Hard Drive Space - How much will be needed for GT6?

United States
Washington
GrimGrnninGhost
Hello
Im planning on getting GT6 (via gamestop) but will also need to buy a PS3. As this will be the only game I play on the PS, will a 12GB hard drive be large enough? Thanks in advance

Didn't realise you could get a 12GB PS3, surely that's strange since a lot of games end up using more than that with updates on top.

Try get a 40GB just to be safe.

Edit: Ok it's the super slims that are 12GB, weird.

Go for a normal slim or even a fatty with a bigger HDD, will be cheaper too.

There will be coming future updates like the track editor, patches, new cars and tracks per DLC. So I would say no!

On the UK PSN, the download version is 14.3 GB. The text description, which must be for the disc version for obvious reasons, says minimum HD requirement 256 MB recommended amount 20GB.

Didn't realise you could get a 12GB PS3, surely that's strange since a lot of games end up using more than that with updates on top.

Try get a 40GB just to be safe.

Edit: Ok it's the super slims that are 12GB, weird.

Go for a normal slim or even a fatty with a bigger HDD, will be cheaper too.
Yes there is a 12GB Ps3. I bought one two weeks ago. Its not a HDD its 12GB Flash storage. I put a 160GB SSD that I wasn't using into the PS3

Also the Superslim comes in a 500GB model as well as 12GB model

GT6 better be TEH BUSINESS, sitting here with a 80gb PS3 GT5 will have to go as soon as I get GT6. A PS3 with a 12gb hard drive sounds like total madness...

GT6 better be TEH BUSINESS, sitting here with a 80gb PS3 GT5 will have to go as soon as I get GT6. A PS3 with a 12gb hard drive sounds like total madness...
There is no HDD in the 12GB Ps3. Its 12GB of flash storage. I know because I bought a 12GB PS3.

There is no HDD in the 12GB Ps3. Its 12GB of flash storage. I know because I bought a 12GB PS3.
Are we going to start saying Storage device instead? I think Hard disk is still a term, even though not correct, especially when discussing... it's like FDD it got stuck even after it wasn't floppy LOL

Are we going to start saying Storage device instead? I think Hard disk is still a term, even though not correct, especially when discussing... it's like FDD it got stuck even after it wasn't floppy LOL

Flash means no hard drive of any kind and storage device is a bit of a mouthful.

There's enough abbreviations for storage devices as it is, there's HDD, SSD, SD and so on.

I have one of these as well and I upgraded the hard drive, worked out a lot cheaper than buying a 320GB Slim.

As for the OP, the download is about 15GB and you still need 30GB for installation, but 20GB in the long term is recommended, due to patches/DLC.

Well, I've swapped my HDD out for a 500GB one. I cannot believe I am still on my first PS3...
I approximate about 45Gb (after patches and DLC)

I said flash storage not storage device. I could have said 12GB memory but that would be incorrect. Also its correct to Flash storage because a Hard Disk Drive is completely different to Flash storage.

Don't forget if you take lots of photos to export and save lots of replays you'll need quite a bit more space. I'm going through deleting some of the less interesting replays and photos I have in GT5 to free up some space. I have 34gb free and am targeting 50 gb free by the end of bext week. Some free PSN+ downloaded games will have to go as I guess I can download them again if I want to (not that I ever played them).

In my opinion, 45 GB seems like quite a bit too much for at least the first Spec (if there's more than one Spec). I expect 20-25 GB should be enough, maybe not in the long run, but for now.

Well, I've swapped my HDD out for a 500GB one. I cannot believe I am still on my first PS3...
In my opinion, 45 GB seems like quite a bit too much for at least the first Spec (if there's more than one Spec). I expect 20-25 GB should be enough, maybe not in the long run, but for now.

Agreed that estimate is 20GB too much.

I bought a 12gb super-slim [£120] and a new 1tb samsung M8 [£58] to go in it, and together it was a lot cheaper than the 500gb model costs.

Plenty enough room for GT5 and GT6. :D

I'd go with 12gb super slim and 320gb SSHD that's the best you can get for not very high price.

Yes, SSHD not SSD.
Didn't sound too bad ...as soon as I saw this: http://www.memory4less.com/m4l_itemdetail.aspx?itemid=1470503488&partno=MQ01ABF032H&rid=1
Availability: Available for Order
Regular Price: $1,144.92
You Save: $686.95 (60% Thanksgiving Discount)

Discounted Price: $457.97
:crazy:

(I know, I know, you can get it at a lower price.)

EDIT: But so far the cheapest offer I've seen was around 100$. I saw a ST1000LM014 1TB SSHD from Seagate for 90$ and a ST500LM000 500GB for 80$ though...
If you're talking about the old Momentus XT: That thing is out of stock in pretty much all stores.

EDIT2: Maybe it's just me, but I somehow can never find any low priced toshiba drives in the retail market.

Last edited:
Back