[GUIDE] Historic Racing Car Cup

Deep Forest is doable with Toyota 7 but Cote de Azur is difficult. That power band is like a go-kart engine.... need to rev it up real high. But with with very short straights and lots of corners... it's hard to make up distance on the leaders, specially if a 2D gets up front.

You need something with good low end torque and of course handling. I had to bring the XJ-13 on race softs for Bob on this one.

i managed the a-spec with the toyota 7, deep forrest was tough but cote de azure(monaco) is almost impossible, racing tyres, get in front and dont let anyone past

b-spec was done around 40 times until i finally got hold of the 2j, 2j aced it first time

I did it in the lowly 74 Countach.

Bob took 20 tries in the Toyota 7. I tried it every time Bob went up a level. He finally made it at level 38.

Win the Like the Wind event. Pretty easy with a Toyota Minolta. You win a Toyota 7 Race Car.

My Bob did it first time.

This^^^

I tried it several times with Bob in a GT40 or Ferrari 330P4, no dice. First try with the Toyota 7 Bob won by nearly half a lap on both tracks (though the first couple of laps at Cote d' Azure were a bit hairy).

--Kevin

Toyota 7 B-spec 26 won Deep Forest easy, took four goes to win Cote d' Azure as on one corner the chaparell ahead kept crashing and my bob wouldn't overtake until he was back to 12th again and again.

Won it yesterday with the Jaguar XJ13 ' 66.

1966? this car handles better than 500 cars I know of today!

I just winged different tunes, not being expert, probably still way out of tune, but the key for Cote D'azur is sharp turns, (braking sensitivity LSD), a very close gear ratio (top speed 250KM), and a tall glass of beer. You will also want to cutoff the leader at the boat lock and smoke his vision from there on.

Get a XJ13 Racing Car '66 from winning the Indy 500 Miles A-Spec. Give it racing soft and tune it up to the max if you hope to win. And remember, don't make mistakes.

B-Spec, I haven't tried yet, so I'll give some recommendations in the chance I get bothered to do it.

Get a XJ13 Racing Car '66 from winning the Indy 500 Miles A-Spec. Give it racing soft and tune it up to the max if you hope to win. And remember, don't make mistakes.

B-Spec, I haven't tried yet, so I'll give some recommendations in the chance I get bothered to do it.

Indy, 500 miles? Are you nuts? ;) Yawning at the prospect. And I dont do B spec.

Jag can be won, Indy 500 A-Spec. GT40 is somewhere in B-Spec.

EDIT, turns out thread was 36 pages, not 1 oops

Indy, 500 miles? Are you nuts? ;) Yawning at the prospect. And I dont do B spec.

Very much agreed. I only bothered with Indy 500 to get to level 30 for the X1. And I only bothered with B-Spec because I had the X1. And I could only make to level 6 before getting sick of it any way.

Why does everyone like this Toyota 7? I fully tuned it and it might as well be standing still. Not that there's much tuning you CAN do, mind you.

I made my bob do it in the car I won it with. A '69 GT40 Race Car with a high RPM turbo. As long as you/bob get out in front early on you're fine. If the racing grid has the Chaparral 2J restart until it doesn't.

Sort of Off Topic but the 512 BB is amazing fully tuned. I used it in the Ferrari race and beat the Enzo.

Agree, took me ages of tinkering to find the right tune (which turned out to be relatively straightforward) which works for me as it initially handled like a pig, although it's still tricky on the limit.
Unlike a fully tuned Miura which is just heaven to drive.

Why does everyone like this Toyota 7? I fully tuned it and it might as well be standing still. Not that there's much tuning you CAN do, mind you.

I did the same thing but I turned on Active Steering and that helped it handle. Get Racing: Mediums or Softs. The car will stick well and much easier now.

In B-Spec, you don't have a chance.

For Deep Forest, I used the Toyota 7 but for Monaco, the 2J got far away when Bob finally managed to get in 2nd place. I had to borrow a 2J from a friend here from GTPlanet to win.

