[GTTCC-2] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S2 | xflow1390 is the champion!!!!!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 2,619 comments

What tyres should be available for wet races?

• Sports Soft tyres only

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • SS, Intermediates and Full Wets

• SS and Full wets only

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
my unlucky moments at yesterday's round at grand valley

Followed by the strange/unusual argument but ended on time for me not to be late,
I have never encountered so many distractions during a race night.

firstly, I'm ill and have been for almost a week now,
-race 1, 1st lap- My mum puts on the juicer so I couldn't hear the engine, causing me to go off :grumpy:

-race 1 again, later laps- my aunt walks by in front of the tv very slowly, causing me to outbreak and almost take out my team mate :scared:

-Race 2- I get a good position off the line, and eventually am fighting for third place behind buck, when my dad walks past the tv and decides to linger right in front of it for 3.5sec, causing me to go off and loose 3-4 places (all that effort wasted) :(

Race 2- my sister sits next to me on the sofa and drops some orange squash on me :eek:, which I couldn't wipe off my clothes since I was driving. This affected by concentration causing me to make mistakes.

Race 3- because I'm ill, I hadn't ate all day, so everyone in my family were eating and kept telling me to turn it off and join them. It got realllly annoying so I eventually turned it off (cus its just a game).

Honestly, nothing anywhere near close to this has happened to me during racing before.

luckily during these moments I didn't cause any accidents (I hope I didn't), so the only person I think deserves an apology is my team mate ric. I'm sorry for letting you and the team down, its been a bad debut to a new team and a return back to the series. I hope it goes better next round.
"It's just a game"....

The amount of times I've been told that! :lol: It is true, except that the challenge/competition is still real, it just takes place in a virtual world and for some (competitive people) it's still important.

I'm so glad that I have my own place. :)

Shame stig, I get fed up when my family only turn their net off 10 minutes before the race :/

With pens obviously nothing we can do about it. Emo does have a point, however the main problem with it is that if an FR wins then they have no chance of trying to finish high, but you do with an FF. I did a few number crunching (which i'm terrible at, so bear with me) but the FF cars still have a bigger percentage of their performance compared to an FR. I've came up with something that i'll be trying in the holidays. I've found if for example a 300bhp car gets a -5bhp drop, then a 270bhp car would need a -4bhp to level it out. But need to try this

I've had no incidents so points will be up soon.

Also, got my first Uni offer today :gtpflag:

Or did you thought of applying power penalties to FF cars and weight penalties to FR ?
Or maybe that's too messy. :boggled:
Hmm that's a point, will try that out 👍

Now w have the break and there's a lot of talk about things we can do. I've started with GTTCC-3 already but will be concentrating on that for now. If anyone actually wants to help, i'll open a convo thread (too early for a proper one). People don't have to test etc but if they're there just voicing their opinions is enough. let me know if you wat me to add you to it 👍

I'll want to be added, please!

Also nurb, definitely give the idea someone posted about going the %age route for penalties a test. I'll let you know a bit about how I was testing with cars in the series I have on hold right now. One hint though, weight tiers

I'll want to be added, please!

Also nurb, definitely give the idea someone posted about going the %age route for penalties a test. I'll let you know a bit about how I was testing with cars in the series I have on hold right now. One hint though, weight tiers
I probably explained it bad a few posts ago then, but yeah i'd been doing the % thing and I think it's the best route for us to go down. Personally i'd prefer bhp handicaps to weight, unless we can actually make them work without adding really huge amounts, which I doubt.

Round 5 - Grand Valley East Reverse
Race 1
Pole - yuc2002

1. yuc2002
2. StormPacer17
3. Buck_aroo2
4. Pamellaaa
5. xflow1390 (28)
6. ric1258
7. TheOldStig
8. ElCondensator
9. choochter
10. DR_ingo5
11. alex_salmon28
12. JOE9074

Fastest lap - StormPacer17
Lap leaders - yuc2002, StormPacer17, Pamellaaa

Race 2
SuperPole - StormPacer17

1. alex_salmon28 (Reprimand)
2. StormPacer17 (28)
3. xflow1390 (7)
4. Buck_aroo2 (21)
5. choochter
6. TheOldStig
7. DR_ingo5
8. Pamellaaa (14)
9. ElCondensator
10. ric1258
11. JOE9074
12. yuc2002 (35)
DNF. True-blue-8

Fastest lap - StormPacer17
Lap leaders - alex_salmon28, StormPacer17, xflow1390

Race 3

1. yuc2002
2. FaithlessEmo
3. True-blue-8
4. Pamellaaa
5. choochter (7)
6. ric1258
7. DR_ingo5
8. xflow1390 (21)
9. Buck_aroo2 (14)
10. StormPacer17 (28)
11. ElCondensator
12. JOE
13. alex_salmon28 (35)
Fastest lap - FaithlessEmo

Lap leaders - True-blue-8, yuc2002

Points and next round info

Apart from the lag again, it was still a good nights racing, even with the grid spreading out. Thanks all, see you in 2 weeks and have a brilliant Christmas :) 👍 :cheers:

Top ten including 2 drop scores so far

StormPacer17: 137
FaithlessEmo : 128
yuc2002 : 127
xflow1390 : 123
NinjitsuEvolved: 113
Buck_aroo2 : 111
alex_salmon : 110
STOCKY8A1 : 88
True-blue-8 : 80
Dr_ingo5 : 77

I agree the Infiniti is very similar to the Subaru VGT (the best :P ) or the Nissan while the Chaparral is at least somewhat different to drive and much more exciting IMO.
But I still don't understand why they don't bother making the cockpit view. Feels like job's half done, it sucks !

