GTSport's post launch support has been rather excellent ....... However

A Pikes Peak Daily Race. Now, that would be interesting.
In 30 days, it will be the fourth edition of Pikes Peak Hill Climb sponsored by Gran Turismo AND not playable in Gran Turismo^^
We know it will come at a certain point in GT.

I played the closed and open beta , its nothing like wipe out or Motorstorm. It's basically a first to get X amount of points wins, and speed doesn't gain you points, wrecking other opponents/ fodder cars/ jumps earns you points and boost . boost earns you points ( simply by boosting) but also helps you wreck other cars and get higher jumps . Going fast around a track is actually discouraged, you are encouraged to stay in the pack and cause as much havoc as possible . Its not a racing game thats for sure.
So it's a game with car's, where you race to achieve a pre-determined goal set by the game in which you become the victor if you achieve said goal, first?

If you can accept Joe Danger as a racing game that was part of a larger list of racing games, I fail to see how this one falls short for you.

So it's a game with car's, where you race to achieve a pre-determined goal set by the game in which you become the victor if you achieve said goal, first?

If you can accept Joe Danger as a racing game that was part of a larger list of racing games, I fail to see how this one falls short for you.

Joe Danger is basically a stunt time trial. there IS NO TIME TRIAL in onrush, it's literally like any sports game with rules where you SCORE points NOT through racing but by doing one of 3 specified things.

Motorsports is in a decline. That's not an opinion, NASCAR and FIA are both shaking in their boots due to the STEADY decline in motorsports. Intrest in cars is also down, millennials are less likely than the past generation to buy ANY car.

I'm not going to bother arguing because sales figures are scarce and nay numbers from VGcharts are not taken seriously.

Granturismo sales are down
NFS sales are down
Forza sales are down

Evolution studios = shut down
Psygnosis= Shut down
Black box = Shut down
Criterion = doesn't do racing games

Mario cart sells well because it's literally the only good racing game on the switch / wii U ,

Yet this boards logic is = there's more competition!!!

Joe Danger is basically a stunt time trial. there IS NO TIME TRIAL in onrush, it's literally like any sports game with rules where you SCORE points NOT through racing but by doing one of 3 specified things.

Motorsports is in a decline. That's not an opinion, NASCAR and FIA are both shaking in their boots due to the STEADY decline in motorsports. Intrest in cars is also down, millennials are less likely than the past generation to buy ANY car.

I'm not going to bother arguing because sales figures are scarce and nay numbers from VGcharts are not taken seriously.

Granturismo sales are down
NFS sales are down
Forza sales are down

Evolution studios = shut down
Psygnosis= Shut down
Black box = Shut down
Criterion = doesn't do racing games

Mario cart sells well because it's literally the only good racing game on the switch / wii U ,

Yet this boards logic is = there's more competition!!!
Mario Kart is not even a racing game for me like Forza, GT or NFS. It's a party game around karting :P
It's clear to me that Forza Horizon is now the king of racing games and it will be the flagship of the genre. GT used to be cool: cool cars, rock music and fun gameplay. More fun (even if it's over the top), and less FIA blabla.
GT must look so boring/weird to kids eyes in 2018.

Mario Kart is not even a racing game for me like Forza, GT or NFS. It's a party game around karting :P
It's clear to me that Forza Horizon is now the king of racing games and it will be the flagship of the genre. GT used to be cool: cool cars, rock music and fun gameplay. More fun (even if it's over the top), and less FIA blabla.
GT must look so boring/weird to kids eyes in 2018.

Kids aren't very interested in cars anymore period.
Back when My dad bought out 73 Mach one, little kids would love it since its a bright candy gold. The last time I drove it kids were more busy looking at their phones at the car meet. It's quite sad. It has to do with our culture as well. Kids these days have horrid attention spans, youtube/netflix trains a kid to get instant gratification, waiting for a tv show to come on is a thing of the past. Now imagine telling a kid he has to drive a car around for 5 mins to win, He's going to go straight back to his mobile phone game where winning is a few seconds away accompanied by a million little bells and whistles designed to trigger dopamine ( Mario kart has this by the way) .

Kids aren't very interested in cars anymore period.
Back when My dad bought out 73 Mach one, little kids would love it since its a bright candy gold. The last time I drove it kids were more busy looking at their phones at the car meet. It's quite sad. It has to do with our culture as well. Kids these days have horrid attention spans, youtube/netflix trains a kid to get instant gratification, waiting for a tv show to come on is a thing of the past. Now imagine telling a kid he has to drive a car around for 5 mins to win, He's going to go straight back to his mobile phone game where winning is a few seconds away accompanied by a million little bells and whistles designed to trigger dopamine ( Mario kart has this by the way) .
I'm 20 and I feel like I'm part of the last gen that likes both cars and video games. A lot of kids these days don't even like games, they just play garbage on their iPads or whatever. I remember when I was kid we all had Lambo or Porsche posters, watched FnF and read Car and Driver. I also remember watching Top Gear in high school and finding other fans at school. I remember when I was 11 I sat in a 49 Merc begging for a ride, but I didn't get a ride. Car had no belts or roof and my aunt was like nah, so I just sat in it for like 3 hours. I also remember being selective with what hot wheels I'd get, even my mom always bought me only muscle cars. I remember we all played a tons of games, sometimes we'd bring our stuff to school. We'd talk about how to be this boss and so and so.

I can't imagine kids playing GT, let alone a JRPG of some sort. I also can't imagine them bringing back secret hidden items in games either. Remember getting the Gulf GT40 or the Air Italia Stratos? How good it felt getting a car that you can't buy, only example of this in GT Sport are the pace cars.

I'm 20 and I feel like I'm part of the last gen that likes both cars and video games. A lot of kids these days don't even like games, they just play garbage on their iPads or whatever. I remember when I was kid we all had Lambo or Porsche posters, watched FnF and read Car and Driver. I also remember watching Top Gear in high school and finding other fans at school. I remember when I was 11 I sat in a 49 Merc begging for a ride, but I didn't get a ride. Car had no belts or roof and my aunt was like nah, so I just sat in it for like 3 hours. I also remember being selective with what hot wheels I'd get, even my mom always bought me only muscle cars. I remember we all played a tons of games, sometimes we'd bring our stuff to school. We'd talk about how to be this boss and so and so.

I can't imagine kids playing GT, let alone a JRPG of some sort. I also can't imagine them bringing back secret hidden items in games either. Remember getting the Gulf GT40 or the Air Italia Stratos? How good it felt getting a car that you can't buy, only example of this in GT Sport are the pace cars.
Oh and speaking of that GT-R, I was pleasantly surprised. Forgot about that reveal in an other thread.

Back