Gunpla/Gundam/Zoids model thread

• Thread starter Heldenzeit
  • 189 comments
Picked up a couple rare kits. One is the impressive sized Robo Strux Terox (Precursor to the Zoids Gojulas). This kit in this coloring was sold in 1985 (older than me!)
10441112_10206821779931348_5282001978139951562_n.jpg

11258815_10206821780651366_7916613012472136737_n.jpg

Next is the Snipe Master "Bone". This kit was originally only sold at the 2005 Tokyo toy expo. I added the red Customize parts known as the "Active Shield" upgrade.
11351322_10206823280128852_5005778217120087279_n.jpg

11377087_10206823280808869_2069473169062140380_n.jpg

Coloring vs normal Snipe Master.
11206030_10206823279528837_8174807097264227886_n.jpg

Picked up a couple rare kits. One is the impressive sized Robo Strux Terox (Precursor to the Zoids Gojulas). This kit in this coloring was sold in 1985 (older than me!)
11258815_10206821780651366_7916613012472136737_n.jpg
I was a Japanese kid frequenting all the toy stores in the neighborhood back then, but even I don't remember seeing that. First Zoids I recall seeing were blue & gray, or bluish gray. I'd guess this Gojira/Godzilla looking thing's pretty rare. 👍

Or I'm just too old to remember it. :P

I was a Japanese kid frequenting all the toy stores in the neighborhood back then, but even I don't remember seeing that. First Zoids I recall seeing were blue & gray, or bluish gray. I'd guess this Gojira/Godzilla looking thing's pretty rare. 👍

Or I'm just too old to remember it. :P
Some of the first line had a "good guys" line which were blue, while the "bad guys" were red. This coincided with the Zoids comic that was shown with Spiderman.
002.jpg

Hi, Just started buying gunplas again this year.
I'm still new to modelling Gunplas and Model Car Kits.
So far I have: (I'm a HG 1/144 guy until I'm ready for MG)
Dark Matter Exia, Exia Repair II, Exia from 00, and Gundam 0 or 00 Raiser/watchamacallit
Ordering Transient and Amazing Exia later in a 2 days.

I haven't even finished building my first gunpla (Exia from 00) 50% done, not counting painting.
I just look, and about to get started, read instructions, visualize colors and pretty much decides to ceebs everytime.

I really gotta get off my butt and work on the gunpla since i got so many car model kits and gunplas stacking up on my spare table.

Hi, Just started buying gunplas again this year.
I'm still new to modelling Gunplas and Model Car Kits.
So far I have: (I'm a HG 1/144 guy until I'm ready for MG)
Dark Matter Exia, Exia Repair II, Exia from 00, and Gundam 0 or 00 Raiser/watchamacallit
Ordering Transient and Amazing Exia later in a 2 days.

I haven't even finished building my first gunpla (Exia from 00) 50% done, not counting painting.
I just look, and about to get started, read instructions, visualize colors and pretty much decides to ceebs everytime.

I really gotta get off my butt and work on the gunpla since i got so many car model kits and gunplas stacking up on my spare table.

Don't be intimidated by Master Grades. If you can follow the instructions for any of the kits you should be fine. Master Grades were my favourite until Bandai created the Real Grade line.

Don't be intimidated by Master Grades. If you can follow the instructions for any of the kits you should be fine. Master Grades were my favourite until Bandai created the Real Grade line.
It's more of the issue that I'm too creative and take time visualizing compared to actually following steps and feeling lazy / feeling daunted. But effort to put in makes it worth the while than just daydreaming and procrastinating after feeling the zone I guess.

Each time I promised myself to finish the first kit, when I ordered 2 other kits, never really happened, I'm that lazy.
It's for my Mecha Sci-Fi novel/mixed media plan project. I haven't customized gunplas but I'm taking the first steps to do different color schemes.

Thanks btw.

Just happen to start getting interested in Gunplas because of my friends. I just ordered my first gunpla, HGUC 1/144 F91 Gundam. Should arrive 2 weeks later, looking forward to build it.

What do you think i should get for my 2nd one ? i'm thinking RG Aile Strike, RG 00 Raiser, HGBF Star Build Strike or just save money for MG Build Strike Full Package ? All of them looks great and i can't decide :lol:

some bit of news, not actually mine though.

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/85184/

my goodness...

Just happen to start getting interested in Gunplas because of my friends. I just ordered my first gunpla, HGUC 1/144 F91 Gundam. Should arrive 2 weeks later, looking forward to build it.

What do you think i should get for my 2nd one ? i'm thinking RG Aile Strike, RG 00 Raiser, HGBF Star Build Strike or just save money for MG Build Strike Full Package ? All of them looks great and i can't decide :lol:

Welcome to the fold of model kit collectors :cheers:

If you're just starting, yeah you definitely made a good choice by starting with an HG kit. For your 2nd one, I wouldn't recommend an RG kit unless you want to dare yourself :D, because they have the same level of detail (sometimes even higher) as the MG kits. Trouble is though, since RG kits are as small as HG, they tend to have loads of tiny parts, and so assembling an RG kit can be more finicky than an MG. Think of an RG as a shrunken-down version of the MG kit. If you want some practice and/or experience on assembling kits that have a lot of parts, you might want to start with an MG. In that case, I would recommend saving up for that MG Build Strike.

I don't always care for blings, but when I do..... yeah. :drool:

It's crazy. It's not even gold-plated, but actually made out of pure 24-Karat gold. That thing costs 20 million Yen, which is roughly 10 million Pesos where I live, or $161,000. Sits at 1kg on a 1/144 scale (HG/RG range). And the best part of that is that the whole figure is articulated. You can actually move the parts, but I recommend wearing gloves (a clean suit is a lot better) when doing that. :D

some bit of news, not actually mine though.

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/85184/

my goodness...

Welcome to the fold of model kit collectors :cheers:

If you're just starting, yeah you definitely made a good choice by starting with an HG kit. For your 2nd one, I wouldn't recommend an RG kit unless you want to dare yourself :D, because they have the same level of detail (sometimes even higher) as the MG kits. Trouble is though, since RG kits are as small as HG, they tend to have loads of tiny parts, and so assembling an RG kit can be more finicky than an MG. Think of an RG as a shrunken-down version of the MG kit. If you want some practice and/or experience on assembling kits that have
a lot of parts, you might want to start with an MG. In that case, I would recommend saving up for that MG Build Strike.

I might just do that since the MG Build Strike is actually a must for me lol, thanks !

RG 00 Raiser is one of the best kits I've ever built.
http://www.gaijin-gunpla.com/2015/05/dg-00-raiser-review-97-1/

Back