Hall Of Fame: Nürburgring Nordschleife

  • Thread starter Thread starter kekke2000
  • 228 comments
  • 40,045 views
Yes it's strange, but fantastic! Yesterday i tried to do a clen lap with a LV10 cobra, and I did it!!! As soon asm possible i'll post the replay. I'll wait for your lap with this car Mith...

Happy new year to all drivers!!!!
 
Welp. Here it is, bone stock, from the factory Cobra.

A/LVL1/Cobra 427/Off/8:10.277



And guys, it's either RS, Smith, Drift, or DriftSmith, Not "Mith" lol. sorry, just that just bugs me.
 
Welp. Here it is, bone stock, from the factory Cobra.

A/LVL1/Cobra 427/Off/8:10.277

And guys, it's either RS, Smith, Drift, or DriftSmith, Not "Mith" lol. sorry, just that just bugs me.

wow thats awesome! nice semigrip :)

added
 
Alright, I have a question. I did a level 10 lap in the Cobra, but got a black flag on a stright away cause I wasn't paying attention and drifted too far to the left at the beginning of the long stright. Does that still count?? I didn't gain any form of advantage and if anything it cost me a few tenths...

Also, I'm going to do a drift vs grip compairison with the same car. But which car?? It has to be a very drift happy one, and fast too. Supra?? RX-7?? 180sx?? BMW M3 GTR?? Soarer Twin Turbo?? help me decide... what's a very drift happy and fast sports car??
 
Alright, I have a question. I did a level 10 lap in the Cobra, but got a black flag on a stright away cause I wasn't paying attention and drifted too far to the left at the beginning of the long stright. Does that still count?? I didn't gain any form of advantage and if anything it cost me a few tenths...

thats not allowed sorry, since i wrote "- No Black Flags" in the rules i have to stand by my word
 
As soon as possible I'll post replays... anyway these are the lap times
A/LVL10/Cobra 427/Off/7:57.367
A/LV10/RUF Ctr/Off/7:06.628
I think in my next run i'll drive a speed 7...


P.S. Now i got it, i'll call you "Smith", sorry for the "mith"...
 
As soon as possible I'll post replays... anyway these are the lap times
A/LVL10/Cobra 427/Off/7:57.367
A/LV10/RUF Ctr/Off/7:06.628
I think in my next run i'll drive a speed 7...


P.S. Now i got it, i'll call you "Smith", sorry for the "mith"...

nice times dude! its added! 👍
 
I have a two simple (?) questions about Nurburgring:

a) How on earth am I supposed to unlock the reversed track? I mean, I find it pretty difficult to make three laps without a single mistake. And of course it gets really difficult when I get a very fast car.

b) I'm also wondering about the lap times I've seen. Have you been able to memorise the the whole track? I found it boring to memorise the track, so I never tried to memorise it. I just drove (not a good strategy, I know).

Please give me your wisdom and help me on getting 100% on free racing mode. I might then be able to stop having nightmares and start practising more in order to make a fast lap and enter the hall of fame.
 
I have a two simple (?) questions about Nurburgring:

a) How on earth am I supposed to unlock the reversed track? I mean, I find it pretty difficult to make three laps without a single mistake. And of course it gets really difficult when I get a very fast car.

b) I'm also wondering about the lap times I've seen. Have you been able to memorise the the whole track? I found it boring to memorise the track, so I never tried to memorise it. I just drove (not a good strategy, I know).

Please give me your wisdom and help me on getting 100% on free racing mode. I might then be able to stop having nightmares and start practising more in order to make a fast lap and enter the hall of fame.

A. I don't know. I haven't beat the game yet. No plans to really.

B. Yes, I can drive that track in my sleep. I love driving it so much I turn lap after lap after lap in GT4 and Enthu for hours on end. And my memory just memorizes things. I have a racers memory, that is I remember visually and in sequence. If I'm in one turn I can tell you which one's are next and how hard and where the bumps are and how fast in what car.

Also I don't find it boring to memorize a track, in fact I'm the opposite, I love memorizing new tracks, it's fun and challenging figuring them out, it's boring once you know them so well that you can drive them in your sleep.
 
I have a two simple (?) questions about Nurburgring:

a) How on earth am I supposed to unlock the reversed track? I mean, I find it pretty difficult to make three laps without a single mistake. And of course it gets really difficult when I get a very fast car.

Yes, it's difficult, but where's the joy when all things come easy? :sly:

And if you find that hard to do, try a race in Nurb reverse (I think you can do it in EL). One warning: the first time you do it, your car will be an entire lap more time all over the grass than on the track!

Warning #2: And you arrive at the carrousel in high speed and with your car off-balance, after a fast left ... :crazy:
 
as they say above, it is difficult but its worth it...

my tip is to use the Sectors, drive the first sector in favourite car until you do 3 clean fast runs in a row. Then go to the next one e.t.c. when you've done all the sectors, go for a full lap. It will probably take 5-10 hours before its all complete but after that you have a good startpoint for fast lap times :).

Always start off by braking early in the corners and then go faster and faster. If you start off by going fast it will be boring to cut the grass all the time.
 
as they say above, it is difficult but its worth it...

my tip is to use the Sectors, drive the first sector in favourite car until you do 3 clean fast runs in a row. Then go to the next one e.t.c. when you've done all the sectors, go for a full lap. It will probably take 5-10 hours before its all complete but after that you have a good startpoint for fast lap times :).

Always start off by braking early in the corners and then go faster and faster. If you start off by going fast it will be boring to cut the grass all the time.