Top ten including 2 drop scores so far

StormPacer17: 137
FaithlessEmo : 128
yuc2002 : 127
xflow1390 : 123
NinjitsuEvolved: 113
Buck_aroo2 : 111
alex_salmon : 110
STOCKY8A1 : 88
True-blue-8 : 80
Dr_ingo5 : 77

Shouldn't I be in there as number 9? I have 82 points and have missed more than two rounds!

Personally i'd prefer bhp handicaps to weight, unless we can actually make them work without adding really huge amounts, which I doubt.

Weight doesn't work unless the whole series is based around it, a single make support race based around weight balancing could be good fun though, if you are interested in that PM me, I have something pretty much tailor made for that!

Weight also needs much higher numbers, if you consider it as a percentage 35 bhp out of a 260 bhp car is well over 10%. To do the same with a 1250kg car you are approaching 200kg (this is mental arithmetic at the moment because I can't be bothered to work it out properly but it gives you an idea of how much weight you need for an equivalent change in performance, this is why it's hard to get it right)

And what about PP penalties? I'm really unsure it'll work since the PP system isn't very accurate...
But I guess any car that loses 20PP should be equally penalized regardless of the initial PP score, no ?

And what about PP penalties? I'm really unsure it'll work since the PP system isn't very accurate...
But I guess any car that loses 20PP should be equally penalized regardless of the initial PP score, no ?
Not always but it could work.
In the convo thread we seem to think the % idea is the best route to go down, for now.

That's interesting, gives people the option of power or weight I guess. Would probably end up with everyone picking weight though, can't imagine anyone here thinks their car has too much power :P

Yeah but if you don't allow weight to be changed, I don't know if every car loses PP at the same rate regarding the power lost (don't know if it is very clear lol).

The PP is something I thought, but of course we can't do weight. But maybe see what the cars bhp drop is with say, 10pp reduction.

Adding you now Pam 👍

Yeah but if you don't allow weight to be changed, I don't know if every car loses PP at the same rate regarding the power lost (don't know if it is very clear lol).

This might be a low effort way of giving a rough percentage power decrease. Could save some calculation effort I guess.

I mean maybe it could match with the % system while being easier to manage. All this needs proper check in game, it's highly theoretical for now ! :lol:

Edit
This might be a low effort way of giving a rough percentage power decrease. Could save some calculation effort I guess.

That's exactly what I mean !

I mean maybe it could match with the % system while being easier to manage. All this needs proper check in game, it's highly theoretical for now ! :lol:

Yeah, if it gives an approx percentage it could work. Who is to say it will actually be followed though, all the cars (even the same models) are at different PP all the time at the moment I think.

upload_2014-12-18_20-51-42.jpeg

Yeah, if it gives an approx percentage it could work. Who is to say it will actually be followed though, all the cars (even the same models) are at different PP all the time at the moment I think.
HP penalties are certainly the fairest way of doing things. As has already been mentioned, altering the weight of cars can sometimes improve them slightly, unless the weight increase is stupidly high.... It would be a bit annoying having to alter a cars weight too, because it could mess up a really nice tune for someone and be an even greater handicap than anticipated.

The HP penalty done on a percentage basis is actually a really clever idea. It wouldn't be too difficult on race night either. 👍 It keeps things fairer, although it would still need to be tested.

HP penalties are certainly the fairest way of doing things. As has already been mentioned, altering the weight of cars can sometimes improve them slightly, unless the weight increase is stupidly high.... It would be a bit annoying having to alter a cars weight too, because it could mess up a really nice tune for someone and be an even greater handicap than anticipated.

The HP penalty done on a percentage basis is actually a really clever idea. It wouldn't be too difficult on race night either. 👍 It keeps things fairer, although it would still need to be tested.
Yep, it's not giving someone 'this amount' of penalty, but rather reducing the cars overall performance equally.
Of course testing needs to be done :lol:

Do you want me to add you to the convo mate? I'd be happy to have your opinion on things 👍

That's interesting, gives people the option of power or weight I guess. Would probably end up with everyone picking weight though, can't imagine anyone here thinks their car has too much power :P
Ahem...
Just thought I'd ask, but is the Ford going to be nerfed at all?

Not sure whether it's simply a case of the last couple tracks playing to the car's strengths, whether it's the tune I have had in place since Tokyo, or just a balance issue. It's not been THAT quick since before Tokyo, and part of me doesn't think the change in setup and driver talent is contributing that much to the car's results...

Yes, I am saying I think my car is OP. But at least it's been aired by the person driving it for a change... :lol:
You don't have to imagine. :sly:

Back