GTSport's post launch support has been rather excellent ....... However

Seeing that Driveclub DLC schedule makes me sad because I do wish the game was supported more too bad Evolution Studios closed down because I hoped once they might able to get Porsche in at least before they moved on but nope they closed down :(

GTS is my first console racing game ever and I am a bit surprised at that lack of tracks. Is it a resources issue ? I always thought console games were much better positioned financially than PC racing games. Am I wrong ?

It just comes down to poor project management. Polyphony runs a tight team and never seems capable of rapidly expanding their employees in order to increase content development while retaining a high standard of quality. I think after the flack that Kaz got for using old car models in previous GT games that he is now probably far less flexible about doing anything to streamline his development timelines (ie, outsourcing art assets or even buying track scans from another company).

Honest questions, here: If PD supplied the information you're looking for, like a one-year roadmap of updates and releases, what would you do with that information? Would it affect how you play the game? Would you race differently? Would you enjoy the game more, or less, knowing that something is going to happen in the future?
My point was not a future roadmap but more information. We are working on GTP for months trying to find what has been changed in an update. What are the undocumented changes. What has been changed to the penalty system. How does the penalty system even work ? All of the DR and SR points by kudosprime and other stats sites. And how the calculations in sport mode work. It is not PD explaining all this but the players sorting this out for themselves. So with that said, re-read your own post. Of course this would affect me playing the game in every way and one would enjoy more racing time instead.

Not even PD can think that this current stage 7 months down the track with this level of content is worth that kind money.
Only the livery editor is worth $50 to me, let alone the scapes and picture modes. And then I havent even started racing. I think it is a spoiled remark. Expecting the whole world for free.

My only worry is how can they continue supporting the game with this much free content, I’m sure it’s a lot of work on their part, and at some point they gotta generate some income. I wouldn’t mind some form of paid dlc or some form of micro transactions, I know people hate micro transactions, but still, they gotta make some money somehow, if we are gonna continue to get substantial updates. I’m loving the game, and don’t mind supporting the developer if I’m loving it.
As long as they don’t have paid dlc tracks, or anything that will split the player base, I’m all for it. Dlc cars might work out ok

The game features much improved physics, a livery editor, decent sounds, Porsche, the E30 for crying out loud and y'all gonna argue they don't listen to player feedback? :lol:

C'mon now.

I mean, you can't necessarily prove that those features are in place only because of player feedback. Especially the physics aspect; that's simply called "progress".

I also wouldn't pin the Porsche license acquisition on customer feedback either.

The smiley was there for a reason. That said, when they change things they never say it is because of us. We have to guess that. The E30 was requested but it could also be because they loved it themselves.

The feeling of being actually heard by PD has never been there. Especially about the penalty system. They are asking for ridiculous video’s on their own forum when on one of the worlds biggest forum (GTP) there were 50+ video’s showing examples of the bad penalty system in the specific thread. How is that for a prove they are not listening ?

Is it so difficult to react “working on it” in a specific topic or the suggestions thread ? They are not obliged to do anything. So an answer like “if they start reacting to everything it is too much work bla bla”. They do not need to do anything just now and then react in the proper topics. That does not mean they need to react to all requests. Just at least the ones they are working on so we know they are listening.

Luckily there are moderators here who have contact with them and who have said that they are actually reading the fora. But if it would not be for the mods we would just not know.

Bear in mind I am not one of the complainers. Just read all my posts about PD. I am very positive about them and defend them when I feel they are wrongfully attacked. But in this case I am not wrong.

Last edited:
👍
My point was not a future roadmap but more information. We are working on GTP for months trying to find what has been changed in an update. What are the undocumented changes. What has been changed to the penalty system. How does the penalty system even work ? All of the DR and SR points by kudosprime and other stats sites. And how the calculations in sport mode work. It is not PD explaining all this but the players sorting this out for themselves. So with that said, re-read your own post. Of course this would affect me playing the game in every way and one would enjoy more racing time instead.

Those are all fair points. 👍

My questions were actually all about future releases (what we may be getting in an update, and when).

Everything you described here is about updates that we've already received. For those, we are in agreement: A complete list of what non-trivial features have changed, and more a more complete description of those changes, would definitely reduce frustration and let us get on with racing.

:cheers:

Coming from IceRacing and every other PC racing game known to man I think GT Sport is quite well done. If it was easy to make quality racing games everyone would be doing it. Also when you have the cost of use down to less than a dime a minute it's time to quit talking about charging for add-ons

Good to luck to Poly with the month of June. The Crew 2 has a great car/bike/(etc.) lists and it seems to be a very expected game.
Though, as soon as Forza Horizon 4 will be announced, no other racing games will exist in the mainstream media.
IMO, more than six months after the release and GTSport still looks like a Prologue Plus. More cars and a few more tracks won't change that. What worked for Driveclub won't work for GTSport for a simple reason: different expectations.

Only the livery editor is worth $50 to me, let alone the scapes and picture modes. And then I havent even started racing. I think it is a spoiled remark. Expecting the whole world for free.

I'm glad you're happy however this is a racing game, not a livery slash photo game and your hyperbole about being 'spoiled' and expecting stuff for free doesnt reflect what most people want and its already well supported in this thread even from newer players to the franchise.

I'm especially surprised how people who have niche expectations (ie. a photographer and artist who doesnt race in a RACING GAME) seems to think their situation reflects the wider audience.

Amazing.

The racing part of the game to me would be worth about $500 probably. So what is your point exactly ? If you meant that more people agree with you I can only say that more people are spoiled.

