[GUIDE] Historic Racing Car Cup

For a real challenge, try the Chap 2D. Very difficult, but doable. Most frustrating, yet rewarding, afternoon I ever invested in GT5.

Thought I would add my experience.
Managed to complete this cup 2 days ago. yay ^^

For Deep Forest I used the RM Camaro 69, with some specific tuning I found on youtube.
For Monaco I used the Lambo LP400, just tuned for max PP with added wing.

With this setup it wasnt that hard to be honest.

The Deep Forest tuning for the Camaro:
Ride height: (F -15.) (R -15.)
Spring rate: (F 11.5.) (R 11.)
Downforce: (F 17.) (R 47.)
Max speed: 300 km/h (186 mph)

Worked like a charm.

Hope it helps someone :)

Win the Toyota 7 from the B-Spec Like The Wind race. That's what I used

Lol tred that many tiimes but thhe 2nd race s hard! Keep getting 2nd and the number 1 is like 3-5 sec ahead of me :S And I have tried it several times even checked 3 different settings.. Funny thing is my B-Spec completed the History Cup with the Toyota 7 Race Car :S

best of luck to completing the race. Please use the search function on :gtplanet: next time. There is a very in depth thread on this specific race series.

You win a Jaguar XJ13 Race Car at some point in the game, use that. If there's a Ferrari P330 and Ford Mk IV in one of the races, you'll win the Dream Race trophy too.

You win a Jaguar XJ13 Race Car at some point in the game, use that. If there's a Ferrari P330 and Ford Mk IV in one of the races, you'll win the Dream Race trophy too.

After a lot of grinding the big money online games. and winning tickets in the game I have a Jag' XJ13, Ferrari 330P4, Alpha Guilia Concours winner, Toyota 7, Ford MkIV, Stingray, Chap' D and Chap' J.
In spec' A I can manage an occasional win with the Ford, Ferrari and both Chap's and once managed to fluke a win with the Toyota! The Stingray even fully tuned and upgraded is some way off at least in my hands and the Guilia will roll at the most inopportune moments for no apparent reason!

The main issue for me is the first track in the pair, which I find very difficult. The Monaco track, Cote d' Azur to GT5, is winnable with any of the above, although you will get some inverted views while campaigning with the Guilia!

I'm grinding for some more cars that are eligible, just to see if there is a magic car for the event!

it wasnt all that bad

RM camaro z28, just changed the gears a little so the top speed was ~155, made it as fast as i could, chassis reinforced, and some racing softs

the key is to get a good starting lineup, and if ur not in first by the end of the 1st lap in deep forest, restart

I had to borrow the Toyota 7 when I first came across this event. I used the old corvette race car, but lost to the toyota and the 2J. I borrowed the toyota and narrowly won against the 2J.
I recently went back to this event to test out the XJ13 for an online race and I smoked both the toyota and the 2J. It's doable in the "slower" cars, but it takes some practice.

Thanks for help been trying with the countach for 2 days with no luck might try full race suspension and try again, using dfgt. If i fail too many times again I will try camaro rm. (that bloody gt40 is too quick)

you actually find the gt40 fast? Cars like that are so slow. I have used my toyota 7,my marklV,countach and a xj13 and found it SSSSOOOOO easy

The old Corvette Z06 C2. But it's quite difficult to win with it, plus the car is hard to get.

The best option is the RM Camaro'69 since it's the cheapest. And it's not that hard to win with it with the correct tunning.

Monaco is hard, I have to admit, but I was lucky that at my second attempt, the Chaparral got stuck in the "bus stup" turn after the tunnel.

yes can someone tell me why that happens so much ?

I'm at a loss choosing a car to do these races in, or where/how to get one. I have heard the 2J Race car is a good one to use, but i don't have one.

I do have a spare Minolta 88C '89 that i could trade if anyone has a car that i can use in this historic race.

I'm at a loss choosing a car to do these races in, or where/how to get one. I have heard the 2J Race car is a good one to use, but i don't have one.

I do have a spare Minolta 88C '89 that i could trade if anyone has a car that i can use in this historic race.

That Minolta is untradeable, since it's over 1M Cr. 2J is the easiest way to do it.

You can borrow one to do the race, then get one for free on a 1970 bday ticket. 👍

Chat soon. :)

Last edited:
I did it with the '74 Countach. There is a setup on here that I used awhile back, but it helped me pull it out. It wasn't easy, as their usually is a 2J out front that runs away from the pack, but it is possible. Good luck man.:)👍

I did this race the first time with the Toyota 7, the prize car from the B-Spec Like The Wind race.

After that, I used a Ford Mk IV '67 so I could get the trophy for beating the Ferrari and the Jaguar. ;)

This is the most fun and challenging race in the game for me, and Deep Forest is my favorite track. I won it in a Countach and a 512BB, now I'm looking for other things that would be interesting to try...

I bypassed this one until I could do the Indy endurance event, won the Jaguar which tuned up a bit won both easily. I also spent millions trying to tune almost every other old car, got closest with a Ferrari BB. The Cobra was a waste of $$. First choice was the Countach but Found it too skittish. Funny thing then shortly after won two Toyota 7 and a Ford GT40 as prizes and bought the 2J in last year's half price sale period. And actually paid retail for the Ferrari P330, still waiting for the Ford Mk iV.

Also you can buy the premium Camaro 69? Race modify it and tune it, was a very entertaining and tough race but won both race first time out by under half a second!

Also the Race Modified Camaro has the coolest set of rear tyres in the game.

The RM Z28 Camaro is an awesome car in general. It's heavier and not as powerful as my Cobra, but it has more performance points. Super fun to drive.

Can't say the same for that RM Challenger though...

Yeah I went with the Camaro. Had to tune it after the race modification including adding a super charger. RH -10 front and rear. 1.5 Camber front, 1.2 rear. Toe I set to -0.20 front to help with turn in and a set of RM boots to win by -0.655 at deep forest.
Used the Countach to win Monaco.

Also the Camaro looks ace with a set of PDI P525N on and a nice ice blue paint. 👍

Camaro Z28 did it for me (eventually), with the race mod and every other tuning option purchased.

I started with the setup from here - http://www.gt5-tuning.com/index.php?title=Chevrolet_Camaro_Z28_'69 - and then I added ballast for a 51/49 weight distribution. I also set the transmission for 290km/h (Deep Forest) / 270km/h (Monaco).

For Deep Forest, I did heaps of practice laps to learn the car/track and break-in the engine. Once I was getting consistent 1:12-1:13's, I started the race with the 2J near the front and the Toyota 7 just in front of me. After a couple of attempts, I got lucky and managed to trap the Toyota at the entrance to the first tunnel. That put him in the back, and I managed to work my way into the lead in the 3rd lap. The Toyota just passed the 2J into 2nd as I took the chequered flag. I actually found the 2J really easy to deal with, it didn't really have the speed around the corners to put up a fight.

For Monaco, I got the Toyota just behind me and the 2J in pole. I forced my way into 2nd by the end of the first lap and took the 2J for the lead pretty soon after. The Toyota was behind me all the way, but it was just a matter of hogging the inside of each turn and blocking on the straights. Won it in my first attempt, but that was with a lot of aggressive block-passing.

Hi i need help on the last race of the historic racing car cup in the expert series.

Does anyone have a 2j race car they can put online that i can use? my psn is sniper_beast253

Thank You

Last edited:
Back