GTSport's post launch support has been rather excellent ....... However

sems4arsenal

Nissan Sunny FTW
Premium
Egypt
Cairo, Egypt
GTP_SEMS
This thread might have a bit of player entitlement syndrome, but this is 2018.

For racers in general I still hold Driveclub as the Russo bros of post launch support (i.e top tier). The content was coming thick and fast (yes GTSport's updates are/were as fast and content heavy) -- as well as (and here lies the key) adhering to a Road Map.

Some of you might have noticed that Road Map is bolded, and you might say "Huhh, must be important that word" -- and you would be correct.

This is what I am referring to

driveclubdlcreleaseschedule.jpg

Evo (RIP) has this road map released well before DLC schedule and it detailed exactly what we were going to get, and what cost. And boy did they deliver.

Now, I'm not saying GTSport should have a season pass just yet. I however would like to have a slightly detailed road map of what the future of GTSport will look like. GaaS in particular should offer that much to the invested player base. I know some will bring up the 50 cars by March quote by Kaz (which PD to their credit came good), however beyond that is still up in the air, and a bit more communication and player involvement would do wanders.

The likelihood we still get monthly updates is still high considering the first official FiA season hasn't gotten underway yet. I think April was a special case because PD wanted to show off the two VGTs and have them be the center of attention. With no more VGTs being announced at this time, it is possible monthly updates will continue.

Hopefully there will be a greater composition of new content compared to rehashed cars from GT6. I am more interested to see what tracks. (I wouldn't mind as much if the tracks are rehashed, although it would be nice to some which are new to the franchise).

I'm wondering if they will announce a new plan when they announce the first FiA season? Maybe similar to the 50 cars by March promise?

Everything I just said is from personal thoughts. So far we have no reason to think there will be a May update.

Last edited:
What Evolution did was highly commendable but I dont think that its anywhere near typical of the industry. In fact its pretty unique.

I dont think its the Japanese way or even the way things happen in Redmond WA to put out a future road map because its generally bound to explode in your face.

I look at the VGT release menu in GT6 as a kind of road map without a timeline however look how that worked out.

They learned their lesson.

Keep 'em in the dark then spring the updates.

Having a road map planned in this style is excellent but also a potential double-edged weapon because you have to respect it and if by chance you have some inconvenience you're screwed.
For me, if get used the players in a certain way then they will want more and more and if the content does not meet their expectations they enter hysteria XD

For me to shut up and deliver the contents when they are ready to release it, it's good because they anticipate you a week before so people maintain balanced expectations, thus reducing hysteria on content XD

What Evolution did was highly commendable but I dont think that its anywhere near typical of the industry. In fact its pretty unique.

I dont think its the Japanese way or even the way things happen in Redmond WA to put out a future road map because its generally bound to explode in your face.

I look at the VGT release menu in GT6 as a kind of road map without a timeline however look how that worked out.

They learned their lesson.

Keep 'em in the dark then spring the updates.

I don't think what worked for GT6 can work for GTSport. The gaas model requires an active player base, and the best way to keep them interested in having a cohesive plan.

I agree with you there in their original vision for a fully online game howevr I feel that their stance has changed.

Isnt it gone to a more traditional Gran Turismo game with single player and of course, a big online component.

I think your idea would keep more people interested in GTS but for some odd reason PD likes keeping everyone in the dark.

The content and information was coming in at a really good pace for GTS and really kept players engaged in the game but now it's slowed down at a snails pace with no information on future updates.

So a Road Map to show their intentions would be a very positive thing even if they happen not to 100% deliver on everything at least we all would have an idea on the direction of GTS.

I don't know why but I'm already bored by GTSport. It's much more polished than GT6 but there were so many things to do in GT6 that I used to play it every day.
IMO, the problem is that GTSport feels like a work in progress, like a big patchwork. A road map is better than none but a complete game at release is the best.

I genuinely don't think PD are organised enough to have any sort of roadmap of what's to come, almost everything Kaz says is vague at best.

