[GTTCC-2] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S2 | xflow1390 is the champion!!!!!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 2,619 comments

What tyres should be available for wet races?

• Sports Soft tyres only

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • SS, Intermediates and Full Wets

• SS and Full wets only

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Quali I end up watching on YouTube after it's happened. The race is 50/50, it's hit and miss if I can get it live or just watch it on YouTube afterwards.

If you don't want to pay to watch (though WEC is cheap to watch at home compared to some open-wheels races I know...at least in my country), I have a good website to watch several motorsports live but I don't know if I can drop the link here as it is probably not legal.

If you don't want to pay to watch (though WEC is cheap to watch at home compared to some open-wheels races I know...at least in my country), I have a good website to watch several motorsports live but I don't know if I can drop the link here as it is probably not legal.

I wouldn't. I have several links along a similar basis where they have a certain question of Legality. Part of me thinks they're OK since they're channels I could get anyway, but better to air on the side of caution here. đź‘Ť

Ok.....
After having a great first season, many of us were looking forward to the new one. However no matter how har myself ad the stewards try, some people would not follow instructions and when asked in PM to calm driving and attitudes down,they did not.

So, in order for us to get back to having fun, the steward have discussed, have 16 drivers who we believe should race. These drivers are clean, follow instructions, appreciate the work put in and have a positive vibe an contribute. This may seem harsh, however we want to have fun, and we cant until we have a good group, so we've narrowed it down

I have sorted points / results out so they will be published tonight when I can type them up đź‘Ť

Ok.....
After having a great first season, many of us were looking forward to the new one. However no matter how har myself ad the stewards try, some people would not follow instructions and when asked in PM to calm driving and attitudes down,they did not.

So, in order for us to get back to having fun, the steward have discussed, have 16 drivers who we believe should race. These drivers are clean, follow instructions, appreciate the work put in and have a positive vibe an contribute. This may seem harsh, however we want to have fun, and we cant until we have a good group, so we've narrowed it down

I have sorted points / results out so they will be published tonight when I can type them up đź‘Ť
Listen to the old bloke next time.:P

So Ladies and Gentlemen, any thought on the Toro Rosso driver pairing of Verstappen and Sainz Jr?

In my opinion (brace yourselves), both drivers have definitely got the talent to be in the sport. Watching Verstappen in the Free Practice sessions he's run opened my eyes to his potential, but I was far more impressed with his drive in Macau. Starting from basically dead last after suffering a puncture in the Qualification Race, he carved his way up through the field, setting the fastest lap of the race in the process. Seriously impressed by how level his head is given his age.

Sainz Jr is obviously the 2014 Formula Renault 3.5 Champion, a category with proven class throughtout the field and some extremely quick drivers. Looking at how quickly K-Mag has adapted to F1 this year after his 2013 FR3.5 championship year means there are some very promising times ahead for these two youngsters.

If I was on the Toro Rosso pit wall though, I would only have one concern. How well are these two young men going to be able to set-up and develop a car? Do they have the ability to accurately communicate what they need to the engineers. I don't expect massive shocks from them in 2015, it's a learning and development year. However, I do expect them to find something special in 2016 and for one of the two to assert themselves into a comfortable number 1 position. Personally, I believe that will be Max...

So Ladies and Gentlemen, any thought on the Toro Rosso driver pairing of Verstappen and Sainz Jr?

In my opinion (brace yourselves), both drivers have definitely got the talent to be in the sport. Watching Verstappen in the Free Practice sessions he's run opened my eyes to his potential, but I was far more impressed with his drive in Macau. Starting from basically dead last after suffering a puncture in the Qualification Race, he carved his way up through the field, setting the fastest lap of the race in the process. Seriously impressed by how level his head is given his age.

Sainz Jr is obviously the 2014 Formula Renault 3.5 Champion, a category with proven class throughtout the field and some extremely quick drivers. Looking at how quickly K-Mag has adapted to F1 this year after his 2013 FR3.5 championship year means there are some very promising times ahead for these two youngsters.

If I was on the Toro Rosso pit wall though, I would only have one concern. How well are these two young men going to be able to set-up and develop a car? Do they have the ability to accurately communicate what they need to the engineers. I don't expect massive shocks from them in 2015, it's a learning and development year. However, I do expect them to find something special in 2016 and for one of the two to assert themselves into a comfortable number 1 position. Personally, I believe that will be Max...
Toro Rosso will realise that dropping Vergne might have been a mistake. Vergne could develop a car, and now they have two drivers in over their heads. Speed won't help them beyond Monaco. I predict a massive slump after Monaco when R&D for everyone else picks up. If Caterham sticks around and Vergne goes there, we may see something.

