Hardest race

• Thread starter whatupdet
  • 20 comments
I'm curious as to what you thought was the hardest race in GT3?
For me it was race 4 of the Vitz tournament in Professional, I received a silver and have yet to achieve gold. That race and the licences are holding me back from 100%.

The Vitz race was pretty tough, I remember that. I also remember I didn't bother to win at the Test Curse race...it just seems silly in a frickin' Vitz.

It's been awhile, but I remember gearing is really important, especially at SS Route 11. I don't remember much else about it, and the GT3 Professional portion of my website (where all my notes were kept) somehow got deleted awhile back.

The hardest race (from memory) in GT3 is

The first F1 World Championship race.
Just beat it two weeks ago (the last race I had to.)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102609

There's some good info in that thread, plus links to another 3 threads with even more info in them.

Thanks for this, I will have a read through later this evening and give it another shot. I think when I first played GT3 I never tried to Qualify for a better pole position in any of the races so I'll probably give that a try as well since I noticed it helped in the Formula GT Championship in Professional that I recently completed.

I think I'm going to try the other races mentioned here to refresh my memory of the tough races.

Memory not what it used to be, eh?

:D

Meh (as the kids say). I was at work; got distracted. I'm remembering the MR Challenge (Pro-level) was pretty tough. I drove a RUF and some other car. I mean, it's easier with a car that's got modifyable aerodynamics.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102609

There's some good info in that thread, plus links to another 3 threads with even more info in them.

Thanks for the information. This was the only race I had left to beat. The most difficult race in GT3 for me. Never liked Special Route 11 reverse and this race made me hate it even more.

The only thing left for me to do now is the Complex String time trial in the arcade mode. I will probably never reach 100% with this game.

Meh (as the kids say). I was at work; got distracted. I'm remembering the MR Challenge (Pro-level) was pretty tough. I drove a RUF and some other car. I mean, it's easier with a car that's got modifyable aerodynamics.

Just did the MR race at Laguna Seca in a Zonda C12S with hard racing tyres.

I started at the back of the field, by the time I made my way through the GT40 was 4 seconds ahead. By lap 3 I got the gap down to 2 seconds, but then I span off onto the gravel at turn 1. The gap increased to 9 seconds. By the end I got the gap down to 2.5 seconds, but it still wasn't enough. The AI C12S was a good 45-50 seconds behind me by the finish, that GT40 is too damn fast.

And I would have succeeded too, if it wern't for that meddling spin...

EDIT: I'm thankful for the fact that Professional races have no rubberbanding, it makes it so much more fun. It's more fun to lose than to win a race with rubberbanding where driver skill has no affect on the race result.

I only bought GT3 today and have barely gotten the Sunday and Clubman Cups done, except for the Clubman Cup race on Deep Forest I can only get 2nd on. The other races in those cups weren't too hard in my Trueno with a few power mods, but I just can't get Deep Forest done cause of that damn MR-S. I tried more than once before my Dad wanted to watch TV, and on my last try before I turned off the PS2, I lost to the MR-S by only .072. My dad watched and agreed that it was a brutal beat.

The final race in Formula GT. You can't be expected to win when your oil is super brown and your tires wear out faster than everyone else. That is, until I made the hardest one stuck on the wall (the one before the small chicane) for 99 laps.

Most of the Yaris (Vitz) series races were the hardest for me. I haven't finished the series yet, so I should really have another go at it soon.

For some unknown reason it took me an embarrassingly long time to beat the Italian Avant Garde in the Professional league... bloody Zondas... etc, etc :grumpy:

Dayum, Professional League is HARD
I just finished everything is Amateur (except the dream car cup since you need IA for it) and started the spider&roadster in pro, and it took me almost 2 hours just to complete the first two races. Of course that will make victories more rewarding.

The Toyota Yaris/Vitz pro championship. Its boring, long and the races are very difficult. Currently doing it now, I`m first on SS11 on the 5th lap, taking a little break before I end up falling asleep from boredom. After the race, I`m calling quits. Predict I`ll get the Altezza LM race car. Well I hope.:nervous:

Back