[GUIDE] Historic Racing Car Cup

If you have yet to be helped, just friend me on PSN and I will have it online :)

PSN ID is over <---

The trick, if you're driving the Toyota 7, is to add 200kg ballast to the rear of the car. Seems like it's too light otherwise to get the power down to the track.

Did it using an RM Challenger, pretty much have to run a perfect race though, with a little bit of blocking...easier on Cote de Azure than Deep forest, due to the lack of straights, the Camaro would work better though

This one missing gold cup in the A spec expert series has been bugging me for ages. I've tried countless cars and tunes and never managed more than a silver until yesterday when I finally won the Deep Forrest in the P330. I still can't get anywhere near the 2J on the Cote though. Has anyone managed it in the Ferarri? If so could you let me know your tune and any tips.
I'd really like to do it in the Ferarri having spent 20M on it.

StirlingMoose
This one missing gold cup in the A spec expert series has been bugging me for ages. I've tried countless cars and tunes and never managed more than a silver until yesterday when I finally won the Deep Forrest in the P330. I still can't get anywhere near the 2J on the Cote though. Has anyone managed it in the Ferarri? If so could you let me know your tune and any tips.
I'd really like to do it in the Ferarri having spent 20M on it.

Keep doing it wait until the 2J makes a mistake. You can do it harder i know it.

Since it seems no one else has done it, the Lancia Stratos Rally Car '77 is also a winning car at this event.

2cgoprp.jpg

Epic drag race to the finish line is epic.

iqknzt.jpg

The Deep Forest race is a touch easier, but you have to worry about the Toyota 7 more then the Chaparral 2J due to the longer straights and higher speeds.

Finally did the Cote in the P4 330 but with the 2D up front. With confidence boosted by the win I reloaded and tried again against the 2J but, although I can just about match his pace, by the time I've got through the traffic I'm about 6 seconds behind and can't make the time up. I give up. However I did win the Stratos Rally car so a new challenge awaits.

Has anyone tried the Alfa Guila tz2? Is it even worth buying, i.e. a fun car to drive? Besides for collection purposes?

The Alfa TZ2 insert-long-name-here is absolutely worth buying, as it is wonderful to drive, but it will get annihilated here. I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

I know the Camaro and Challenger RMs can get it done; (and have done so, along with the XJ13, P4, MkIV, '63 Vette, and 2D - I really enjoyed this race when I last touched A-spec). I've heard that it can be done with a fully worked Countach; I'll have to try it and the 512BB sometime. Muira? No way in the wide world I could have done it with Cobra back then, but I doubt that's changed.

I didn't like the Countach one bit, even tried several top tunes from here. I won the first race with the XJ and second with the 7 or XJ, I forget which. I couldn't tune the trans on my Challenger right though I did pull 4th with it after two 2Js were in 1/2

The Alfa TZ2 insert-long-name-here is absolutely worth buying, as it is wonderful to drive, but it will get annihilated here. I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

Seconded. If you have the credits buy it. You won't regret it. But I don't think anybody could win this with it. It's only 1600cc and hasn't got the power to keep up with even the slowest AI.

I am having so much trouble with this race, I am using the XJ13 Race Car, I Cant keep up with those other cars in the straights! let alone in the corners. Is there a better car I should use?

I am having so much trouble with this race, I am using the XJ13 Race Car, I Cant keep up with those other cars in the straights! let alone in the corners. Is there a better car I should use?

I used my XJ13 I won from the Indy 500, and I put a high RPM turbo on it and blasted them. THough I have to admit, the Chaparral 2D was giving me a hard time until I passed it and blew him away.

I used my XJ13 I won from the Indy 500, and I put a high RPM turbo on it and blasted them. THough I have to admit, the Chaparral 2D was giving me a hard time until I passed it and blew him away.
Were you drafting? On the ovals you need to, in anything. When you get to the front... by the way, I used the Ford MK IV for this cup... check your rearview. You can break the AI's draft by moving up/down the track and pull away faster 👍

Chappy 2d is a fun challenge. That series with that car taught me a deeper level of patience and focus on tuning. The 2j can be beat by its little brother, and the resultant feeling is incredible.

Chappy 2d is a fun challenge. That series with that car taught me a deeper level of patience and focus on tuning. The 2j can be beat by its little brother, and the resultant feeling is incredible.

The 2J is the little brother. :odd:

It took me a long time but the Toyota 7 is perfect,the hardest part is doing this race in b spec its even difficult with the Toyota 7

Back