[GTTCC-2] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S2 | xflow1390 is the champion!!!!!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 2,619 comments

What tyres should be available for wet races?

• Sports Soft tyres only

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • SS, Intermediates and Full Wets

• SS and Full wets only

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Top racing tonight best yet for me in gttttccc, it was nice not to DC for a change :)

Me & emo must be right up there now in the teams championship :D

Top drivers, pace and ability, so proud of you all right now :lol: I've known series where a few drivers can win. but there's 8 drivrs who have a genuine chance of winning the title

Points will be up tomorrow, had no complaints really so all good to go 👍

The bhp penalties seem to be doing there job quite well so far 👍
much better then I expected to be honest

Something I've thought about and others mentioning, I will try. For next season, i'm thinking we drop it to -4bhp, but penalties are accumulating. So, if you come in 2nd and 5th you have -20 for race 3

Id have to think about the above to get my head around it :lol:
Can't get the gist of it right now :boggled:

Edit: got it now :dunce:

Have people used this accumulating bhp penalties in a series before?

Id have to think about the above to get my head around it :lol:
Can't get the gist of it right now :boggled:

Edit: got it now :dunce:

Have people used this accumulating bhp penalties in a series before?
In all honesty I've never seen proper bhp reductions in a multi car series

I think it may work just as well, but will keep thinking about it

Well, I must say the main series racing was MUCH better than what I was seeing in the Support Races. A lot of close action without any issues of being punted, overran, sealed out, any of that bother. A good job well done, guys! Now then, for my views on each Race:

Race One:
Well, 52.8 to set off proceedings was what I was hoping for in Qualifying, considering my laps prior to that were set at 265 bhp. The start was an absolute DREAM start off the line, held off well from @NinjaEvo into the first corner, pulled out a 2.3 second gap in the first lap alone and just tried to keep building upon it. I got nervous when I couldn't quite outdo @NinjaEvo and @buck1 on fastest lap in the early stages, and at one point I thought I might lose my bottle and become swallowed up in the 2nd place tussle. The pit stop changed that, however, and I found my rhythm and stretched the gap to 9.1 seconds.

Race Two:
I changed up the toe angle so I could hug the curb better for Race Two, hoping it'd bridge the gap of losing 35 bhp. Instead, however, the car was much slower than it should have been based on my practice laps at the same bhp, and ended up some 2 seconds slower overall, a BIGGER drop-off than the Scions and Toyotas seem to experience with penalties. Start went well, but the lack of pace made me feel the car had lost more power than what I thought I was running at, and ended up in the middle of the pack after some fantastic laps from @yuc2002, @xflow1390 and @FaithlessEmo at full capacity. Thought for sure the car would return to me after the pit stop, but alas, it didn't.

{Note: tried the car after Race 3 @260 bhp and pulled a 54.1 with the toe angle I had in the first and last race. Nobody was watching though, all left...}

Race Three:
Sincerest apologies for the skewed reverse grid, first of all. The internet bugged out on me and booted me from the room, so unfortunately I started higher in the grid than I should have. However, the battle with @DirtyNurbKing58 was epic. Every time I pulled away I would hit a corner as fast as I could, and without fail, I would straighten up the wheel, look behind me to see a big massive wall of pink glaring at me. One part of the race, which I urge you all to have a look at {Especially a certain soul} was either lap 2 or lap 3, right after the high speed left kink.

Nurb and I entered the corner, side-by-side, with me on the outside and him on the inside. He skidded on through trying to outbrake me into the corner, and I went for the cut back. Now, "THE BLUE BOOK" says I could have carried straight on through without issue because I was the inside line, ahead of Nurb, taking the apex. Pffft.... Sure blue book, lemme just rip that page out, wipe my butt clean with it and toss it out the window. KNOWING the next section of track is the narrowest part (using logic and experience) and KNOWING (through logic and experience) that if I carried on through like the blue book said I was allowed to, I'd end up crowding out and almost certainly wrecked Nurb's car in doing so so I lifted off and allowed him back through safely, KNOWING there was still another couple laps left of the race to pounce and didn't need to rush things. Oh would you look at that, my own logic and experience coming into play yet again. Who knew huh? :sly:

There were also times where Nurb could have slammed to door shut on me too, but with (you guessed it) logic and experience guiding him, as well as a heck of a lot of respect, he gave me the room I needed for the benefit of us both. What ended up happening was lap upon lap of nose to bumper racing that came to a close with just 0.1 separation between us. Now THAT, was a buzz!

