[GUIDE] Historic Racing Car Cup

I just completed this race with the help of this guide. Thanks!!!

I used the Lambo (which I was doing all along), however never thought of restarting to get the quicker cars behind me.

Anyway, I was literally pushed over the line by that damned Toyota and won by 0.086.

Edit: That was for Deep Forest. I have silver on Monaco, just need to grab the gold now.

I also got a lot of luck on Monaco. The 2J hit the barrier and another car ran in to the 2J. Gave me a 5 second buffer.

Last edited:
I finished the cup in the Camaro Z28 RM (racemod and fully upgraded. stock tuning). Got a bronze and silver. There was no way I could have catched up to that leading car. I managed to stay ahead of the rest of the pack while hunting down my silver but the leader was over 30 seconds ahead of me as I crossed the finish line. I decided to give up the gold as all I really wanted was to complete the series.

Will try again with these tips and see if the gold is possible, thanks.

I beat it with the challenger, just jump to first before the first corner and block for the rest of the race you're good.

Finally finished Historic Racing Car cup in B-spec

Cote d'Azur in B-spec is really a bitch to conquer...those 2J race cars are really beasts, and my AI driver is really retard sometimes, monitor the race whole time and give overtake command only after the first corner

Used the Toyota 7 race car(prize car of B-spec Like the Wind), and tuned the suspension a little(set the height lower and roll bar lower), set the max speed a little lower to get better acceleration

The OP was on point and is also thanked for the sharing of the means to beat that sob of a race without spending a bagillion credits. Cote was easy, just punted the GT40 in the first turn and it was a cake walk from there.

Deep Forest was a bitch. I actually tweaked up the transmission setting one click higher at 168 to compensate for the max downforce on the wing.

Took me better part of an hour, but I got it done. Will be posting vid soon.

Thanks Again!

Okay this wasnt too difficult. First race placed third, second race placed 2nd.

In Deep Forest I was first the entire time until the 5th lap when that stupid 2JRace car blew by me. As for the second race, couldnt even pass him after the first turn, and by then, he was gone. Any advice to get two golds here?

Last edited:
IMO the prize car should have been Ford GT40 race car, and I think prize cars in GT5 are way less useful than those in GT4.

Hey guys,

Some tuning tips for the B-Spec Toyota 7 Monaco race.

1. Make sure you have the turbo and rigidity improvements added.
2. Purchase racing mediums.
3. Change your final gear ration to around 240km/h. This allows the car to accelerate better and overtake better whilst not sacrificing time over the straights as they don't hit 240 for long before braking anyway.
4. Change your rear toe angle to 0.00. Pretty sure the driver was getting stuffed around by the added oversteer (as they don't drive like us) and this was responsible for them hitting that corner before the main straight.
5. Not sure how much driver level factors into it but mine was 20 (and in good form/blue up arrow)

If anyone has any issues let me know, and let me know how it worked for you! I was running it without tuning apart from turbos for a while and wondered why my driver sucked. Tuning it slightly shot me instantly to gold. Stupid B-Spec.

Thanks dude!, thought I was gonna be on there forever.

My driver (lvl 19) still hit that barrier after the tunnel once but it was while trying to overtake so I can forgive him 💡

Just to confirm it's easily done in a Ferrari P4. But I'm not so sure whether B-spec Bob will be able to do it ^^
Got to level him up first anway.

Managed to gold Cote with the RM camaro, which is quite the enjoyable beast, but I couldnt get it done on deep forest. I ended up "acquiring" a Ford GTMKIV and a Ferrari P4, the Ford beat deep forest quite handily, havent used the p4 yet. Btw that ford has the sweetest sounds ever!

*EDIT* for the gentleman above, the prize car is a Lancia Stratos rally car

Just got it with the lambo, thanks for the tips guys. Must have lucked out on deep forrest, got that first try, the 2j didn't show up on my tail until last two laps. Monaco took a few reloads to get a workable grid, and a lot of kamikaze first corners but one of them worked eventually. The 2J came out right behind me but just like a previous poster he crashed after the tunnel and gave me a huge buffer, never saw another 2J the whole race.

I've learned that unless you are an absolute pro at this game, and you have luck on your side, you will not win with the lambo or any other non-race car. It just can't keep up with the faster cars, no matter how much tuning you do (and I followed all the steps). I was able to lead for 1 lap, and that's just because of luck in the first corner. The cars then have 4 laps to get past you.

I'm going to wait and save up my millions.

What was Kaz thinking? Why would he create such a race? This game is supposed to be fun, not frustrating. I maybe expect to see this race at level 25 or higher, but not when I'm only at level 18, with no means to purchased a proper race car.

I've learned that unless you are an absolute pro at this game, and you have luck on your side, you will not win with the lambo or any other non-race car. It just can't keep up with the faster cars, no matter how much tuning you do (and I followed all the steps). I was able to lead for 1 lap, and that's just because of luck in the first corner. The cars then have 4 laps to get past you.

I'm going to wait and save up my millions.

What was Kaz thinking? Why would he create such a race? This game is supposed to be fun, not frustrating. I maybe expect to see this race at level 25 or higher, but not when I'm only at level 18, with no means to purchased a proper race car.

You are one hundred percent right. I consider myself a veteran of sim racing games, and can hold my own. That video I took up there was only the replay of when it all fell into place.

But it can be done, and even if you don't like the Stratos Rally Car, :bowdown::bowdown: the elation you feel when you conquer it is why I race. It was a challenge, it was hard, I went at it for probably more than two hours. Once I even lost it at the finish line!

But it can be done. Happy Motorsport

i am looking for a good car for the historic cup coor A- and B-spec. but i don't want to spend millions. what are my options?

lambo countach is the best choice but only for cote d'aszur. Its impossible for deep forest raceway. You wont be able to win with this in B spec, only in A- spec. Borrow a chapparal from someone for the deep forest raceway(a-spec) and for all b-spec races. Thats what im doing now. You can find the tuning required for the lamborgini in the tuning forum under the "historic cup" title. Its on the first page.

lambo countach is the best choice but only for cote d'aszur. Its impossible for deep forest raceway. You wont be able to win with this in B spec, only in A- spec. Borrow a chapparal from someone for the deep forest raceway(a-spec) and for all b-spec races. Thats what im doing now. You can find the tuning required for the lamborgini in the tuning forum under the "historic cup" title. Its on the first page.

I did it but you must get in front of the Chapparals and Toyotas by the first turn, then hope that there are cars between you and them.

Mainly down to how the grid is drawn.

Did it in fully loaded Camaro 69' RM. No problem at all.

Same with a few tweeks. It was a sligthly heated race the Chaparral 2J Race Car was the biggest issue on the straights, really have to get infront of it right away otherwise its gone

I did this earlier using the Lambo (old, not new from used car dealership).
If you can lap Deep Forest in about 1:20 (standing start) and 1.14.5 (lap 2 and onwards). You will really have no bother.

If you set your gear ratio to 162 you will redline on the straight just before you come over the hill, so if you arent quite up to pace, be prepared to block just before the crest of the hill or someone might sneak past while youre airborne or recovering from the landing.

I did it with gear ratio set to 162, but 170 (i believe the next step up) should do just as well.

I had about 4 goes at the start, the best way i found was to accelerate hard to the left of all the cars and break late into the turn and rub along the 1st place at the time, taking the racing line. It is possible to do this repeatedly once you get the hang of it.

Cote d'Azur you can also take the lead at the first corner, my first time i used a bit of ramming but can now sneak through with no more than a graze of his front right fender.

Good luck to you all.

Back