That's a good advice. Thanks very much.
 
New time:
A/LV10/Caterham speed 7/Off/7:09.385

I know i'm late with replays, but i don't find time to upload them.
The "Cobra" belong to the B class not A class, please correct it.
About learning the nurburgring, i used sector too, after learning a new single sector select the full track and drive the sectors learned at once.

P.s. Sorry for my english...
 
New time:
A/LV10/Caterham speed 7/Off/7:09.385

I know i'm late with replays, but i don't find time to upload them.
The "Cobra" belong to the B class not A class, please correct it.
About learning the nurburgring, i used sector too, after learning a new single sector select the full track and drive the sectors learned at once.

P.s. Sorry for my english...

Thanks for noticing the Cobra thing, i have changed it now. I never doublecheck anything so it's good that you did it for me :). I've added your time! I hope everything is in order. :)
 
Wow! Great laptimes everyone! I would like to post times but I know I will just embarrass myself LOL :(
 
Wow! Great laptimes everyone! I would like to post times but I know I will just embarrass myself LOL :(

Dont worry, we are not the judging kind, but read the thread for some good tips on your way to a good time. Good Luck :)
 
New time with a corvette... Much drift, much fun!!!

B/LV10/Corvette Z51/OFF/7:37.075

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5ErpA3XIB8

thanks for the time :) new Class B Record :D Congratulations!

IMPORTANT INFO FOR ALL
I changed the format of the submitting, see the first post on how to enter your times now. I actually don't know why i haven't changed it before.

Enjoy! :)
 
I'm working on getting some times for D, E, and F classes. Renault 5, here I come!
 
Sorry, the times will not be coming any time soon. THe physics in the game are not all their cracked up to be. LFS has got it much better. When sliding or spinning, the rear wheels have less grip, right? Well, countersteering does absolutely nothing, and no matter what speed you were going before, hitting the brakes either makes it spin more, or snapback 20 times faster in the other direction. I cannot control my R8 when starting to spin, because it just flies back and forth until fishtailing straight into the wall. It also seems completely random when it does it. My tires seem to be using very little of their grip, and then it suddenly bursts into a tailspin with completely overloaded tires. The physics seem good, but it's difficult to get a hang of because of the little quirks that take ages to aquaint to. Every physical thing in the game is multiplied by about 100, and I just cannot get used to it. I've tried smooth steering, jerky steering, and everything in between. Any style I try just sends me everywhere, and the more I concentrate, the smoother I try to get, which causes me to not turn enough and understeer right off the track - then, the tires lose grip of course, and fling me around until I'm facing the other way, off the side of the road, watching as I get passed by the entire lineup.


[/:grumpy:]
 
Sorry, the times will not be coming any time soon. THe physics in the game are not all their cracked up to be. LFS has got it much better. When sliding or spinning, the rear wheels have less grip, right? Well, countersteering does absolutely nothing, and no matter what speed you were going before, hitting the brakes either makes it spin more, or snapback 20 times faster in the other direction. I cannot control my R8 when starting to spin, because it just flies back and forth until fishtailing straight into the wall. It also seems completely random when it does it. My tires seem to be using very little of their grip, and then it suddenly bursts into a tailspin with completely overloaded tires. The physics seem good, but it's difficult to get a hang of because of the little quirks that take ages to aquaint to. Every physical thing in the game is multiplied by about 100, and I just cannot get used to it. I've tried smooth steering, jerky steering, and everything in between. Any style I try just sends me everywhere, and the more I concentrate, the smoother I try to get, which causes me to not turn enough and understeer right off the track - then, the tires lose grip of course, and fling me around until I'm facing the other way, off the side of the road, watching as I get passed by the entire lineup.


[/:grumpy:]

are you playing with a wheel or a pad?
 
I know what you're thinking, but I'm afraid I do use a wheel, a DFP.
 
I don't want to turn this thread into another physics debate, but I'm going to try to help MINICOOPER120 clarify what it is he's having trouble with.
When sliding or spinning, the rear wheels have less grip, right?
To put it simply, yes.
Well, countersteering does absolutely nothing, and no matter what speed you were going before, hitting the brakes either makes it spin more, or snapback 20 times faster in the other direction.
Countersteering isn't supposed to be as sensitive and snappy as it is in GT4, nor is it supposed to have a 99% success rate in recovering from a slide (at least in terms of the first slide, in the case of overcorrection), as it does in GT4. Your GT4 experience, combined with Enthusia's relatively "slow" steering, may be the cause of your "countersteer does nothing" perception.

The braking part of your statement makes sense. The former is a result of brake lock, and the latter is a result of shifting the weight onto the front wheels, giving them more grip, and then overcorrecting.
I cannot control my R8 when starting to spin, because it just flies back and forth until fishtailing straight into the wall. It also seems completely random when it does it. My tires seem to be using very little of their grip, and then it suddenly bursts into a tailspin with completely overloaded tires.
Are you trying to successfully drift the R8, or at least escape from a powerslide unscathed? You should feel lucky that Enthusia has such forgiving R-class tires. The transition between grip and no grip is way too gradual.

Sorry, MINICOOPER120, but a real-world R8 would punish you even harder than the Enthusia one does. Much harder.
 
Oh geez, look who's here now... ;)

I'm not trying to powerslide, I'm trying to not spin at random times. The main problem I think is that any small steering input seems to throw off the balance of the car way more than it should... and once I start spinning in the R8 I can't seem to find ANY way to stop it, I just fling around and end up backwards. I don't think my steering is that aggressive either...
 
Back