GTSport's post launch support has been rather excellent ....... However

A simple "Regular updates, with new cars and tracks, will resume until further notice" would be enough. No need to know how many car and tracks, what they are, or anything like that. Just them letting us know they're still thinking about their current game and giving us something to look forward to.

PD really need to get back into the regular update routine because I'll just end up leaving it. And with the likes of Onrush and the Crew 2 coming out soon, the only reason why I'll be playing GT Sport is for league racing. After dropping 50 cars between November and April 1, PD have to follow through and keep on providing content; I hope this doesn't turn into a GT6 situation or I will be pissed. If an update is to drop next week, we'd be looking at a teaser image right now. But we're not, so...

Onrush isn't a racing game . That games gonna flop unless they add a ram button . As it is it's a game of lag.

I believe that GTS is the Prologue of the current generation. I believe that PD launched GTS for a lifetime of ONE YEAR.

Maybe it would be a good idea for Sony to outsource production of the circuits. Hire Kunos Simulazione to produce the race tracks.

Dude,GT Sport is a different beast,it's not prologue and it's definetly not a mainline game.The relationship with FIA is not something for one year and i doubt Polyphony would outsource production,they treat Gran Turismo like their baby and they don't want a babysitter.

I think GT7 is coming. Maybe in December, maybe in March. It's my bet.

Gone are the days of 1 year dev time for AAA games.

Life time of one year? We're 7 months in and the first FiA season hasn't happened yet...

GT7 by March? You expect a bigger game in less than 2 years when it took 4 or 5 years to make this GTS?

Nah fam.

Dude,GT Sport is a different beast,it's not prologue and it's definetly not a mainline game.The relationship with FIA is not something for one year and i doubt Polyphony would outsource production,they treat Gran Turismo like their baby and they don't want a babysitter.

Gone are the days of 1 year dev time for AAA games.

That is why need to launch another game in this generation to cover expenses and generate profit in a production of more than five years.

I'm thinking like a businessman.

The PS4 in 2019 will have a consolidated base of approximately 90 million consoles.

This basis is very important because it means guaranteed profit.

GTS sold very little. Only three million copies. The reviews were not good. This hurt sales.

Now, think: GT7 is released with the same content of GTS, with the same online system (Sport Mode), but, with additions of new tracks, with addition of classic tracks, with addition of new cars and with the return of the structure of the previous games.

Not only we, GTS users, will buy the GT7, but also the users who were disappointed with GTS, as well as those who did not buy it.

A game in this generation alone does not cover investment. PD / Sony needs to profit, and upgrade GTS for free, until the end of the generation, is not financially smart. The user base is small and does not make up for it.

You can be sure, PD will have to harness the base of 90 million consoles again. It is necessary to launch another GT in this generation, before the PS5.

Kaz himself has signaled twice this year that they are already working on the new GT.

I see no sense in PD continuing to invest time and money in the GTS. She needs profit! The GTS is always in liquidation, and is selling shortly after launch. It is a game that has already reached its sales potential.

GT7 will not need five years. Of course not! GT7 will be GTS with a new structure and new content.

There is no sense in launching just one game throughout the generation. GTS is an appetizer game, while they finish GT7.

I do not speak as player, I am thinking like a businessman.

Last edited:
If people were disappointed in GTS, why would they buy a game called GT7 with slightly more content than GTS?
I read several official reviews on Metacritic, and also read the feedback in other forums.

The biggest criticisms were regarding the structure of the game, especially in the absence of the "Career Mode" (Single Player). Not only that. The criticism was strong in relation to the reduced cast of tracks, especially the classic tracks.

The online-focused game has alienated a lot of people. A game focused on online takes away the casual gamer. GTS has become a niche game. Always on also pushed the audience away. Another criticism: the absence of the Tuning Store.

These were the criticisms I read. Some I agree, others do not.

But I agree with the fact that the game has a bad cast of racing tracks, plus a single player made palliatively, without that progressive gamedesign of the old GTs.

