[GTTCC-2] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S2 | xflow1390 is the champion!!!!!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 2,619 comments

What tyres should be available for wet races?

• Sports Soft tyres only

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • SS, Intermediates and Full Wets

• SS and Full wets only

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The PP is something I thought, but of course we can't do weight. But maybe see what the cars bhp drop is with say, 10pp reduction.

Adding you now Pam đź‘Ť
Using the PP and dropping it as a means of balancing the cars would mean being over-specific with which upgrade parts we can install, AND, having a maximum set PP limit for each car at a given spec. Funnily enough, I mentioned a while back to test the idea of setting a max PP limit for a specific spec and include a parts list that achieved that PP number....

Problem is, we all have our ways of mixing and matching upgrades, so even in the same car, pp could vary as much as 5pp between drivers.

Using the PP and dropping it as a means of balancing the cars would mean being over-specific with which upgrade parts we can install, AND, having a maximum set PP limit for each car at a given spec. Funnily enough, I mentioned a while back to test the idea of setting a max PP limit for a specific spec and include a parts list that achieved that PP number....

Problem is, we all have our ways of mixing and matching upgrades, so even in the same car, pp could vary as much as 5pp between drivers.
Good point.I think we're over complicating this :lol:

I'm surely not against more specific parts, each time my car is slower than the Ford on the straights I'm telling my self "Crap I knew I should've fit the other turbo/exhaust for this track!!".
Actually I probably just had a bad corner exit but it keeos bugging me every time. :lol:

I'm surely not against more specific parts, each time my car is slower than the Ford on the straights I'm telling my self "Crap I knew I should've fit the other turbo/exhaust for this track!!".
Actually I probably just had a bad corner exit but it keeos bugging me every time. :lol:
Blame the car...I would. đź‘Ť

Some series are now restricting what parts can be fitted to a car, but I personally find that rather boring. I like to find what works best and use my own methods. I can remember my first full BTCC season in the Alfa Romeo GT, I learnt a whole new approach to tuning with that car and made something pretty special. It was 'my' car.

I find that different drivers will find their own way of tuning and adding parts to a car to make it more competitive, but realistically the differences in parts only makes a marginal difference in the overall performance of a certain car. The main issue is whether or not the car was balanced correctly (bhp/weight) in the pre-season testing. Anything gained by clever tuning is surely a bonus and a credit to the guy that tuned the car.

Blame the car...I would. đź‘Ť

Some series are now restricting what parts can be fitted to a car, but I personally find that rather boring. I like to find what works best and use my own methods. I can remember my first full BTCC season in the Alfa Romeo GT, I learnt a whole new approach to tuning with that car and made something pretty special. It was 'my' car.

I find that different drivers will find their own way of tuning and adding parts to a car to make it more competitive, but realistically the differences in parts only makes a marginal difference in the overall performance of a certain car. The main issue is whether or not the car was balanced correctly (bhp/weight) in the pre-season testing. Anything gained by clever tuning is surely a bonus and a credit to the guy that tuned the car.
Hence why I don't tune in testing. Adjusting the transmission to fit the top speed on a given track, yes, but no finer than that for me. I'm doing something slightly different in testing for GTTCC-3 but still not technically tuning as I would call it...

You still have a lot to do with the suspensions and transmission tuning. Actually I think it's the biggest part of the setup.

Could I be added to the convo please @DirtyNurbKing58
Doing it now mate :)

The tuning is what gives the driver that edge. When all the cars are balanced, lets say this for example;
The Honda and ford do identical times, without a tune. But if the cars are tuned perfectly, the Honda may be 1 second quicker. To me, that's fine. It's down to the driver to get the most out of their car, some people can, some people can't.

I'd combine no tuning and tuning, as some cars may suit the stock tune better than others. I've read that tuning can be more beneficial for fwd cars than rwd, so potentially if they're equal with no tune then the fwds may have an advantage when tuned. It's such a minefield though, you have to know the tune you're using is a good one or you'll mess up the stats and waste a lot of your time lol :ouch:

I'd combine no tuning and tuning, as some cars may suit the stock tune better than others. I've read that tuning can be more beneficial for fwd cars than rwd, so potentially if they're equal with no tune then the fwds may have an advantage when tuned. It's such a minefield though, you have to know the tune you're using is a good one or you'll mess up the stats and waste a lot of your time lol :ouch:
I've thought about tuning a car to its max plenty of times, but I suck :lol:

