Hard Drive Space - How much will be needed for GT6?

PSN version requires 14.3 Gb as a download. So you will need at last 28 Gb to download. That said, I think the BD installation could require around 6 Gb maybe? My GT5 game data are enormous by now, considering all updates and dlc...but this week I think I'm gonna "push to flush" and lay GT5 disc into its collector edition box. To never play it again most likely :)

Nope, just buy the 250Gb Super Slim version, or if you find a Slim version, the 160Gb version. I definitely would buy the bundle (The last of Us+GT6) + 500Gb Super Slim, but is expensive, yeah.

I'm concerned my 40 gig ps3 will not be enough for this game. This is the only game I play so basically the whole HD will be dedicated to it.But how much HD space will be actually usable for the game after I delete my GT5 save? Cleaned up the HD the other nite of all demo's etc that I could, the only game save I have is GT5 which shows at 11 gigs and free space is at 20 gig so I will have 31 gig to work with. Not sure how much actual space usable on the 40 gig hd with the os and all the updates for the system itself. Not sure if I can use a usb memory stick to extend space, like put any updates or dlc on.

Don't forget that the game itself is about 15 GB. That will give you back the 14.3 GB space you download the game to so you'll have room to spare. Just not a lot of it.

I'm concerned my 40 gig ps3 will not be enough for this game. This is the only game I play so basically the whole HD will be dedicated to it. But how much HD space will be actually usable for the game after I delete my GT5 save?
On your hard drive, your GT5 save is a drop in the ocean (a few MB). You can keep it and remove the other GT5 data (lots of GB) :)

Hello
Im planning on getting GT6 (via gamestop) but will also need to buy a PS3. As this will be the only game I play on the PS, will a 12GB hard drive be large enough? Thanks in advance
According to the digital version announcement on Polyphony Digital’s Japanese website, GT6 will be delivered as a 15GB download, which will consume 30GB of hard drive space on the PlayStation 3 once fully installed.

Ok stop pestering this person. just buy a 2.5" internal HDD 320 GiG will do. NUFF Said.

It's cheaper than you buy the 12GB PS3 model and a hard disk separately.

You can change the PS3's internal hard drive with ease whenever it is 2.5 "(typical of the notebook).

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/362

I recommend you buy one of 7,200 rpm which will reduce the load times of the game.
Question on that - should one of those drives work on an old fat PS3? I'm going to be transferring my data from a full 80 GB drive, and I'd like to get something that runs faster than a 5400...

Question on that - should one of those drives work on an old fat PS3? I'm going to be transferring my data from a full 80 GB drive, and I'd like to get something that runs faster than a 5400...

Yes, follow the instructions in the link. But keep in mind that the data on the PS3 HDD are encrypted. To transfer data you need 2 PS3 connected. You can not download the HDD data to a computer and if you put a new hard drive in a PS3 always will be formatted.

If you are subscribed to Plus you can make a backup of your save games in the cloud and then download the new PS3. If not, you can copy the save games to a flash drive but there are games that block the USB copy.

Yes, follow the instructions in the link. But keep in mind that the data on the PS3 HDD are encrypted. To transfer data you need 2 PS3 connected. You can not download the HDD data to a computer and if you put a new hard drive in a PS3 always will be formatted.

If you are subscribed to Plus you can make a backup of your save games in the cloud and then download the new PS3. If not, you can copy the save games to a flash drive but there are games that block the USB copy.

What about the data backup utility? According to the instructions, I can take all of my system data and back it up to an external source, and then transfer this data to a new system/drive... And when you restore from a back-up, it wipes all existing data. So would this not work even if I have the new drive completely set up and formatted? Do I really need a second ps3...?

What about the data backup utility? According to the instructions, I can take all of my system data and back it up to an external source, and then transfer this data to a new system/drive... And when you restore from a back-up, it wipes all existing data. So would this not work even if I have the new drive completely set up and formatted? Do I really need a second ps3...?

Use a flash drive or external hard drive and simply copy/paste your save data. The game data will have to be reinstalled, games redownloaded from the PSN store, but that's all. Anything else you have on your PS3 like pictures can also be copied in this way. You don't need a new PS3.

Use a flash drive or external hard drive and simply copy/paste your save data. The game data will have to be reinstalled, games redownloaded from the PSN store, but that's all. Anything else you have on your PS3 like pictures can also be copied in this way. You don't need a new PS3.

That's my original plan - I've got a 1.5TB external I'm going to back up to, but the data utility allows me to transfer literally everything, even copy-protected stuff. I'm pretty sure it's like doing a hard drive recovery. I can just take out the 80, put in the 320, and then use the external to do the recover back-up. At least that's what the system instructions have told me...

That's my original plan - I've got a 1.5TB external I'm going to back up to, but the data utility allows me to transfer literally everything, even copy-protected stuff. I'm pretty sure it's like doing a hard drive recovery. I can just take out the 80, put in the 320, and then use the external to do the recover back-up. At least that's what the system instructions have told me...

@Quakebass I did the same thing yesterday. Worked like a dream. Just do the backup, swap HDD, Restore.
I had to re-download my purchased items for GT5 from the Playstation store after the drive swap, but after that, everything was back to normal.
It took me about 3 hours in total with the data transfer (80Gb)

@Quakebass I did the same thing yesterday. Worked like a dream. Just do the backup, swap HDD, Restore.
I had to re-download my purchased items for GT5 from the Playstation store after the drive swap, but after that, everything was back to normal.
It took me about 3 hours in total with the data transfer (80Gb)

Yeah, I've just done that (after doing some heavy research). I'm waiting on a 320GB 7200 RPM drive (over my 80GB 5400), but my data's sitting backed up on a 1.5TB external. I've only been playing a bit of Borderlands 2 since it's easy to transfer save files. And it's all I really can play since my my PS3's been down and can't hold any more update data...

Not sure if this is where I need to be for this question, but here it goes. I have fatty PS3 and am having the 3 beep shut down. I have been reading so much on this I think my mind is going to explode. I see both sides saying it's the game, and some saying it's the PS3 overheating. I'm lost on what to do. I don't have the funds to just go get another PS3 so wondering if changing the HDD would solve this? Anybody have luck doing this, or am I barking up the wrong tree. I would love to continue to play this game, but can't. I'm not really looking forward to trying something and finding out it was useless. Any ideas would be of much help!

Back