If GT7 comes with all this old structure, plus the innovations of GTS, added with the return of the classic tracks and newer cars (like a claren P1, Ford GT, Ferrari 488), I believe it will sell more.

These were the reasons for the low grades in Metacritic. And they certainly hurt sales to casual gamers.

GT was successful because it was a game that pleased both the casual audience and the hardcore audience. GTS only pleased fans of racing games.

If GT wants to sell a lot, it needs to have a robust and strong single player. This is the success of the GT franchise. That's why GTS has driven away many old fans.

GT7 has to merge both structures: Strong Single Player and Strong Multiplayer. And it is possible.

Last edited:
Have to disagree, I think GT7 is some time away. Doesn’t make sense to me to do world tour events, fia seasons that are starting soon, monthly updates (up to now) then to go in a few months nah this was just a filler here’s GT7. I think GTS will be supported for a long time yet.

3 million copies is quite a lot really and still selling I guess. I understand that a lot of people miss the classic GT elements but the focus on online gaming is the way that games are heading. So many games these days have a tiny campaign mode because the replay value is generated from the online/multiplayer aspects.

The start of the fia season will bring a lot of players back, even the pre-season has. The world tour event they held has certainly got people interested as well.

So at the moment, the game is dead to me.
To me GTS it is on a life support machine and it is just clinging to life.

PD need to change the 3 daily races and have them in a 2 week cycle, and bring in a 2 weekly online time trials and a leaderboard like we had in GT6, and also a drift event for players that like drifting, and then GTS will get better again.

If people were disappointed in GTS, why would they buy a game called GT7 with slightly more content than GTS?

I think because people are creatures of habit.

Many people werent happy with GT5 and yet they still bought GT6 (I grant you many didnt).

GT7 will be a big seller if it goes down the traditional route of GT5/6 etc.

I feel that some people think PD is a business just like any other and reality, they are a protected company of Sony's who's only goal is to make a single kind of game and they are not under the same traditional pressures as many other companies.

I also feel that GTS isnt going to be the only GT to appear on PS4 before the PS5 arrives.

There should be 2 GT titles on the PS4 (at least) since they are on course to have 100 mil. plus units sold over its life.

I'm not going to dwell too much on what GT7 is going to be... heck they could go the route of Win10 (GaaS?) - let us enjoy GTS while they still support it.

That is why need to launch another game in this generation to cover expenses and generate profit in a production of more than five years.

I'm thinking like a businessman.

I do not speak as player, I am thinking like a businessman.

You think spending millions in a new game is a smart decision?These games take time and a one year dev cycle for a new mainline GT is not enough,this gen is already at the end and GT7(or the next GT Sport) will launch at the beginning/middle of the next gen

I disagree. I expect more support than GT6.

I can understand why they dropped GT6. There should be none of those pressures in GTS.

I'm thinking that PD are either not intending to do paid DLC or arent able to properly monetise their content.

To me GTS it is on a life support machine and it is just clinging to life.

PD need to change the 3 daily races and have them in a 2 week cycle, and bring in a 2 weekly online time trials and a leaderboard like we had in GT6, and also a drift event for players that like drifting, and then GTS will get better again.

You want the same daily race for two straight weeks?

I think I was wrong saying 2 weeks, it would be better if PD gave us a week of 3 cycle races and gives us tuners to tune than having crap daily races.

Now that would kill the game the game for me. With their lame choices in daily races, it could be a month before anything good rolls around...

PD need to do something, because GTS is going to be worst than GT6.

The daily race cycle hits a good balance of regular races you can practice/prepare for, while not sticking around too long if they’re something you’re not all that into.

The old format in GT6 left 2-3 new races every month (maybe it was two weeks at some point, but the last couple or so years of life was on a two week race/trial cycle). So far, with the addition of league events, (on average) we’ve gotten more content than the seasonals, and it’s even in the same format. Usually 2-3 new events with multiple races in each, and sometimes other championships getting expanded.

We sort of have leaderboard time trials with the daily races, the only thing outside of that that isn’t in as far as cycling race content goes is drift trials.

