Hall Of Fame: Nürburgring Nordschleife

  • Thread starter Thread starter kekke2000
  • 228 comments
  • 40,045 views
Well, for the record, Enthusia's R-Class cars are far from what I'd call "realistic." I can't remember where, but I once called them "just plain daft." As I just mentioned in the last post, the transition between grip and no-grip is too gradual, but also, the limit of traction seems to be on the low side. These two factors could combine to create your "throwing off the balance" problem.

Not that I've ever driven one, but if I had to guess, I'd say that the real-life R8 doesn't have a whole lot of "balance" to maintain. Just "grip" and "no grip." ;)

If you have questions/concerns about other, non-R-class cars, you can drop me a line via PM...otherwise, perhaps we should let kekke2000's topic return to its Nurburgring laptimes, or move over into one of the threads that already turned into physics discussions. :)
 
I don't want to turn this thread into another physics debate,

you can turn this thread into whatever you want as long as ppl can post their times :lol:
 
I'd gone off racing the Nurb for quite some time (used to be a big thing with GT4) but i wanted to have a crack at it in Enthusia so i took what i think should be the fastest car in the game...

Mazda 787B, Class R, lvl1, stock settings, no assists, 5'48.623 (Should be able to take around a second off that)

Aside from it being quite dark i'm glad that there isn't that much difference between Enthusia and GT4's version of the Nurb; makes settling in easier.
 
I'd gone off racing the Nurb for quite some time (used to be a big thing with GT4) but i wanted to have a crack at it in Enthusia so i took what i think should be the fastest car in the game...

Mazda 787B, Class R, lvl1, no assists, 5'48.623 (Should be able to take around a second off that)

Aside from it being quite dark i'm glad that there isn't that much difference between Enthusia and GT4's version of the Nurb; makes settling in easier.

It's added. Welcome to the Hall Of Fame. 👍
 
Aside from it being quite dark i'm glad that there isn't that much difference between Enthusia and GT4's version of the Nurb; makes settling in easier.

It kills me that the Ring is so disappointing in EPR. First off, no bumps (the carousels!) & then it's so dreary. I love the light effects in Burgensplurgen - light streaming through the trees etc. - cheesy I know, but I love it. Wish they had done a similar thing for the Ring.

One other thing: in EL every time the Ring came up it was reverse (until the KotY race)! Is that normal, or just coincidence?

I'll post some Nurburgring times soon...:)
 
Ford Focus Rally, Class R, lvl1, no assists, no flags, G25: 7.58.967
 
I think i know why Nurburgring is so 'dreary' in Enthusia. They've made the sky overcast so that they could have the light at such a level where they could do away with all lighting effects. You'll notice that even the cars have no shadows at Nurb. This would have been done so that the PS2's poor little CPU could keep up with the graphical requirements of such a large track and still be able to process the physics calculations (GT4 might look great but the physics just aren't up to scratch).

Only seeing the Nurb in reverse during life mode is just luck of the draw. I was offered it many times in both directions.
 
I actually suspect that they did it for "variety". There are a lot of different weather & time of day effects going on with the various tracks. I really like the "late afternoon" light effects of Burgensplurgen - they make the track more appealing to run & of course, the Dragon Range has nice effects. I don't know for sure, but I don't think those light effects would require that much of the CPU.
 
(LV1 BMW E30 M3 Sport Evolution C Class - No Assists) 8'58"869
 
Mick777
Mazda 787B, Class R, lvl1, no assists, 5'48.623 (Should be able to take around a second off that)
So much for a second...

Mazda 787B, Class R, lvl1, stock settings, no assists, 5'44.387

And for a wind-down session...

Suzuki Cappuccino, Class E, lvl1, stock settings, no assists, 9'36.297

After finding this i saved my game so that i have proof of stock settings.
 
Here's a few smaller classed cars for the hall.
Audi A4 3.0 quattro sport, class D, lvl1,no tuning,no assists,no black flags,= 9'10'786.

Austin-Healey MK1 (bug-eyed)Sprite, class E,lvl1,no tuning,no assists,no black flags,= 11'36'386.

