming you get a response in "minutes", I've been waiting for over three hours. This is especially frustrating given that today is the only day the phone service is not available.
You do not need to enable automatic uploads, just do it manually just a couple of clicks that is all you need to do to store it on the online storage. I will never set the enable automatic uploads on my PS4 for the game, because of your issue with cars going missing and it may happen with other thing in the game as well but who know's.
Manual save to a online storage or a USB is the best way to go than set the PS4 to enable automatic uploads.

This would end my GTSport patronage. I'd never turn the game on again. Bad enough, I don't like in game economies anymore. I prefer games like Assetto Corsa and PCars 2 that give you access to all cars without having to purchase them. I sincerely hope you get a positive resolution to this. Pease keep us informed as to whether you find a way to download your cars, or if PlayStation Plus compensates your credits

This would end my GTSport patronage. I'd never turn the game on again. Bad enough, I don't like in game economies anymore. I prefer games like Assetto Corsa and PCars 2 that give you access to all cars without having to purchase them. I sincerely hope you get a positive resolution to this. Pease keep us informed as to whether you find a way to download your cars, or if PlayStation Plus compensates your credits

If I lost my cars, big whoop. I can grind to get them

But if I lost my liveries, I'm done. That would be absolutely heartbreaking

Having logged into the game online and thought this through, I don't think the liveries would be so bad as long as you've shared them. You simply re-download them I guess of your profile? The odd thing is they're still listed on my profile! Downside is you can't edit it them further (I believe?)

This is where you have to need to check your garage and make sure your cars are in there before you close down the game, and to do a save to a online storage or a USB every time you go out of the game, so you got that backup save game, this what I am doing now because how many more players are going to lose there cars ?.

Oh heck yeah. I haven't created any liveries yet, but know how much time my son and I have invested in a few Forza Horizon 3 liveries we created together. That would be heartbreaking, especially if you didn't share them.

Having logged into the game online and thought this through, I don't think the liveries would be so bad as long as you've shared them. You simply re-download them I guess of your profile? The odd thing is they're still listed on my profile! Downside is you can't edit it them further (I believe?)

I don't have any of my liveries shared. I don't want others to have my cars. (Not hat they are that great), but I'm just weird and controlling like that

I'm not sure if you'd be able to edit them considering they are yours. Not sure you can actually download your own liveries to begin with

Well, today I noticed one of my 3 911 RSR disappeared from my garage.

I know I had 3 because I had each one of them with a different livery. The one that disappeared had a DURACELL livery on.

Nope, I didn't sell it. I never sold a car. I have all the duplicates.

Well, today I noticed one of my 3 911 RSR disappeared from my garage.

I know I had 3 because I had each one of them with a different livery. The one that disappeared had a DURACELL livery on.

Nope, I didn't sell it. I never sold a car. I have all the duplicates.

Have you closed the app then restarted?
This is disheartening to here of losing entire garages and individual cars.
I hope it reappears for you.

Hey @zzz_pt when you notice that DURACELL livery car gone, you should have saved your Game Progress Data to the online storage or to a USB for backup and do it everyday and every time you close the game, and other players should do this as well, so if a car or cars goes missing from you garage you can actually go back to that save and find your cars are still there.

@GTFayMcAdemy , have you gotten any resolution to this issue? I hope so, and others would also love to know how to approach it if it happens to them.

@Gr8_Lakes I do not have a resolution yet. I put an enquiry in with PlayStation Support on Monday night when you posted, and I called them again tonight for an update. They said wait 1 more day for a reply as they have it logged that it was passed up the food chain on the 10th Jan. If I don't get a response by Sunday evening, I'll call again.

@Gr8_Lakes I do not have a resolution yet. I put an enquiry in with PlayStation Support on Monday night when you posted, and I called them again tonight for an update. They said wait 1 more day for a reply as they have it logged that it was passed up the food chain on the 10th Jan. If I don't get a response by Sunday evening, I'll call again.

Hey GTFayMcAdemy, have you heard anything back yet?

Back