[GTTCC-2] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S2 | xflow1390 is the champion!!!!!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 2,619 comments

What tyres should be available for wet races?

• Sports Soft tyres only

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • SS, Intermediates and Full Wets

• SS and Full wets only

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you saw this coming, why not stop it? Prevention is easier than a fix.
because I cared for this series for what it was. I tried to prevent it and I finally did, but then people decided to stick their noses in and ruin it. If you can't respond to my PM as per usual then please do not post.

This will always happen. Look at the supermarket price war. Aldi & Lidl are suceeding so Sainsburys decides to copy them. Morisons copies their prices. Tesco is forced to lie about their financials inorder to try and compete if someones copying what you doing is a good thing

This will always happen. Look at the supermarket price war. Aldi & Lidl are suceeding so Sainsburys decides to copy them. Morisons copies their prices. Tesco is forced to lie about their financials inorder to try and compete if someones copying what you doing is a good thing
Again the point is being missed. Theres nothing I can do about that and if they want to that's fine.
But when I simply say about last nights situation everybody knows that they should of waited for my instructions and not try to hijack the series. But they know this and instead of apologising and moving on to next week they decided to carry on criticise me.

because I cared for this series for what it was. I tried to prevent it and I finally did, but then people decided to stick their noses in and ruin it. If you can't respond to my PM as per usual then please do not post.

Fine, last post. I'm out. You want to talk about people stealing your ideas? Formula Rocket was my idea. Prius Touring Cars was my idea. Please remember that going forward.

To all the great drivers in this series who don't speak to me like I'm a piece of 🤬 under their shoe, thank you for the great racing. I've met some truly awesome drivers in this series and I hope to see you all again soon.

:banghead:

Matey you have two choices this is becoming a real faff now:indiff:

1. Carry on and except that (a) What's happened has happened deal with it, time to move on. (b) You do not have a monopoly over other series the game only offers so much, all us hosts have at some point had to deal with a certain amount of copy cat events. In my experience the originals are usually the best anyway.

2. Wrap your hand in and call it a day I for one don't think this carry on right now is doing you the series or your drivers any good whatsoever.

Make a judgement call announce it and smile it's Christmas for gould sake.:)

:banghead:

Matey you have two choices this is becoming a real faff now:indiff:

1. Carry on and except that (a) What's happened has happened deal with it, time to move on. (b) You do not have a monopoly over other series the game only offers so much, all us hosts have at some point have had to deal with a certain amount of copy cat events. In my experience the originals are usually the best anyway.

2. Wrap your hand in and call it a day I for one don't think this carry on right now is doing you the series or your drivers any good whatsoever.

Make a judgement call announce it and smile it's Christmas for gould sake.:)
I sad this ages ago mate, please don't you as well now :lol:. I said those who were able to see the problem and move on yes we'd continue. But instead some decided to continue with it

I don't see why this season has to be scrapped??? :(
It is one of the best series iv raced in, with some of the cleanest drivers, all of which I can trust racing wheel to wheel.

I don't get much time to get online/gt and this series is something to look forward to, I feel that Iv been comited/dedicated to the series by helping if I can and giving my opinion when asked.

I'm happy to put this all behind us and start practicing for the next round if everyone else is??? :cheers:

I don't see why this season has to be scrapped??? :(
It is one of the best series iv raced in, with some of the cleanest drivers, all of which I can trust racing wheel to wheel.

I don't get much time to get online/gt and this series is something to look forward to, I feel that Iv been comited/dedicated to the series by helping if I can and giving my opinion when asked.

I'm happy to put this all behind us and start practicing for the next round if everyone else is??? :cheers:
The reason I've been quiet is I said ages ago that its unfair on those who know what happened and have even told me they feel guilty, yet it carried on and people wouldn't drop it. For those who actually understand the situation I apologize, it's not fair on you guys

As I have told people now, the race will go ahead regardless next week. If after this the message still hasn't got into people's heads then it will be them who go.

Where's the big Monty Python foot when you need it? :indiff:
upload_2014-12-11_22-7-18.jpeg

:P

Put it to use True. I'll echo @V8-Johnboy 's views, and I mean this as supportively as I can as someone who both knows how to run a successful show here and wants to see you make a success of this, but you are being rather hysterical and it's killing your series. Whilst this is only a hobby, you are the leader of something. Make a list of all the leaders who whinge at the behaviour of the people they lead. No wonder people assume there's something of a gap to fill and take it upon themselves to make decisions. People don't respect your authority as host. You say you care for your series but you're not actually fighting for it - merely meekly giving up on it and running away. If you don't care about it, why would anyone else? I'm not gonna get embroiled in the who-did-whats, but if people aren't following your rules, kick them out. It's that simple. Take points off them, whatever you have to do to show you don't tolerate crap. You have every right to call off the whole night if people don't do what you tell them to. Instead of doing this and showing leadership, you've complained continually about something that you have the power to do something about, to people who you in theory have control over! People now know they can do this every time even if they don't say that. Your credibility as a host is low right now. If I was someone looking to join this series, this thread is a joke to read. I'd read it through and consider it all a disorganised chaos where nobody gets on - the races may all run to time and perfectly cleanly in terms of driving standards, but I'm not gonna know that. I just see a ton of arguments and frankly I wouldn't know who was in charge if I wasn't already aware. I see a series disintegrating itself to the point where I doubt it would last more than a couple of weeks. "Screw that for a laugh, what's in the next thread?"

