[GUIDE] Historic Racing Car Cup

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by duchesne_813, Nov 28, 2010.

1. gthead01

gthead01 Premium

True Hyped. Wrong choice of words. The 2j is the younger, but generally accepted as the superior. Perhaps "lesser appreciated" would be a better way to describe the 2d. Anywho......

2. kroolu87

kroolu87

I've just done this event with Toyota 7 Race Car '70. With this car Deep Forest is easy to win, but Cote d'Azur is problematic.

All you have to do is drop gear ratios to 270 km/h (about 165 mph) and get to the 2nd place as fast as you can (first corner is very important!) - then you'll probably overtake 1st car between the tunel and chicane. After this the key to the success is to stay CALM and don't let to be overtaken by anyone.

How to get Toyota? It's a prize car in Like the wind B-Spec event. The easiest way to win this without any emotions is to buy Formula Gran Turismo in Online Collector's Dealership - I know it's expensive (5 millions) but it's one of the fastest car in the game.

Good Luck!

3. MoLiEG

MoLiEG

Anybody tried the Miura? I got 2nd in Montecarlo behind the C2 Corvette some time ago...

4. DarkWheel

DarkWheel

I've been trying to win this cup countless times with a Camaro Z28 RM, but I have had absolutely no luck. Am I using a bad car? If so, could you please tell me which car I should be using, some strategies to winning the cup, and maybe even the tuning set up of the car? Thanks - that would help a lot.

5. otakukid96

otakukid96

You're going to have to use a racecar for it, road cars either don't have enough power or are too heavy. If you can, get one of the 20million Cr. race cars or the 2J.

6. DarkWheel

DarkWheel

Is there any other car that would work that isn't as expensive as the cars you listed?

7. eran0004

eran0004

The Toyota 7 worked for me. You can win it in "Like the wind" in B-spec.

8. Blitz24

Blitz24 Premium

Toyota 7, Ferrari 330 P4 and the Ford Mark IV are good options. You could probably win Monaco in the Countach though.

9. IceMan PJN

IceMan PJN

Toyota 7 did just fine for me. Bob couldn't win with it, but I had no trouble.

10. DarkWheel

DarkWheel

Where can I find a Toyota 7?

11. Spirithockey61

Spirithockey61

You have to be level 21 B-Spec or higher. Its in extreme events. Its called "Like the wind". Do the two races and you'll get it. The two best to use for the historic are the Toyota 7 and the Chapperal 2J

12. DurWinning

DurWinning

2J Thats it that is the best

13. Exorcet

Exorcet Premium

2J and Toyota 7 are the fastest cars. Both can be had from a 1970 ticket, which you can trade for. You can back up your save and reload the ticket until you get the car you want. There are threads you can search for with more explanation.

Toyota 7 is faster in acceleration (good choice for Deep Forest). 2J is fast in corners (excellent for Cote D'Azur).

14. DarkWheel

DarkWheel

How can I obtain a 1970 ticket? Sorry for asking so many nooby questions...

15. gtnoobie

gtnoobie

Alternatively, you can send friend request to one of us with 2j and we can put it on share for you to drive

16. Gedi69

Gedi69 Premium

My bob won fine in it by about 23 secs

17. paunstefan

paunstefan

I did it with a tuned Countach, it's not so hard.

18. hairystig

hairystig

:tup:

Share the tuning set up, I'd like to try it.

19. paunstefan

paunstefan

Countach LP400 74': Weight reduction Stage 3, Window weight reduction, Wing type A and max downforce, ECU tuning, Engine tuning Stage 3, Sports intake manifold, Racing air filter, Sports exhaust manifold, Catalytic converter: Sports, Titanium Racing Exhaust, Clutch twin plate, Flywheel sports, Fixed sports kit suspension and Racing soft tires. So it's fully tuned. It's pretty hard to control, but after you get used to it you can win the race.

20. hairystig

hairystig

So pretty much just maxed out, what did you have gearbox lsd and suspension set at?

21. paunstefan

paunstefan

The default settings for gearbox lsd and suspension, I didn't change them.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  22. eran0004

eran0004

For Bob you have to adjust the tuning a bit, by adding 200 kg ballast to the rear. That helps him getting the grip down to the tarmac.

23. Blitz24

Blitz24 Premium

B-Spec is probably harder due to the fact that the AI cannot find a 2nd line on Monaco/Cote d'Azur. Any attempt = crashing into the barrier. Might as well be aggressive and spin the other guy if you could choose :lol:.

24. brooksy22

brooksy22

Completed this a long time ago now, but it was very, very tough in the early days without access to any of the Historic Race cars. I bought the Shelbly Cobra '66 and modified it with: Supercharger, weight reduction stage 2, increased body rigidity, 5 speed close ratio gearbox, racing softs, ecu, sports exhaust etc.

Despite all that, the thing handled like a dog with dreadful understeer and generally poor balance. The car was a match for the Ferrari, Fords, Jaguar and Chevy. Not the Toyota or the Chapparals. Deep forest was very tough thanks to the Cobra's poor handling and top speeds of roughly 168-170 on the main straight. Not very useful when the Toyota explodes up to 190! Eventually I won by making sure the 2J and Toyota were well back on the grid. Then it was a matter of trying to hold the 2 white horrors behind for 5 laps.

Monaco was easier in some respects because of the tighter nature of the track, it was usually easier to hold back faster cars. The first time I tried it the 2J won by about 30 seconds over the next car, so I knew it was important to make sure I raced only when it was further back. Many attempts later, I was in 3rd place after the first lap when the 2J crashed into the wall leaving only a Jaguar ahead of me. Victory ensued.

It's such a shock to the system this championship because you are so used to winning everything by miles and then suddenly you encounter this beast.

25. notsofast

notsofast

I won the Jaguar XJ13 by winning the Indy 500 and used it to great effect in the A-spec championship. All I did was do an oil change and throw on some soft racing tires becuase I assumed the car would lack cornering grip-I was pleasantly surprised actually.

Won both races by around five seconds. Very easy. I found the Toyota 7 came in second in both races with the Chapparels behind.

Dont trust Bob too much so I think I might leave the B spec champs until later.

26. bitley

bitley

This is super friendly of you, thanks for the opportunity! Sent an add request :-)

27. Felix

Felix

Same for me too , mind you mine was a chrome line version.

28. Morgoth_666

Morgoth_666

How do people even manage to find these threads in order to reply to posts from a year and a half ago? Even with searching, shouldn't it bring up several much newer threads about nearly the exact same subject?

29. silverdiamond

silverdiamond

I win Historic Racing Car Cup used toyota race car '70

and use racing tires full tune max speed put in 320 kmph

i win only no.1 10 lap race i cant win other race in historic 8laps

but before i try with toyota '70 and other cars iam not win because in use sport tires

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  30. BBTS6

BBTS6

Try the lamborghini countach that you get from the lamborghini trophy, just get all the spped upgrades and soft racing tires, and make sure that in the races the toyota starts behind you because he is your most competition.