MG MGB, class E,lvl1,no tuning,no assists, no black flags,= 10'23'213.

Morris mini-cooper, class E,lvl1,no tuning,no assists,no black flags,= 10'10'883.

I could have done better on the MGB, i ended up getting it zig-zagging around a bit in a couple of turns. That car for it's class loves to pop it's back end out if the driver isn't careful.
 
Seeing your run i thought the Mini, being a worldwide icon and all, would be a great thing to try. Can i say... Yuck!!! Maybe it's just because it's front wheel drive but i hated it. To add to the unpleasantness of it all, half the lap is spent teetering around the rev limiter in top gear. Nevertheless...

Morris Mini Cooper 1275S Mk1, Class E, lvl1, Stock settings, no assists, 9'52.653 (more left, but i doubt i'll ever run it again)
 
I've added all times. Please read the first post about how to post times, it's a timesaver for me. I've removed the old times now for you who have new better times.
 
A Class, LV1, RUF RGT, No Assists, G25, 8.00.20
 
Yup Mick777 that's exactly what i thought. Ah the mini-cooper, world famous and fun to toss around.
Until i took it to the Ring and found out that track is too much for that car.
If you are just wanting to get a taste of the mini, then run it on the Ring, you'll get more than your fill of it.
Only thing i know is on shorter tracks, it's a cool little car.
I believe i'll set me up a free race and make all my opponents the mini as well and then see what the Ring is like, at a later date that is.
As for better time posting, will attempt posting better.
 
added, thanks for posting You have to beat that 8

Yeah, I know. But it's easier said than done. Rerunning the Ring with no flags is not like dashing off a couple of laps on Tsukuba! ;) Had a couple of faster times with a wheel straying off into the grass at one corner. :ouch:
 
Yeah, I know. But it's easier said than done. Rerunning the Ring with no flags is not like dashing off a couple of laps on Tsukuba! ;) Had a couple of faster times with a wheel straying off into the grass at one corner. :ouch:

yeah it takes time to get a good lap, many tries and evil words :crazy:
 
My favorite is screwing up the turn at the end of the last straightaway after running clean through the first 172 turns... :ouch:
 
My favorite is screwing up the turn at the end of the last straightaway after running clean through the first 172 turns... :ouch:

Thats a classic, it's easy toloose the balance after the first High speed corner when it comes to braking.
 
BMW E30 M3 Sports Evolution, Class C, Lvl 1 - No Assists) 8'50"788
 
BMW E30 M3 Sports Evolution, Class C, Lvl 1, no flags - No Assists, G25: 8'49.231

(Had to rerun it because I noticed on my replay record my 8'50.788 run had a flag on it that I didn't notice at the time.)

RUF RGT, Class A, Lvl 1, no flags, no assists, G25: 7'56.890 :)

Where's everyone gone?
 
Looking at your video, Mick, I'm starting to think you have a PS2 that runs just a little faster than everyone else's! 👍
 
Looking at your video, Mick, I'm starting to think you have a PS2 that runs just a little faster than everyone else's! 👍

LOL :D

I'm pretty happy with the lap but there's one place that i wasn't happy with... The corner that leads onto the final straight. The damn thing just wouldn't tuck in.
 
Mazda 787B: 5'44.387

Now that i know about the in-game records i added the picture to the end of the video as proof of stock settings.

Could you please write that down the "real" way so I can get the Assists and stuff. I guess it's no assists.

Once again i will remind you all of the way of posting times...

example1: Class R (LV10 Mazda 787B - No Assists) 5'32"588
 
I didn't put details because it's just the video of the previously submitted time. Sorry.
 
I'm pretty happy with the lap but there's one place that i wasn't happy with... The corner that leads onto the final straight. The damn thing just wouldn't tuck in.

It's the corners at the end of the final straight that're the killers. After running the entire track with no flags, you're blasting along the straight with white knuckles, wanting to push hard through the last 4 corners... pushing just a bit too hard...

DAMN!!!:ouch:

Back to restart. :grumpy:

BTW: kekke, that C Class M3 time (8.49.231) is mine. I'm still waiting for Wolfe to bring it... :sly:
 
Back