Last edited:
Put it to use True. I'll echo @V8-Johnboy 's views, and I mean this as supportively as I can as someone who both knows how to run a successful show here and wants to see you make a success of this, but you are being rather hysterical and it's killing your series. Whilst this is only a hobby, you are the leader of something. Make a list of all the leaders who whinge at the behaviour of the people they lead. No wonder people assume there's something of a gap to fill and take it upon themselves to make decisions. People don't respect your authority as host. You say you care for your series but you're not actually fighting for it - merely meekly giving up on it and running away. If you don't care about it, why would anyone else? I'm not gonna get embroiled in the who-did-whats, but if people aren't following your rules, kick them out. It's that simple. Take points off them, whatever you have to do to show you don't tolerate crap. You have every right to call off the whole night if people don't do what you tell them to. Instead of doing this and showing leadership, you've complained continually about something that you have the power to do something about, to people who you in theory have control over! People now know they can do this every time even if they don't say that. Your credibility as a host is low right now. If I was someone looking to join this series, this thread is a joke to read. I'd read it through and consider it all a disorganised chaos where nobody gets on - the races may all run to time and perfectly cleanly in terms of driving standards, but I'm not gonna know that. I just see a ton of arguments and frankly I wouldn't know who was in charge if I wasn't already aware. I see a series disintegrating itself to the point where I doubt it would last more than a couple of weeks. "Screw that for a laugh, what's in the next thread?"
Perhaps the most seasoned series vet of GTP dropping in here and saying I agree with @V8-Johnboy and @rolo912011 here :)
Thanks guys 👍

Thing is I've been soft yet when I have tried to bring the hammer down people decide to leave, no winning is there :lol:

Do you see what you've done now furi :banghead: whenever you show up in a series i'm in, it heralds the death knell of it :scared::nervous:

This is a bad omen nurby i'm telling you, furi is a lamp :scared::nervous:

Guys, I asked ages ago to move on, yes I know I should act leader and all that yet I try to give a bit of leeway trouble starts, I try to sort things out and people don't like to follow the rules. Yet I cant dish out the pens or people will go. :indiff:

Anyway, to those who actually listened at the start, learnt and moved on. Thank you, look forward to next week 👍

Just got back and read all this - er, what happened?
PM 👍

Thanks guys 👍

Thing is I've been soft yet when I have tried to bring the hammer down people decide to leave, no winning is there :lol:
The only reason being is that people don't like to be criticised for anything and would rather leave and ignore it than face up to it, for the most part anyway. I'm different, I would rather be criticised because a switch in my head turns on and, even just to prove a point, I silence the critics. I know it's not a great example but, football, I get criticised for holding onto the ball and not passing as much as I probably should. One night I was told "pass the ball tonight" by the organiser, and it really got to me, but instead of driving home I faced upto that remark and in the three 20-minute games I bagged 2 goals and 5 assists. I gave him a right good piece of my mind afterwards but he simply said, "I only said that because your passes rip defences wide open, and I needed someone who can do that tonight."

Long story short, from a hosting side:
A) You need to just say something to people and let them react however they want to. If they listen and improve, great... if they don't, then they'll either leave or be kicked out. More space and less hassle for people who want to listen and learn. Sometimes you gotta make more mess before you can clean up, so if that means you only have a select few people racing every night that are dedicated and respectful of your decisions, go with it and more will come along. Before long you'll have 16+ people who are on the same wavelength, even if you've had to let go 30 other people that just couldn't handle playing to your rules.

B) Don't be like the people you're hoping to avoid having in your series. When people aren't doing something you've asked of them or maybe are overstepping their mark, don't make the mistake of throwing down the reins and screaming "fine, I'm done."... It'll look bad on you, any lack of respect certain people have towards you will only intensify, and the work you put it will truly be for nought. Face up to the problems, and go with whatever decision you feel you need to make to improve the situation without throwing in the towel.

@swiftsmith will tell you that the Rolex Series almost disintegrated in GT5 a few times, but in the last GT5 season we lost key players to the problems and though the series dwindled in size towards the end, the organiser kept it going and all was well. He even resurrected it one last season on GT6 despite everyone's distinct rise in RL activity.

@swiftsmith will tell you that the Rolex Series almost disintegrated in GT5 a few times, but in the last GT5 season we lost key players to the problems and though the series dwindled in size towards the end, the organiser kept it going and all was well. He even resurrected it one last season on GT6 despite everyone's distinct rise in RL activity.

This I can vouche for.

Back