This sounds fun, can't wait to get stuck in next week (and before then if practice lobbies are going on), I will get some cars tuned tomorrow and see what I like.
just so you know there is a Renault available too 👍

Well, I must say the main series racing was MUCH better than what I was seeing in the Support Races. A lot of close action without any issues of being punted, overran, sealed out, any of that bother. A good job well done, guys! Now then, for my views on each Race:

Race One:
Well, 52.8 to set off proceedings was what I was hoping for in Qualifying, considering my laps prior to that were set at 265 bhp. The start was an absolute DREAM start off the line, held off well from @NinjaEvo into the first corner, pulled out a 2.3 second gap in the first lap alone and just tried to keep building upon it. I got nervous when I couldn't quite outdo @NinjaEvo and @buck1 on fastest lap in the early stages, and at one point I thought I might lose my bottle and become swallowed up in the 2nd place tussle. The pit stop changed that, however, and I found my rhythm and stretched the gap to 9.1 seconds.

Race Two:
I changed up the toe angle so I could hug the curb better for Race Two, hoping it'd bridge the gap of losing 35 bhp. Instead, however, the car was much slower than it should have been based on my practice laps at the same bhp, and ended up some 2 seconds slower overall, a BIGGER drop-off than the Scions and Toyotas seem to experience with penalties. Start went well, but the lack of pace made me feel the car had lost more power than what I thought I was running at, and ended up in the middle of the pack after some fantastic laps from @yuc2002, @xflow1390 and @FaithlessEmo at full capacity. Thought for sure the car would return to me after the pit stop, but alas, it didn't.

{Note: tried the car after Race 3 @260 bhp and pulled a 54.1 with the toe angle I had in the first and last race. Nobody was watching though, all left...}

Race Three:
Sincerest apologies for the skewed reverse grid, first of all. The internet bugged out on me and booted me from the room, so unfortunately I started higher in the grid than I should have. However, the battle with @DirtyNurbKing58 was epic. Every time I pulled away I would hit a corner as fast as I could, and without fail, I would straighten up the wheel, look behind me to see a big massive wall of pink glaring at me. One part of the race, which I urge you all to have a look at {Especially a certain soul} was either lap 2 or lap 3, right after the high speed left kink.

Nurb and I entered the corner, side-by-side, with me on the outside and him on the inside. He skidded on through trying to outbrake me into the corner, and I went for the cut back. Now, "THE BLUE BOOK" says I could have carried straight on through without issue because I was the inside line, ahead of Nurb, taking the apex. Pffft.... Sure blue book, lemme just rip that page out, wipe my butt clean with it and toss it out the window. KNOWING the next section of track is the narrowest part (using logic and experience) and KNOWING (through logic and experience) that if I carried on through like the blue book said I was allowed to, I'd end up crowding out and almost certainly wrecked Nurb's car in doing so so I lifted off and allowed him back through safely, KNOWING there was still another couple laps left of the race to pounce and didn't need to rush things. Oh would you look at that, my own logic and experience coming into play yet again. Who knew huh? :sly:

There were also times where Nurb could have slammed to door shut on me too, but with (you guessed it) logic and experience guiding him, as well as a heck of a lot of respect, he gave me the room I needed for the benefit of us both. What ended up happening was lap upon lap of nose to bumper racing that came to a close with just 0.1 separation between us. Now THAT, was a buzz!
For some reason I knew I was pushing it it didn't feel it. Only issue was the final corner lap 3 or 4, tries to hang it around the outside but clipped the wall

That moment scared me, you hit the wall on the exit so I had way more speed and all of a sudden i'm there, I thought crap and tried to stop, the car began to slide and I thik there would have been room on the outside, just, but as you said, you saw what happened and we managed to deal with it. I thought you were going to run away to be honest

Ideal, I know the BRZ is nice to drive and that I don't like the Renault as standard but with tuning and tyres it might be a different story. I may well have missed it but is there any restriction on suspension/differential parts and tuning?

