[GUIDE] Historic Racing Car Cup

I got a Jag XJ13 via a trade and was winning the first race on Deep Forest and then got passed on the last corner for a 2nd place finish. I also was able to easily get 2nd on the Cote De Azure race but was WAY behind the winning car.
2nd Place is good enough for me though!

I found the last race of that series to be somewhat difficult with an XJ13, 330 P4 or Ford Mark IV (Deep Forest was easy). But after a few retries I got to first place. The 2J was winning but the other AI and myself teamed up and rammed the crap out of him, leaving him in the back in tears. 2nd place is not good enough!

I shelled out 4.2 Million for the Toyota 7 when it appeared in the USD.

I've tried all the suggested settings, re-entered the race countless times (zzzzzz) until that 2J monster was 3rd row..... and the best I've managed is second (I was winning until I smacked into the barrier on the last corner of the race!)

The T7 won't save you....

Anyway, I've realised what the secret is..... get better at driving!!:):):)

I actually used the 60s vette race car that is often in the lineup. Tuned it up and used racing softs. If you get in first early it's just a matter of blocking. It's doable several different ways but this vette has quickly become one of my favorite cars after this race.
+1
And yeah, you gotta race kinda dirty to win at Monaco with the Vette. Bump your way past the Chapparal in St Devote at the start, and don't ever let it pass or it'll just be gone. ;)

Used the 70 Challenger, race modded. At first I had it maxed out for power, but found I couldn't get better than 2nd in the second race. Dropped the turbo and just went in with an NA tune and came in first no problem. The key is to get the 2J away from pole position and then remain consistant through the turns. Don't hit the walls and block when you have to and you'll do fine.

In A-Spec, I won this with the Toyota 7. (The one you win as a prize; I could never find a suitable car in the used car lot that I could afford. grr.)

What I did for each course was figure out the approx. maximum speed I could achive on the longest straight, then shorten the gear ratio enough that I'd be just shy of hitting the rev limiter before I had to brake. The shortened gears helped me accelerate quicker. :)

I got through it in a spec with a gt40'69. B spec with bob on Monaco is a different story. You will need the Toyota 7 or 2J for bob and cross your fingers :)

B Spec is a bit trickier, but definately do-able. Make sure your driver is a decent level and only keep him ~80% hot or he will wreck/spin out.

Except at Cotex Diaper (or, as the real world knows it, Monaco or Monte Carlo), where Bob enjoys taking the Toyota 7 directly into the armco at the Nouvelle Chicane on almost every single lap unless you run him nearly ice-cold, at which point he's getting overtaken by a kid on a skateboard. My level 20-or-so Bob kept eating the wall almost every time he came around to it, trying to cut a corner that was impossible to cut due to a giant friggin' wall that he can't seem to see.

I recently handed him a newly-acquired 2J and he never did this even once and won by an enormous margin even against at least one other 2J (maybe two), with me instructing him exactly the same as I did with the Toyota 7. Well, I actually tried a broad range of tactics from super-hot to super-cool and everything in between with the Toyota 7, but with the 2J I just ran him super-hot and he never wrecked once. I even used tuning setups for the Toyota 7, which people shared online and claimed varying degrees of success with.

This is very achievable in A-spec, my whip was a 427 cobra fully modded. B-spec I have stop trying because the T7 isn't cutting it. So I'm waiting on a 2J to pop in my UCD.

In B-Spec the Toyota 7 does the job. Bob should be at least level 20-21 and you better hope he doesn't cut that chicane! Even if the 2J starts on pole it's doable - just takes a little luck!

And the prize car is worth it. Love the Alfa Zagato.

My Ferrari 512BB can help you! Just set the spring rates quite low and you'll be amazingly quick... if u want I can PM you my settings! ;-)
Please share your setup. I haven't tried this event yet for fear that my 512BB couldn't keep up with the likes of lighter race cars...but I do enjoy the 512 on other events. I've tried tuning it but haven't done anything that made it 'click' yet. It always wants to oversteer on hard braking. Trail braking? forget it! the back end will lock up.

Won both races tonight with a fully upgraded Cobra, all aids off except ABS=1, DFGT. It was hard, but fun. Trial Mountain I started with the 2J in 5th, the Toyota in 9th. Got ahead at or just after the first corner, the Toyota caught me on the 4th lap and I had to hold it off for 1.5 laps. I just made sure I took tight lines through the 'infield' corners, the second half I found I could match pace with it ok. I found it harder with the Toyota high in the field, it's much faster than the 2J on this track.

Monaco was a little harder, I reset until I got the 2J in 5th and made sure I was first out of the first corner (some slight wall squeezing there :) ). I had a Ferarri and a Jag between me and the 2J and could match/out pace those with clean laps.

The hardest part of both is controlling the beast that is the Cobra. I've golded the Top Gear Intermediate and it's on par with that Elise (on _those_ tires!). BTW I used the tune by Paulie's at Lion's Den (although I note he meant that as a 'fun' tune not a racing tune, maybe the Team Lotus one would've been more practical).

Oh also, I noticed that if you reset the PS3 and go straight to the race you seem to always start Trial Mountain with the same grid setup, which is the one I ended up winning with so you don't have to constantly re-load the race hoping for a good draw.

I can put up replays of my 2 races if anyone is interested, but most people have probably passed this by now :)

Ha!! Finally did it in the Toyota 7!! It took a lot of tries, but I eventually won by over a second.

What I think helped was this:

Dropped max speed in the transmission setting (for Cote D'Azure) to 200 mph. This helped acceleration, which you need more than top end on this course.

Rammed the Ford GT40 at the first sharp left hander at the top of the hill!! This caused him to go sideways and make the 2J and 2D pile into him and slow them down!

Cheating.... not really, the AI cars don't hesitate to ram you when it suits!!

Is it possible to win A spec with the 330, XJ13, or the Corvette C2 with tuning? I don't really want to use the Toyota 7 but i will if i have to. So is it possible to win this event with these cars?

Don't these races start with a rolling start now? Answers might be different than the older Historic Car threads.

I used a Toyota 7 because I suck and didn't want to grind it out with anything else. If I had the XJ13 at the time, I probably would have tried that. It seems capable, but I'm not sure about the rolling start depending on who is in front of you.

What car do I use and how do I tune it properly
THE B SPEC DRIVER IS SO ******* s*****
he doesn't even overtake them and he brakes so early
He's so retarded OMG
Someone help me

Win the Like the Wind event. Pretty easy with a Toyota Minolta. You win a Toyota 7 Race Car.

My Bob did it first time.

And one more thing. Make sure you are on the best tyre option possible.
Obvious I know, but that certainly helped me win it.
And as other people have said, 2J will monster it.

Back