[GUIDE] Historic Racing Car Cup

and try not to let them ahead of you because once they do it's like they got an extra 200hp

Last edited:
I got a good challenege for you guys. I used a 69 convertable stingray on deep forest with a 2j, mk4, 2d, c2, xj13, toy7 lineup a head of me and got gold on it, passed the 2j last lap and won by .500. 550HP, racing softs, full aero, stock tranny. Dpad, best lap 1:13.6XX. Its a very close race ;)

hey guys I'm looking to finishing this last race in the Expert series but its quite hard when you have no 65pp+ <1979 cars... Yeah so I'm hoping to borrow a Toyota 7 or Chapparel 2J to finish these 2 races, thanks in advance.

psn: needabrupt

Is said by others here. I would be glad to put a car on share for you. I ran that series with the Jaguar XJ13 (love this car) and later with the Ford GT40 '69

You can win both these cars in the Indianapolis 500 Endurance if you are at Lvl 28 or higher.
Jaguar in the Aspec and Ford GT40 Bspec. If you choose to go this route, I recommend the Bspec event in your X2011 or X2010 to get the Ford then you can go back and race it as a challenge later with a more appropriate car.
Send your Bob out in the X Prototype and let him run on his own for about 2 and a half hours and then collect your GT40.:sly:

Racin-Rev
Is said by others here. I would be glad to put a car on share for you. I ran that series with the Jaguar XJ13 (love this car) and later with the Ford GT40 '69

You can win both these cars in the Indianapolis 500 Endurance if you are at Lvl 28 or higher.
Jaguar in the Aspec and Ford GT40 Bspec. If you choose to go this route, I recommend the Bspec event in your X2011 or X2010 to get the Ford then you can go back and race it as a challenge later with a more appropriate car.
Send your Bob out in the X Prototype and let him run on his own for about 2 and a half hours and then collect your GT40.:sly:

Agreed the xj13 is a awesome car I use my chromeline in alot of races.

Thanks very much everyone I'll be borrowing UrieHuskys 2J. The Deep Forest race is the hardest out of the two races in the event.

Thanks very much everyone I'll be borrowing UrieHuskys 2J. The Deep Forest race is the hardest out of the two races in the event.

I found Cote d'Azure harder because of the stupid AI hitting the walls all the time.

But Deep Forest is tough as well if you've not got the right car - that Toyota 7 is really fast.

I've registered to reply to this post. I was having a difficult time to win this races until I read this.

First, I've won the Cote d'Azur race with the '69 Camaro RM fully tuned, on my second try. On the first turn I managed to pass the other cars and be 1st. After that, just held back the other cars, which was simple with the Camaro.

On Deep Forest I had more troubles. The Camaro was not fast enough so I made it with the Countach, after many tries. As I learned here on the forum, I restarted the race many times so that the Toyota 7 and the 2J were back on the grid. In my case, they started behind me, on 8th and 9th position. When I entered the first tunnel, I was on first position. After that, just need to be fast and control your back.

I'm on level 22 and so far this was the hardest competition on GT5.

By the way, the 23 level races are a joke comparing to this ones.

I did it with the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63, probably on racing softs. I needed to equip the supercharger or largest possible turbo at Cote d'Azur in order to win, tweeking the suspension set up was enough for the other races. It was challenging, but very "do-able" :).

I finally beat this race....with the Lambo! I got the wing, and, I fine-tuned & tweaked a few things, but, I did it! Thanks for the advice!

I finally beat this race....with the Lambo! I got the wing, and, I fine-tuned & tweaked a few things, but, I did it! Thanks for the advice!

I did it exactly like that but I always had the 2J or Toyota 7 start first second or third :/ it was very tuff but after a bit of time I finally got it B spec I was like no way and didn't even try

A car i was able to do it with is the 74 Interceptor. Max it out and you got 690bph and 815 flb of torque so you can actually have a chance with them :)

I am somewhat new to GT5, husband has been playing for awhile. We are both having issues beating the a-spec historic racing car cup. Have looked everywhere for suggestions. My b-spec is only a 9 so i can not get the toyota 7.

Looking for any suggestions. Or if there is anyone who has a toyota 7 or 2j that we can borrow? it would be much appreciated :dopey:

Add me on PSN, I have a 2J on share that you can borrow for the race.

(I'll have to delete you afterwards unfortunately, nothing personal just short on space)

Thanks!! Did you have any issues beating it, if you used your 2J?

My husband is almost done a race and will add you on his account and when hes done he can delete you and ill ad you on my account and then delete you.

We appreciate it very much!!!! :)

I didn't have the 2J back then.. I think I used the GT40? It was a very long time ago so I can't quite remember.

Either way, happy to help!

Pretty sure Urie will help you out with what you need but I won those races with the Toyota 7 and am happy to put mine on share if Urie hasn't got one which is highly unlikely :)

If you want to level up your B spec bob's then send them off to do the seasonal races they'll be at level 25 before you can blink.

Welcome to the wonderful world of GT5 and :gtplanet:

I appreciate the info!! I end up using Urie's 2J, but my husband still had to help me on the 2nd race =/ LOL

How do you send them to do seasonal? im still learning alot about GT5

and thank you :) everyone seems very nice on here

I appreciate the info!! I end up using Urie's 2J, but my husband still had to help me on the 2nd race =/ LOL

How do you send them to do seasonal? im still learning alot about GT5

and thank you :) everyone seems very nice on here

Poor figure of speech on my part, sorry :nervous: . You just go into the seasonal races and scroll along to the B'spec races then enter them using your bob. The seasonal races are 3 different PP categories, 400, 500 and 650. Start with the 400pp races these can be won even with a bob at level one. The Elise 111R is a good car for this or even a down-tuned Suzuki GSX-R4. For the 500pp the Honda NSX-R and by the time you get to the 650pp you'll be rolling in cash and hopefully have lots of cars to chose from 👍

Thanks!! Did you have any issues beating it, if you used your 2J?

My husband is almost done a race and will add you on his account and when hes done he can delete you and ill ad you on my account and then delete you.

We appreciate it very much!!!! :)

You don't have to delete anyone, Kristi. Most of us have cars up for sharing and as far as I know multiple people can use them at the same time. I'll even put up tuned or stock cars on request if I've got them. I found GTPlanet only a short time ago but most of the people here are very friendly and helpful. In short, it's a very good community.

BTW, as stated above, the Seasonals are where the money and XP are at. I had to start my GTP_Sarkazmo PSN ID just three days ago due to joining the GTPlanet WRS (Weekly Racing Series) and thus had to start GT5 over from level 0 for that ID. I shared a car from my main GT5 account and after only TWO races in the DTC Seasonal I made level 20 in A-Spec and had over 2.5mil credits. Now that ID is almost lvl27 and I'm just messing around doing the standard A-Spec events for fun. :)

Sark

You can also ace this in an XJ13. Quite a bit of fun battling the 2J. ;)

IMG_0378_zps0d29c613.jpg

Back