Ideal, I know the BRZ is nice to drive and that I don't like the Renault as standard but with tuning and tyres it might be a different story. I may well have missed it but is there any restriction on suspension/differential parts and tuning?
Add any part you wish, excluding nitro. As long as it meests the specs your good

Sport soft tyres but can uuse racing rain in the wet

Aero parts, rear wing and splitter allowed, but no flat floor 👍

For some reason I knew I was pushing it it didn't feel it. Only issue was the final corner lap 3 or 4, tries to hang it around the outside but clipped the wall

That moment scared me, you hit the wall on the exit so I had way more speed and all of a sudden i'm there, I thought crap and tried to stop, the car began to slide and I thik there would have been room on the outside, just, but as you said, you saw what happened and we managed to deal with it. I thought you were going to run away to be honest
As soon as I felt the squeeze in the corners, I only had outright power to rely on, and even still, you gained back a lot in draft. I was always taking an early braking point in the last bend because I wanted to take a shallower line and not risk hitting the wall on the left on exit. Plus, tyre conservation, not that we need to with wear off, but Race 1 and 2 I didn't really spin the tyres up using that line, since there wasn't as much load and momentum.

I've seen it happen there a lot of times in my time racing on GT5, and backed out of the overtake for the sake of not spoiling a fantastic race, just because of some dodgy loophole that we blatantly know can result in some immoral decisions and bad blood in the long run.

This sounds fun, can't wait to get stuck in next week (and before then if practice lobbies are going on), I will get some cars tuned tomorrow and see what I like.
Note: It's not wise to overtune a car, either. Go for optimal torque with minimal power-limiting, it's my mantra and it worked for me so far.

Note: Isn't not wise to overtune a car, either. Go for optimal torque with minimal power-limiting, it's my mantra and it worked for me so far.

I was more thinking of suspension settings, I tend to avoid all power limiting where possible, but its an interesting idea, one I will have to investigate :D

GTTCC Mini news : Suburu today announced that they will be withdrawing at the end of this season. They will not participate in GTTCC-3, and this opens up a FR slot on the grid

Toyota are attempting to sue Scion after claims of identical chassis and bodywork

Matt Neal took a visit to the Honda factory. when asked about the new cars, he said he has seen them and they look promising. A new car in GTTCC is sure to be competitive

Hope everything is ok for next week @DR_ingo5

@Teuchter where did you go mate?

@M_AB_96 thanks for dropping out mate do you have your PS3 wired to the router?

GTTCC Mini news : Suburu today announced that they will be withdrawing at the end of this season. They will not participate in GTTCC-3, and this opens up a FR slot on the grid

Toyota are attempting to sue Scion after claims of identical chassis and bodywork

Matt Neal took a visit to the Honda factory. when asked about the new cars, he said he has seen them and they look promising. A new car in GTTCC is sure to be competitive

Yeah, that's fine, don't mention my 75 from 75 point scoring streak in Formula Rocket or anything, you know... :lol:

I was more thinking of suspension settings, I tend to avoid all power limiting where possible, but its an interesting idea, one I will have to investigate :D
Ah, I see. Well, go ham on the suspension! Tuning of that kind is allowed too.

It's OK mate, I didn't want to cause more harm to the servers as my connection wasn't actually working properly it turns out. Was it OK after I left?

Well don't I look like a tool? :lol: :grumpy:
More than you think. Luckily for you, someone reported the exchange yesterday and I kept an eye on it.

Since you posted your own postcode up I was able to determine that the car probably wasn't yours, but that it was more likely you merely lived at the address it was stored at. Which meant I knew the address. And then who lives at the address. And then your name, your age and where you go to school (or should I say Sixth Form) - just from that postcode and one picture of the Mini.

I've now removed the postcode from your post and those that quoted it. Be far more careful about what personal information you post on the internet and don't make up silly things like that again. The former is advice, the latter is a condition of your membership.
You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
Also, I live about half an hour away from you. And be glad you've got people like the individual who reported your post looking out for you on GTP.

I had a poor connection so taken myself out the equation. Was also pretty peeved off last night anyways. Haha

Yeah, that's fine, don't mention my 75 from 75 point scoring streak in Formula Rocket or anything, you know... :lol:
Guys is there a ghost in this thread? I'm hearing some weird noises.... I've check the boot of my car and all I've seen nothing that could be causing it. I'm just glad that Ninja is still in there gagged and bound though, thought I left the car unlocked... :sly:

Latest Posts

Back