I think PD are doing a great job so far with post-launch support, and right now they’re in the midst of FIA season starting, so I don’t expect content being center of attention for a little while. We know PD plans on continuous support for GTS, they don’t need to outline specifics for us. They haven’t in the past and I’d argue the last two times they could’ve (GT5 and GT6) we in much more need of progress reports/project outlines. I mean for god’s sake it took two years for the course maker to come out and it was originally supposed to be a launch/near launch feature, to the point where it was on the box. Aside from the actual launch of the game nothing’s been delayed and nothing’s missing. *Edit - Actually I think static weather was originally being touted as a launch feature, so that’s the one* ball drop PD’s made.

*That I recall.

The daily race cycle hits a good balance of regular races you can practice/prepare for, while not sticking around too long if they’re something you’re not all that into.

The old format in GT6 left 2-3 new races every month (maybe it was two weeks at some point, but the last couple or so years of life was on a two week race/trial cycle). So far, with the addition of league events, (on average) we’ve gotten more content than the seasonals, and it’s even in the same format. Usually 2-3 new events with multiple races in each, and sometimes other championships getting expanded.

We sort of have leaderboard time trials with the daily races, the only thing outside of that that isn’t in as far as cycling race content goes is drift trials.

I think PD are doing a great job so far with post-launch support, and right now they’re in the midst of FIA season starting, so I don’t expect content being center of attention for a little while. We know PD plans on continuous support for GTS, they don’t need to outline specifics for us. They haven’t in the past and I’d argue the last two times they could’ve (GT5 and GT6) we in much more need of progress reports/project outlines. I mean for god’s sake it took two years for the course maker to come out and it was originally supposed to be a launch/near launch feature, to the point where it was on the box. Aside from the actual launch of the game nothing’s been delayed and nothing’s missing. *Edit - Actually I think static weather was originally being touted as a launch feature, so that’s the one* ball drop PD’s made.

*That I recall.
To me having daily races are crap idea, and they should be weekly and also tuning allowed on cars, and that is the best way for this game.

I use to have over 18 friends a day on my friends list playing this game in the beginning of this year and now it is only 1 or 2 friends a day playing.

Onrush isn't a racing game . That games gonna flop unless they add a ram button . As it is it's a game of lag.
I never said Onrush was a racing game...

One thing which doesn't help GT Sport's cause is the daily races. They've become terrible lately and I simply don't see any point competing in them. If they had more daily races instead of just 3 I'd be more willing to compete, but having just 3 limits the possibilities. Why can't they consistently have Group 1, Group 2, Group 3, Group 4 and One Make races? Surely that's not too much to ask...

Since Kaz took part in Mille Miglia last week, PD might wait their boss to give an order. Mille Miglia have just ended so Kaz probably is catching a break for a while before back to office and doing his usual routine (It took 4 days to complete the whole trip by driving an old car anyway). And remember that we are gonna have first FIA Championship season in early June so surely we get an update related to the upcoming event. That is my own thought by the way.

What Evo did with Driveclub in terms of the roadmap and DLC was incredible, yet to be matched by any other racer I have seen

I think it is unreasonable to expect many more free DLC. They've been generous enough in my opinion. I'll gladly pay for more tracks if they ask a decent fee.
I don't think they will release paid dlcs, because as Battlefield 1 showed, the more additional paid content you have, the more the users will split. GTS is a game that needs a lot of active players all on the same "boat" to work well, otherwise there will be the risk of having to race against people with higher or lower DR, eliminating all the fun, as someone can enter that race because he bought the track while others won't. If few people will buy the DLC, and you'll use it on a daily race, that server will be empty and people who paid for that won't pay for the next. And if it happens that the other two races, besides the one with the DLC track, are with bad cars and bad circuits, people could get tired very fast and switch to other games.

And in fact this winter gt sport was often sold at half of its price, in order to create a large base of users to join the races

Not even PD can think that this current stage 7 months down the track with this level of content is worth that kind money.

GTS is my first console racing game ever and I am a bit surprised at that lack of tracks. Is it a resources issue ? I always thought console games were much better positioned financially than PC racing games. Am I wrong ?

Back