[GUIDE] Historic Racing Car Cup

Well I'll answer my own question, you can do it in a Chevy Corvette Z06(C2) '63 with no added race mods needed :) just need 730k which I didn't need to do any extra races for and still got a mil in the bank. What a beauty of a car aswell :)

Updated the first post with Alternate cars according to a few sources and different threads. :)

The update is in red, obviously ;)

OK, enough of this Lambo and muscle car nonsense... I'm gonna throw my PS3 out the window, if I have to fight with the stupid AI over and over. I'd rather just grind on some good events to make a few million for a proper contender. So what's the EASIEST way to win this race? I.e. What car can you buy from the used car dealer to succeed? Is it the Toyota 7, or can you only win that?

[edit: nevermind... just saw the updated first post]

OK, enough of this Lambo and muscle car nonsense... I'm gonna throw my PS3 out the window, if I have to fight with the stupid AI over and over. I'd rather just grind on some good events to make a few million for a proper contender. So what's the EASIEST way to win this race? I.e. What car can you buy from the used car dealer to succeed? Is it the Toyota 7, or can you only win that?

[edit: nevermind... just saw the updated first post]

I'd persevere... Later on you'll need $4mill for the Formula GT, that's when you need to spend the money. Buying a Chaparral (I'd assume) is a huge waste of your time.

I understand that you're raging (I raged a ton on the last NASCAR Challenge), but you gotta just keep trying, otherwise you're just going to waste your own time more-so.

You're looking at about 2-hours-and-a-bit of solid grinding just to get the cash for the Chaparral... :crazy:

Keep looking in the used dealership for '63 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) I bought one for 730k and spend no money on it, won both races at second attempts, just make sure you start with the Toyota 7 behind you, and try and pass the Chapparel 2J within the first lap or you've had it. The Toyota 7 always get bogged down at the start and only really passes other AI cars on the straights. If this doesn't work you can put on or two turbo's on it to up the HP. I recommend an engine overhaul and an obvious oil change, it ups the HP from 599 to about 650. Very handy. It's a good all-rounder and you might be able to use it in the all-american race later. Not sure if it's a winner in that category yet as I haven't tried.

I just wanted to note that I won that race on my first try with a fully tuned Countach. Guys, believe me, just put max aero on it, lower its ride height, give it a short transimission (hell, I just bought a 5 speed gear box and it worked) and just hope that you can get p1 at turn 1.

Guys, Im such a medicore driver and still won that race with the Countach. Just give it a try! ;)

Try that, they're only 900kg

Just got to say thanks for the tip about the Countach. Ive just completed the event with it.

The Deep Forest race is the stuff of nightmares. I'd say you gotta be in first place by the first tunnel. If that 2J thing with the fans on the back gets out in front by the second set of corners after the first corner hairpin then there's no chance of catching it. The way I did it was moving over to the inside immediately after the start an taking the first corner on the inside. After that it's a case of keep checking behind you, hog the racing line, and try not to slip up.

Thanks for this guide! I was able to finally beat Deep Forest with the Countach. Now Cote seems like it will be even more challenging.

Last edited:
Just come back to this from last night to try and crack the gold, so today's efforts Lvl21 Bob can still only manage an unassisted 9th place (****) how ever Lvl3 Bob I just put in the exact same tuned Toyota 7 Race Car and managed an unassisted 4th place and lvl'd from Lvl3 to Lvl6...

I'm tipping that the lower skilled driver will win it before the higher skilled one at this point it's almost like the "older" driver has started to loose his skill? I swear he is i'm running the race one for one with each of them and the Lvl21 Bob has crashed 3 times already FFS only lap 2! and FFS is in 12th!

anyone any thoughts?

^ B-Spec Bob is quite annoying. My guy is only level 6, and has won 24/24 however there were some close calls :scared: , it's actually not a bad game-mode and does require concentration if done properly.

I just wanted to see what other people's lap-times were when doing this challenge? I managed consistent 1:15/16's on Deep Forest Raceway, forgot my Cote D'Azur times though.

It'd be a good measure of what setups and stuff work the best, and also how big of an impact gear ratio has on these tracks. I didn't change my gear ratio at all let alone any of the settings... I have a feeling it could have been much easier.

i thought i'll just check the oil in the Toy 7 race car it was fine..so i check the engine...500k FFS for a rebuild for approx 30 more HP...seriously if bob doesn't win this race i'm going to be very dirty

i had 5 perfect laps, and what do i see in my mirror, the toyota 7 coming from nowwhere and zooms past me on the last corner, and i finsih 2nd gutted

Thanks for the guide OP, it helped me win. On deep forrest make sure the Toyota is in the back of the starting grid, it was the only way I won cuz the AI cars block it also.

i had 5 perfect laps, and what do i see in my mirror, the toyota 7 coming from nowwhere and zooms past me on the last corner, and i finsih 2nd gutted

Me too, on the last lap that white really insane fast car that takes corners like no tomorrow just took off and i had no chance with the Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67 to catch up, im gonna win the Lambo event and try that car max tuned.