Toro Rosso will realise that dropping Vergne might have been a mistake. Vergne could develop a car, and now they have two drivers in over their heads. Speed won't help them beyond Monaco. I predict a massive slump after Monaco when R&D for everyone else picks up. If Caterham sticks around and Vergne goes there, we may see something.
If Verne goes to Caterham, given his time in Torro Rosso, Caterham with gain huge, huge feedback about exactly what is right and wrong with the car. Hopefully they'll be able to really dig themselves out of a hole if they hire him and are in the 2015 season.

If Verne goes to Caterham, given his time in Torro Rosso, Caterham with gain huge, huge feedback about exactly what is right and wrong with the car. Hopefully they'll be able to really dig themselves out of a hole if they hire him and are in the 2015 season.

Can't argue with any of these statements. I agree that dropping Vergne will prove, in the short term at least, to be deterimental to Toro Rosso. I didn't consider the possibility of Vergne heading to Caterham, I thought he was going to get the Test Driver seat at Williams, recently vacated by Felipe Nasr. However, now that Williams have confirmed that Suzie Wolff is getting the seat (good call Williams, respect) it's a massive possibility. Unless Vergne goes to IndyCar to replace the out-going Mikhael Aleshin.

Ok.....

when will we know who these drivers are?

Listen to the old bloke next time.:P

Just some advice he gave me ian.
Got to be heavy now mate. Can't have the series ruined by some

If anyone needs to see how to race please go to Race 2 at RBR and watch either Xflow or Emo. Once again great race guys.
Exactly, 2 brilliant drivers. I knew xflow would give emo a run for his money
when will we know who these drivers are?
your fine mate don't worry

Has sainz jr been confirmed now? It's bad for the team, red bull and F1 in general

Just some advice he gave me ian.
Got to be heavy now mate. Can't have the series ruined by some

Exactly, 2 brilliant drivers. I knew xflow would give emo a run for his money

your fine mate don't worry

Has sainz jr been confirmed now? It's bad for the team, red bull and F1 in general

Yeah, Sainz is confirmed... 100%

Can't argue with any of these statements. I agree that dropping Vergne will prove, in the short term at least, to be deterimental to Toro Rosso. I didn't consider the possibility of Vergne heading to Caterham, I thought he was going to get the Test Driver seat at Williams, recently vacated by Felipe Nasr. However, now that Williams have confirmed that Suzie Wolff is getting the seat (good call Williams, respect) it's a massive possibility. Unless Vergne goes to IndyCar to replace the out-going Mikhael Aleshin.
Highly unlikely for someone to jump from F1 to IndyCar unless they had previously been in IndyCar. Nice thought though. If Caterham does bust (no evidence saying they will at all with the money they earned), then maybe. But if you look at di Resta, Petrov, Senna to name a few, they tried to stay as close to Europe as they could. If a pack of them moved to IndyCar together, let's say Sutil, Vergne, Kobayashi, Chilton, then the entire open wheel dynamic would shift. But until that happens, I don't see any F1 drivers moving to IndyCar without some already existing links. (See Barrichello-Kanaan)

Ok.....

Can't wait to see the results.

Highly unlikely for someone to jump from F1 to IndyCar unless they had previously been in IndyCar. Nice thought though. If Caterham does bust (no evidence saying they will at all with the money they earned), then maybe. But if you look at di Resta, Petrov, Senna to name a few, they tried to stay as close to Europe as they could. If a pack of them moved to IndyCar together, let's say Sutil, Vergne, Kobayashi, Chilton, then the entire open wheel dynamic would shift. But until that happens, I don't see any F1 drivers moving to IndyCar without some already existing links. (See Barrichello-Kanaan)

I can agree with that, but for me he's too good to drive in DTM. WEC possibly. I can see a lot more European drivers going to the US though, especially with that new Indy Lights car for 2015 (that thing is gorgeous). The biggest thing that would drive me to go to IndyCar (if I was so lucky) would be the fact there is no DRS, the overtaking isn't 'manufactured.' It's a better gauge of a drivers race-craft IMO.

Wow, so I've now combined round 1 and 2

I thought after round 1 wow, first time emo hasn't led. Guess who's leading now :crazy:

even though xflow got his first win the power affected you big time, yuc managed to salvage something, but I think this will be a drop score for you

At least the success penalty is working though, an not as bad on the FR as I thought it would be.

We now have a grid of good drivers, thanks to everyone who stuck it out, i'm looking forward to Tokyo now :D

Latest Posts

Back