What is amazing is that people expect everything for free. Even when the servers are down people are complaining on GTP. As if nothing may ever go wrong.

You have to understand that its easy to complain, but its very difficult to make everybody happy. Once you realise that in life you will stop complaining about nonsens and being amazed by people who actually spend hours in a game and really liking it.

Good to luck to Poly with the month of June. The Crew 2 has a great car/bike/(etc.) lists and it seems to be a very expected game.
Though, as soon as Forza Horizon 4 will be announced, no other racing games will exist in the mainstream media.
IMO, more than six months after the release and GTSport still looks like a Prologue Plus. More cars and a few more tracks won't change that. What worked for Driveclub won't work for GTSport for a simple reason: different expectations.
PD have absolutely no hope in June:lol: The only way for GT Sport to become a fully fledged GT game is for PD to add like an extra dozen tracks and another 200 cars at least. If PD indeed want to offer this game as a service, it needs to consistently produce content; but even then, people will still leave the game because it's still a Prologue type game at it's heart. If you want to take it further, it's an experimental type game because of Sport Mode and the FIA Championships. GT Sport will not have a large lifetime if content is not added consistently. I hope that PD create a proper game with a large car and track lists as well as a host of events to complete in the future, because GT Sport will not cut it.

PD have absolutely no hope in June:lol: The only way for GT Sport to become a fully fledged GT game is for PD to add like an extra dozen tracks and another 200 cars at least. If PD indeed want to offer this game as a service, it needs to consistently produce content; but even then, people will still leave the game because it's still a Prologue type game at it's heart. If you want to take it further, it's an experimental type game because of Sport Mode and the FIA Championships. GT Sport will not have a large lifetime if content is not added consistently. I hope that PD create a proper game with a large car and track lists as well as a host of events to complete in the future, because GT Sport will not cut it.

Then they need to charge $500 because its clear people will pay it! And remove all the stupid tracks and just expand scapes and photography and liveries! Maybe sponsorship by Nikon or Canon for the 'real photography simulator".

Or maybe listen to the new guys here who asked that if you bought the game today and installed the updates and would your thinking be that right now, is this thing complete with this number of cars tracks and events.

Hell not even Kaz would agree with you but hey, its nice to see some people who are easily impressed!

lYvjAXf.png

https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/irday/2018/presen_E.pdf

Sony has also included GTsport in the list of strategies for their line-up for the 2018 fiscal year

Sony is also focusing on Gtsport, so I expect other great content and initiatives in the future on the game.

That's actually good because in the past for GT6 for example it would be media blackout except for the car companies themselves releasing VGT media but GT6 would get the VGT stuff every month or so PLUS all the additional materials.

They would say PD doesnt do E3 and that they would keep themselves to the Euro shows but I dont think that even eventuated.

I think you should re-read your comments. To me you seem no different than somebody going to the newest StarWars movie and did not like it giving the movie a 1 on IMDb when every reasonable person would know such a movie could not be a 1 no matter how bad it was. Or people who give a 0 on tripadvisor for a restaurant without even having had a dinner there because they could not make a reservation.

I mean there are limits of what we can expect from people. Criticism is a good thing. But some people take it to another level.

Apart from in the sense that it's a game in which you race other people...

How on earth is Onrush not a racing game?

There's no racing involved, you gain points by doing stunts/ wrecking other cars / boosting . In another mode, you get points by going through gates, but it doesn't reward you for how fast/ slow you go through them or if you did it first/ last. The goal is to earn enough points along with your team to beat the other team, there's no timer. It's not a racing game, its a sports game with cars in it much like Rocket league / twisted metal. Or do you consider rocket league/ twisted metal a racing game ?

There's no racing involved, you gain points by doing stunts/ wrecking other cars / boosting . In another mode, you get points by going through gates, but it doesn't reward you for how fast/ slow you go through them or if you did it first/ last. The goal is to earn enough points along with your team to beat the other team, there's no timer. It's not a racing game, its a sports game with cars in it much like Rocket league / twisted metal. Or do you consider rocket league/ twisted metal a racing game ?

Rocket League, no. Twisted Metal, no. Wipeout, yes. Motorstorm, yes.

Onrush seemed to me to be more in the Wipeout/Motorstorm vein and removing positions altogether, but perhaps I've been misinformed. It does sort of reward you for going fast, at least in the sense that covering more ground means more opportunities for points. It's certainly very non-traditional, but there's a lot of "traditional" demolition derby style gameplay going on. Watching it, it certainly feels like a racing game. Perhaps I'll have to wait until I get a chance to play it.

Rocket League, no. Twisted Metal, no. Wipeout, yes. Motorstorm, yes.

Onrush seemed to me to be more in the Wipeout/Motorstorm vein and removing positions altogether, but perhaps I've been misinformed. It does sort of reward you for going fast, at least in the sense that covering more ground means more opportunities for points. It's certainly very non-traditional, but there's a lot of "traditional" demolition derby style gameplay going on. Watching it, it certainly feels like a racing game. Perhaps I'll have to wait until I get a chance to play it.
I played the closed and open beta , its nothing like wipe out or Motorstorm. It's basically a first to get X amount of points wins, and speed doesn't gain you points, wrecking other opponents/ fodder cars/ jumps earns you points and boost . boost earns you points ( simply by boosting) but also helps you wreck other cars and get higher jumps . Going fast around a track is actually discouraged, you are encouraged to stay in the pack and cause as much havoc as possible . Its not a racing game thats for sure.

Back