Also, some people don't want to tune their cars, they'd rather jump in and drive

I've thought about tuning a car to its max plenty of times, but I suck :lol:

Also, some people don't want to tune their cars, they'd rather jump in and drive

Yeh I've got no shame in admitting I'm just not a good enough driver or tuner to spec 6+ cars with each other, unlike some people with a similar skill-set to mine who start threads all over the place and claim they know what they're doing :crazy: They know who they are :yuck::lol:

Classic mini :lol::bowdown:

Fixed

Yeh I've got no shame in admitting I'm just not a good enough driver or tuner to spec 6+ cars with each other, unlike some people with a similar skill-set to mine who start threads all over the place and claim they know what they're doing :crazy: They know who they are :yuck::lol:
The balancing between each isn't too bad, but it's making each car handle perfect, then trying to spec. Sometimes you try alter a car to do something and it does the complete opposite

So glad to be shot of it all :mischievous:
I bet you are :lol: one makes were the best đź‘Ť

Yeh there's so many variables and you need to know all the little tricks like ride height glitch etc to get the best out of the tuning. You need to know what your doing and have others to back up your data. I can do backing up :sly::embarrassed:
That's where it started this season, the 5 of us who did the testing found the cars to be balanced, yet those who never tested them all complained they were too slow :/

The biggest annoyance for me is the weight, some people don't do the same thing and then say the car is slower. you find a car too fast, add weight, it goes faster. take it off and it's undriveable (cry)

,Success ballast for me (with different cars) will only be 100% fair if you used the same track every week there's too many disparities from track to track. Test your cars present them leave the choice open, then it's only the customers fault if its crap through lack of test effort:D
If they are close in the first place you will get a mixed track in my experience anyway :)

Last edited:
Edited

Top ten including 2 drop scores so far

StormPacer17: 137
FaithlessEmo : 128
yuc2002 : 127
xflow1390 : 123
NinjitsuEvolved: 113
Buck_aroo2 : 111
alex_salmon : 110
STOCKY8A1 : 88
Pamellaaa : 82
duker_86 : 82

Here's my two pence. I don't know what to do with tuning or modifying. I just set the gear ratio and drive. I can tell someone how I'd like to improve the car or how I'd like it to handle specifically and precisely. But I don't know what I change to get the correct improvement. I would love to learn though.

One thing is say about bhp penalties is.......

FF cars are generally faster in a straight line. And slower or lower lateral grip.

FR cars have generally more lateral grip. But are slower in straights.

So reducing the bhp by a value of 20%. And put some dummy numbers to this.

FF cars have a 10 on straights and a 5 in coners. FR cars have a 5 on straights and a 10 in corners.
Both numbers are 15 and balanced.

Now apply a 20% bhp limit.

FF cars get a 7 on straights and a 5 in corners. Total of 11.
FR cars get a 3 (less drop because it's a percentage of a lower value) and 10 in corners. Total of 13. Now they are not balanced.

Sorry if I'm confusing.

Here's my two pence. I don't know what to do with tuning or modifying. I just set the gear ratio and drive. I can tell someone how I'd like to improve the car or how I'd like it to handle specifically and precisely. But I don't know what I change to get the correct improvement. I would love to learn though.

One thing is say about bhp penalties is.......

FF cars are generally faster in a straight line. And slower or lower lateral grip.

FR cars have generally more lateral grip. But are slower in straights.

So reducing the bhp by a value of 20%. And put some dummy numbers to this.

FF cars have a 10 on straights and a 5 in coners. FR cars have a 5 on straights and a 10 in corners.
Both numbers are 15 and balanced.

Now apply a 20% bhp limit.

FF cars get a 7 on straights and a 5 in corners. Total of 11.
FR cars get a 3 (less drop because it's a percentage of a lower value) and 10 in corners. Total of 13. Now they are not balanced.

Sorry if I'm confusing.
Nope, not at all, that's the problem mate, but we think we've fixed it (hopefully)

:lol: Ooooh, I missed that one.... Good spot sir. đź‘Ť

HomerMaths.jpg

Touche!

I haven't got an answer for that. :lol:

EDIT// đź’ˇ Ahaaaa, got it..... Because I already have 2 titles.

How many have you got now? :P
Just seen the edit ;)

That's BTCC titles. Your first should be given to me as I helped you against those pesky Beemers, and the 2nd I had so many DNF's ;)

I have the title of worst driver. +1 to me :D

Back