[GUIDE] Historic Racing Car Cup

The Rm'd camarao was pretty easy. Winning with the lambo was very satisfying, you need to drive that like a hero to keep it in front. Best race in A-spec, shame they all aren't like that.

Hi thanks for the tips, I was referring to A Spec. I'd love to trade for one of the race cars mentioned if anyone is interested. I don't have much that's all that great but if you're interested let me know and I can send you a list of what I have to offer (I definitely would be willing to get rid of that fully tuned Cobra that is useless to me or the XJ220 I bought that is also a beast for me to try and handle)!

Hi guys, I have been stuck on this event for quite some time now, and I have tried everything to complete it. I have tried it with these two cars:

=> Buick Special '62 - with all available upgrades and slight tuning.
=> Lambo Countach LP 400 '74 - with a few upgrades and slight tuning

I would really like to know from you guys, what would be the ideal car to use for the event, please note that i only have about 680 000 credits and I'm on level 19.

Thanks in advance

If you fully tune the Countach it is possible but all possible upgrades are needed. (LSD, Suspension, and Aero parts from GT Auto.) Put the driver aids to 1 for traction control aswell because with a wing the handling is better. Also if the 2J or Toyota start infront you wont be able to win at Deep Forest! Cote d'Azur is much easier... GOOD LUCK :)

You can win a Toyota 7 from Like the Wind which should beat that pretty easy on A Spec. It can also win B but its harder. Make sure the 2J doesnt start in the top 3 spots.

You can win a Toyota 7 from Like the Wind which should beat that pretty easy on A Spec. It can also win B but its harder. Make sure the 2J doesnt start in the top 3 spots.

Thought you get the Konica Minolta sponosred Toyota 88C-V for winning the "Like the Wind" race....?

To the OP: As some others have stated, a "fully tuned" Countach will be capable of winning the races(that's what I used). It does take some "good driving," good luck it's fun ! :)

I beat it with the Shelby Cobra fully tuned. Thing had awful handling, but if you grab first place off the start then you can usually hold on. If you don't get out in front early you'll never catch up with it.

For the second race, if the white race car with the fan on the back starts in front of you, ram it hard in the first turn to put him out of the race. Just make sure you don't fall behind doing it.

Either the Camaro or the Lamborghini should do the trick for you. However, if you can get the Toyota 7 from B-Spec "Like the Wind," you will fare better. The Buick is just doesn't have the power-to-weight ratio needed for this race.

Somehow, in the first run through of this in B-Spec, my Bob was able to do well in a '70 Challenger R/T RM. Fully tuned it has more than 100 more hp than the Camaro but it is heavier (1260kg to ~1085kg).

Either the Camaro or the Lamborghini should do the trick for you. However, if you can get the Toyota 7 from B-Spec "Like the Wind," you will fare better. The Buick is just doesn't have the power-to-weight ratio needed for this race.

Somehow, in the first run through of this in B-Spec, my Bob was able to do well in a '70 Challenger R/T RM. Fully tuned it has more than 100 more hp than the Camaro but it is heavier (1260kg to ~1085kg).

The problem is that I am only on B-spec level 5 ( I hate b-spec to shreds, I just can't stand to watch the AI versus itself)

BTW, who is "Bob", I see this name mentioned in may b-spec threads, I know this may be a noobish question for you guys, but could you please give an explanation as to who he is.

The problem is that I am only on B-spec level 5 ( I hate b-spec to shreds, I just can't stand to watch the AI versus itself)

BTW, who is "Bob", I see this name mentioned in may b-spec threads, I know this may be a noobish question for you guys, but could you please give an explanation as to who he is.

Bob is the nickname of the B Spec driver. He sucks at low levels, but believe me once he is in the 20s he can pull off some crazy ****.

Hi guys, I have been stuck on this event for quite some time now, and I have tried everything to complete it. I have tried it with these two cars:

=> Buick Special '62 - with all available upgrades and slight tuning.
=> Lambo Countach LP 400 '74 - with a few upgrades and slight tuning

I would really like to know from you guys, what would be the ideal car to use for the event, please note that i only have about 680 000 credits and I'm on level 19.

Thanks in advance

As others have said on this and other threads, you can whoop up on the AI with the '74 lambo. I fully modified mine, every option possible including adding a wing. Then I upped my LSD differential settings to make the car much easy to drive. This allowed me to beat everyone w/o blocking. You will have to drive accurately and keep your speed up.

NEVER let the 2J or the 7 be in first, as long as they have to fight with a slightly slower car you can capitalize in the Countach.

For Cote d'Azur my line-up was :
Mark IV
2D
GT40
Z06
XJ13
Me!

I outbraked the whole group into St. Devote and never looked back, OP's tune worked perfectly! Won by ~1.7sec, even with some errors. I ran Racing Soft tires for both races.

On Deep Forest, I believe I had GT40 and XJ13 lead, and the 2J and the 7 were 5th and 6th place. Into 3rd by first corner, I got 1st just before the big tunnel, and was A-Ok! I had a moment though, on the LAST CORNER of the last lap in Deep Forest, I made an error and the 2J and the 7 passed me just after I crossed the line. Won by .056, but maintained a ~2 sec lead otherwise. Nerve wracking indeed, but A-Spec Expert is now complete, this cup was my last race in the class!

Best way to get one of these bad boys?
I have a few race cars as it is (908, Minolta, Ford Spec II) but **** me, how does one find one of the historic cars, easily(ish) and for a decent price? Would hope that it can be won somewhere, or that they do actually show up in the UCD. Would rather not trade (two reasons, I like the cars I have that would be of worth, and I'd rather get a full sense of achievement with regards to completing the races before I get in to trading, fairly.)
so ideas?

Think I'll wait it out...getting 4million aint hard, but it annoys me that some of these prize cars can not be sold again, which would result in two toyata 7's :(

I got the ford GT40 and only got 3rd in both races :( best bet is to go with the toyota 7 or the 2J race car 👍 i grinded it out with the toyota 7 then got the 2D, 2J and Jag XJ13 after ... :/

A Camaro RM '69 does the job on Monaco.

I had a good battle with a Ferrari P4 and a Ford GT40. I overtook the P4 and stayed behind the GT40 for a while because it was hogging the racing line too much and I couldn't get past it cleanly.

I got fed up after 2 laps so I started to push hard, the GT40 responded too but at the end of the 4th lap it pushed a bit too hard and lost traction in one of the corners. I passed it and stayed first and took the win.

This was the first time that I've seen the AI really going for it. It was definitely one of the best races I've had.

Back