The 50 cars by the end of March was delivered, however looking at the cars it would be safe to say that these cars were either complete or near completion long before they were released to us, the thing that gave that away for me was the fact the Super GT cars were 2016 liveries rather than the newer 2017 ones. When PD have to work to a deadline though everything goes wrong, just look at how many times GT games have been delayed in the past and usually it's a lot more than just a few months.

So yeah a roadmap would be great in theory but in this case I don't think the development studio has anywhere near the ability to stick to it.

I am also sure that PD can not deliver any promised content in time.....so better no real road map with dates, but instead of that any official announcement which tracks and cars are planned for the near future.
I wish to know if and when we will get the famous tracks like SPA and Le Mans.....the 24 hour races will happen soon and I really need those 2 tracks in GTS. I personally don't like the non real existing tracks, like Alsace Village and Lago Maggiore, I prefer real ones.
Besides that I wish to get some actual Super GT cars and more classic race cars like the Porsche 956, MAZDA 787 or BMW M1 for example.

They really need to be release more content more often... once a month should be the target.

If they dont the player base becomes stagnant and there's a lack of interest if there's no new stuff coming.

I think this pales into comparison to the 1st year GT6 had.

I think monthly updates will most likely continue for the game, PD don't want to promise things and then find they can't
deliver them on time, we are a picky bunch so if it's not on our consoles when we expect it we complain!

For me the details coming out a few days before the DLC is perfectly fine.

With regard to the content well I am still playing and have been in the game since launch last October and much to the
annoyance of many of my PSN friends it finally stopped me playing GTA Online because although it's just a racing game
the fact we have scapes/livery design along with the daily races and online lobbies it has keep things interesting
enough for me to carry on.

What I would like to see though is that the next news give some hints to new tracks and possibly weather inclusion,
does not matter if it does not say when just knowing there will be some content will be enough to satisfy me.

I think monthly updates will most likely continue for the game, PD don't want to promise things and then find they can't
deliver them on time, we are a picky bunch so if it's not on our consoles when we expect it we complain!
Err, they kind of have a track record of doing just that when it comes to DLC.

GT5 and 6 both failed to live up to DLC promises, the months following GTS are not the norm for PD. That's why I think we will never see a roadmap, despite them becoming more common for DLC, both in free and paid for form.

I like how we're getting the monthly updates regularly with new free content... that's enough of a road map for me. They even fulfilled their 50 car promise.

We know what PD is like... with a year long road map we'd most probably end up disappointed. Look how GT6 features ended up.

Err, they kind of have a track record of doing just that when it comes to DLC.

GT5 and 6 both failed to live up to DLC promises, the months following GTS are not the norm for PD. That's why I think we will never see a roadmap, despite them becoming more common for DLC, both in free and paid for form.

Yes I know, I was around for GT5 and GT6 as well though I wasn't a forum member back then, overall I think things are much better
for this instalment of the game and hopefully will stay that way.

In January, Kaz teased the update on January 20th, and released on January 25th.

In February, Kaz teased the update on February 24th, and released on February 28th.

In March, Kaz teased the update on March 23rd, and released on March 29th.

View attachment 731248
View attachment 731249
View attachment 731250

January and March updates were released on the final Thursday of the month, while the Feb update was released on the final day of the month which was Wednesday. February may have been different because of the shorter amount of days. So if we assume the updates will be released on the final Thursday of every month sans February, then it is possible the April update will be released on the 26th. Tease today or tomorrow?
View attachment 731251

I'm quoting myself from a different thread regarding when the April update was supposed to come out (back when we thought there was one)

Looking at the trends, IF there is a May update, the trend shows it would be teased around the 25th or 26th (Typically teases on a Fri or Sat) and released the 31st (DLCs seem to be released on the final Thursday of every month, sans Feb but that was likely because of it being a short month).

Last edited:
We know what PD is like... with a year long road map we'd most probably end up disappointed. Look how GT6 features ended up.

I think GT6 support was absolutely top notch up until June 22, 2015 (or around then).

After that they ghosted us.