I used a fully tuned Shelby Cobra. This thing is INSANE, I had pain in the arms after driving it for 5 lalps. For 3! laps the Toyota 7 was right behind me, much pressure but it was so rewarding winning this event.

I used the same but man the Cobra is a handful at times!

Hi All,

I recently had a bit of difficulty in this challenge because of the cars that i have, dont really compete with the faster cars in this challenge
I read this guide but somehow couldnt bring myself to trying to struggle by in the lambo as suggested - so i decided to try something

I bought a Shelby Cobra 427 '66
I remember it costing around 200-300k if my memory serves me correctly
I completely max tuned the car - every possible option including full custom suspension and LSD controller
Racing Soft tires front and back
Here is the list of settings I used on the car:

Transmission Final Gear set to 230

LSD:
Initial Torque 16
Acceleration Sensitivity 40
Brake Sensitivity 30

Suspension:
Ride Height:
-15 -15
Spring Rate:
7.3 7.6
Dampers:
6 6
6 6
Antiroll:
5 5

Wheel Alignment:
Camber Angle:
0.2 0.4
Toe Angle:
0.02 0.05

As it turns out, I just tried the car on Cote d'Azur (the second race, and the reason the Final Gear is set to 230)
I won relatively easily - It took 2 tries.
Once you get used to properly throttling the car during acceleration, you can quite easily pull away from most cars

The car redlines in 5th a bit on the main straight, as well as the uphill section following Turn 1 (right hander)
It also redlines in the tunnel section, but again, just a bit, not too much.

I highly suggest this setup to anyone trying this challenge
I have saved my replay, and will upload some other time and will also try the first race shortly.

Cheers!

I've been trying with the 427 as well, since I had already partly tuned it for another race.

Still haven't gotten it done, but I think I can definitely do it. I'll try out the settings you suggest Nethereal.

I spent about an hour tuning the car and the oversteer at speed is still pretty terrible, but I've got some understeer at low speed that I'm having trouble getting rid of. It's really stupid you can't put a rear wing on that car.

couldn't manage this with the countach, just too hard to get ahead so they leave me for dead. ended up doing it in the buick '62 fully tuned up to 800+bhp. as long as you set the transmission up right so you have good enough acceleration to get ahead on the first couple corners, the ai is too stupid to get round you.

admittedly, i resorted to blocking when needed and had some assists on just to make sure i didnt spin out.

As it turns out, I just tried the car on Cote d'Azur (the second race, and the reason the Final Gear is set to 230)
I won relatively easily - It took 2 tries.
Once you get used to properly throttling the car during acceleration, you can quite easily pull away from most cars

Could you try that car in Deep Forrest also? Because its not that hard to win in Monaco, I won that race with my 512BB too. You just have to be P1 after Turn 1 and the race is over (just like in the real world, in F1 the Monaco GP is always over after the start-sometimes even after the qualifying)

And Im also going to try the monaco race tomorrow with my new fully tuned 240Z too :) Sounds like a decent challenge to me.

Does anyone have advice for beating Cote D'Azur in B-Spec? I have the Toyota 7 which easily won the races in A-Spec and I had no problem with the first race in B-Spec but I can't win this one. He always crashes into a wall somewhere or hits someone else who has and falls back to 11-12th place. I have the car tuned for cornering but it's not enough to compensate for his bad driving, has anyone had any luck with this?

What level are you on B spec? I had how babysit him through both races, but ended up winning pretty comprehensively. Used a Ford Mk IV and i was level 20 i think

I had a lot of trouble with that as well. It really takes a lot of luck. If there is no 2J in the front you have a better chance of winning as the other cars are a lot easier to overtake.

Make sure to set your max speed to around 155mph, it helps a lot.

What level are you on B spec? I had how babysit him through both races, but ended up winning pretty comprehensively. Used a Ford Mk IV and i was level 20 i think

Level 23, should be more than enough for this race but you know how badly they drive.

I had a lot of trouble with that as well. It really takes a lot of luck. If there is no 2J in the front you have a better chance of winning as the other cars are a lot easier to overtake.

Make sure to set your max speed to around 155mph, it helps a lot.

Yea the key seems to be reaching 1st as soon as possible, when he's towards the back of the pack crashing into another driver who's hit a wall seems inevitable at some point. I'm going to lower my max speed as you suggested though and just keep trying.

Last edited:
Back