Oh, the prize is an awesome 10 million cr Alfa Romeo.:sly:

I seem to remember some people a while back saying a fully tuned Countach could win it, which is ironic as when I was (very) young it was always all about the Countach vs the BB, and it's only quite recently I accepted the Ferrari really was the better car. But in GT5 the old Lamborghinis seem to pwn all :)

In A-Spec I think there are a few modding options (some say the Camaro or racing Vette too) but in B-Spec it was the prize Toyota 7 for me, though needed to babysit at Monaco

At the weekend I took my newly-acquired Ford Mk IV to this event and had a lot of fun, Deep Forest was quite challenging (once the Toyota broke free and was fairly large in my mirrors for the rest of the race), Monaco was easier but mainly because there were two 2Js who kept clipping the corners and chicanes, ensuring me a relatively easy victory :)

I had no issue with the first race of the 2 in the Toyota 7, but the 2nd race is kicking my butt.

Pretty sure I used the 7 in both races, A and B spec but will try again as i'm not the greatest driver by any means.

When I took the Mark IV out at the weekend, the '63 Vette Race Car started at the front and surprisingly came a solid second, after me, overall. That was against two 2Js, a 2D, another Mk IV, me and a Jag XK13, oh and another Vette which came last (my maths tells me there was at least one other car but I forget what that was)

Slow and steady (almost) wins the race. Watched the replay and it barely put a wheel wrong.

Hello everyone,

HOWEVER, the way I - and a few others - have completed this event, is with the Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74.

You can buy the Lambo for about $300k off the Car Lot, or you can win it from the "Lamborghini Exclusive" event in A-Spec Pro, I'd recommend winning it as it will be new and you don't need to worry about Engine Repair and whatnot.

Once you've got your Lambo, tune it up. To the max. Add EVERYTHING. Including ride-height adjustable suspension; and customizable transmission. In addition: ADD A WING, the added downforce works wonders. (Also: I used Racing - Medium tyres)

Now, tune your Lambo. I dropped my gear ratios so the top speed was 260kmh (Approx. 162mph). A top speed of about 170mph will do nicely. Then drop the ride-height, I set mine to -10 front and back. I also adjusted the brakes to 6 front, 4 back, but I don't think this makes much difference.

The only setting I have is ABS at 1. However, I did turn the racing line on. I do NOT recommend you follow it (because it'll be too slow), but it's a helpful reminder that "this turn is tighter than it looks". Now you're ready to hit the track. The technique for both tracks is the same and you must follow it EXACTLY.

First, you must eliminate the bullcrap-fast-AI car the usually pops up in events. You know, that one car that is always INSANELY fast. Keep exiting and re-entering until there are (usually) two moderately faster cars, rather than one insanely fast car.

Second, you need to get in front AS QUICK AS YOU CAN, once the race progresses a bit, you wont stand a chance.
  • On Cote d'Azur, you can get to at least 3rd on the first corner. If you're not 1st by the really tight hairpin. Restart.
  • On Deep Forest, you can get to about 4th by out braking and running on the inside of the first bend. By the time you reach the first tunnel, you should be 2nd. By the time you reach the back straight, you should be 1st. If not, restart.

GOOD LUCK!

This worked for me, thank you very much! On B-Spec, however, I needed to win the 'Like the Wind' then used the Toyota 7. Wins easily on Deep Forest, but you need to keep hitting 'overtake' at Monaco all around the track apart from at the chicane, where he needs to back off. Pretty easy in the end.

Figured out how to beat this easily with the Toyota 7.
Struggled many times until I went to GTauto, spent half a million on chassis maintenance and tried again. I was reluctant to risk that much $$ but it was totally worth it. Beat cote easily by 18 seconds!

Did it last night w/ the camaro 69 RM....deep forest was a breeze. Little tougher on Cote d'Azur though. You have to get in 1st really soon otherwise you won't win. Restarted and changed tuning several times. I found tunings that worked for others don't work for me, basically because of my driving style and bad gt skills :-)

Moving away from this :crazy: race now.

Easily the best race in GT5... Love the Historic Races.
ASPEC-
I did the first 2 races with the Jaguar Xj13 & the Ford Mark IV (Aquired by that Birthday glitch). Took a while, & yes there was cursing involved.
BSPEC-
My Bob had no chance with the Ford & Jag, so i did what most other did, Entered the Toyota 7 you win later on & rinsed them

Back