PD really need to get back into the regular update routine because I'll just end up leaving it. And with the likes of Onrush and the Crew 2 coming out soon, the only reason why I'll be playing GT Sport is for league racing. After dropping 50 cars between November and April 1, PD have to follow through and keep on providing content; I hope this doesn't turn into a GT6 situation or I will be pissed. If an update is to drop next week, we'd be looking at a teaser image right now. But we're not, so...

More information is needed more than more content. I dont need a new track every month. But I do want to know when we can expect something. What they are working on. What kind of updates they are working on. En what actually is everything that has been changed in an update. Not just the main points.

We can expect from a million dollar company to have at least 1 employer that has time to create an account on GTPlanet and at least answer some simple questions.

Its not that hard.... but its clearly a choice not to....

PD really need to get back into the regular update routine because I'll just end up leaving it. And with the likes of Onrush and the Crew 2 coming out soon, the only reason why I'll be playing GT Sport is for league racing. After dropping 50 cars between November and April 1, PD have to follow through and keep on providing content; I hope this doesn't turn into a GT6 situation or I will be pissed. If an update is to drop next week, we'd be looking at a teaser image right now. But we're not, so...

Huh? Did April not exist for you? 3 cars, a track, that we knew were getting the week of the update as opposed to a week before. Yes I know the Audi's came earlier but I don't think that was given a week advanced notice. I'm not saying that's the case now, but it's silly to think it's all doom and gloom once March ended.

Maybe we don't even get anything this month, that's fine too. They want to invest in this long term so machine gunning content isn't necessary.

A road map of updates is so unlikely and not something very many games provide.

I would like more info sure, but PD are doing a decent job, monthly updates so far which is what most games offer. The suggestion that they aren’t organised is nonsense. Everything they have done so far would of been planned well in advance. I have every confidence we will get an update this month.

Remember focus over the last couple of months have been the esports event and start of the fia season. They’ve told us we will get an announcement on 1st June so they do give us some info, looking forward to this as from teasers that’s been on here recently there are some changes coming.

More information is needed more than more content. I dont need a new track every month. But I do want to know when we can expect something. What they are working on. What kind of updates they are working on. En what actually is everything that has been changed in an update. Not just the main points.

We can expect from a million dollar company to have at least 1 employer that has time to create an account on GTPlanet and at least answer some simple questions.

Same, I just hope for a more clearer update roadmap, at least for a year ahead

I'm wondering if they will announce a new plan when they announce the first FiA season?

They really needed the FIA season to start a while ago, IMO. The time to do it was in the afterglow of release when the most people were playing. The later it gets left the more it will be just a tiny competition for the few hardcore left playing. Add in that there's no prizes of value to draw players back in and I think they've kind of missed their window for GTS.

Honest questions, here: If PD supplied the information you're looking for, like a one-year roadmap of updates and releases, what would you do with that information? Would it affect how you play the game? Would you race differently? Would you enjoy the game more, or less, knowing that something is going to happen in the future?

Personally, nothing would change for me. Well, that is not strictly true. If PD's roadmap included an item six months from now that read, "Switch support for Thrustmaster products to Wheel XYZ" then I would probably start making plans to sell my wheel. But that is highly unlikely. Anyway, knowledge of what cars or tracks will be coming out later would not change how I play the game today.

I have no hopes with the GTS. I agree with the user that said the 50 cars were already ready. The sign of this is that they are old cars. New cars such as New Ford GT, Ferrarri 488, Ferrari Speciale, Mclaren P1, Senna, Super GTs 2017, WEC GTE cars were not added.

I believe that GTS is the Prologue of the current generation. I believe that PD launched GTS for a lifetime of ONE YEAR. I do not see sense in PD spending resources and time in a game whose active base is only 15%. Not worth the cost! It's even a matter of market intelligence.

I think GT7 is coming. Maybe in December, maybe in March. It's my bet.

I think Sony would outsource production of GT games. Keep two companies working on the features of the game, just like Playground and Turn 10.

Maybe it would be a good idea for Sony to outsource production of the circuits. Hire Kunos Simulazione to produce the race tracks. Example.

Last edited:
Back