Harry's Trans Am WS6

• Thread starter Harry6784
  • 446 comments
Just made it through finals week (barely :lol:) so I just got around to doing everything I've been putting off for 2 weeks. Bled the brakes, clutch and fixed an electrical issue with my turn signals. She's back to running at 100% .

Also, finally got to use my Motive Power bleeder, this thing is awesome!!! No more having to bribe people to manage the brake pedal while I crack the bleeder screw. Just pressurize the system and let air do the work for you :D

2190467photo_3.JPG

Just made it through finals week (barely :lol:) so I just got around to doing everything I've been putting off for 2 weeks. Bled the brakes, clutch and fixed an electrical issue with my turn signals. She's back to running at 100% .

Also, finally got to use my Motive Power bleeder, this thing is awesome!!! No more having to bribe people to manage the brake pedal while I crack the bleeder screw. Just pressurize the system and let air do the work for you :D

2190467photo_3.JPG
I have a mini-hand held one of those and it works great. I've used a powered one when I was in high school. It was really cool.

The INTIMD8R is back!

:lol: Love that plate. I'm going to look into one of those mechanisms. I hate waiting for friends to come over and "help" with bleeding the brakes. 9 times out of 10, they're useless.

Also, yay or nay?

I'm leaning towards yay... but gotta work my ass off the next couple of weeks to get dem A's in Uni. Finals are coming up and I've got papers and projects due.

Since this is close to the WS6, what should I look out for? As in, parts that are expensive that should be in good condition. *I've worked with old Firebirds, not modern ones :P

Last edited:
The INTIMD8R is back!

:lol: Love that plate. I'm going to look into one of those mechanisms. I hate waiting for friends to come over and "help" with bleeding the brakes. 9 times out of 10, they're useless.

Yea, makes the process soooo much easier...

Also, yay or nay?

I'm leaning towards yay... but gotta work my ass off the next couple of weeks to get dem A's in Uni. Finals are coming up and I've got papers and projects due.

Since this is close to the WS6, what should I look out for? As in, parts that are expensive that should be in good condition. *I've worked with old Firebirds, not modern ones :P

A Formula, nice! Yea things to look for, lets see...

1. Headlights. Make sure they actually work and move up and down.
2. Usual fluid stuff, make sure there's enough oil, coolant, PS fluid...etc
3. Check for fluid leaks around the block, under the car if you can.
4. Passenger window, the way it's wired from GM it feeds off the power from driver side window so it's not getting optimum voltage to the motor slowing it down and eventually dying. Make sure it works.
5. Radio, check for blown speakers.

Nothing else I can think of, these cars aren't known for having major breakdowns. Here's some more info on what to look for.

Car looks like it was taken care of so you're in good shape. Good luck!

The INTIMD8R is back!

Also, yay or nay?

Sorry for the hijack but it's very very important to check to see if the water pump and optispark distributor have been replaced and if not check to see if the water pump is leaking or if it has a miss. Ignition issues aren't fun on an lt1

Thanks guys 👍

@Harry6784 what is your vision for the car? Now that you've got a lift at home.

My car? Well... :sly:

Plan is to turn this car into a M3 eating canyon carver.

With Strano sway bars, fays2 watts link, sub-frame connectors and some lightweight Forgestar wheels + NT05's my car should be able to keep up with a C6 Corvette in the twisties. But first thing's first, I'm finally gunna get that exhaust I've been meaning to buy for the past year :embarrassed:

2190467photo_3.JPG
That bleeder would be very convenient for sure.

Also, yay or nay?

Firebird Formula's are VERY nice. Pretty much the closest you will get to the WS6 for quite a bit less money. I had a 1996 Formula with the 5.7, 6 speed, t tops, leather and just loaded. LOVED that car. If you get one with the T-56 6 speed, make sure to check each gear while driving. Once in gear, let off the gas, hit the gas, and let off the gas. If the shifter pops out of gear, that trans is going to need to be rebuilt. It usually happens with 3rd gear. Very common with the stock T-56 6 speed. Especially if the previous owner didn't know how to shift properly. Also check for oil leaks from the rear main seal. Other than that, those cars are wonderful daily drivers and VERY reliable. :D

Tried out my action cam canyon carving some nice roads, really need to upgrade to a go pro, this claims 1080, but I doubt it :lol:

Twisties start around 5 min mark.

Also saw Fast 7 over the weekend. Great movie. I'm not a fan of decals, but in this case I can make an exception :)

8313653photo__3_.JPG

Were you there to see the LaFerrari? Never thought I'd see one in the flesh :embarrassed:

Didn't know the LaFerrari was going to be there, but it was certainly a nice surprise.

The owner of the LaFerrari is a very wealthy guy with quite the Ferrari collection. He also owns a F40, F50, Enzo, 250 GTO Series II, among other classic Ferraris, as well as an Aston Martin DBR2, and other historically significant cars.

Didn't know the LaFerrari was going to be there, but it was certainly a nice surprise.

The owner of the LaFerrari is a very wealthy guy with quite the Ferrari collection. He also owns a F40, F50, Enzo, 250 GTO Series II, among other classic Ferraris, as well as an Aston Martin DBR2, and other historically significant cars.

Yea, he sure seemed enjoyed everyone ogling his Ferrari; then again I would do the same thing if I had the money... I'm actually surprised they let me in, this being an 'exotic' car show and everything. I probably had the cheapest car there :lol:

Were you in the show? I remember when people started to leave there were quite a few nice sounding E39 M5's that burnt some rubber leaving the show.

Were they a trio of E39 M5s, one in black, one in light gray, and one in red? If so, then I drove to the show with them.

I got into the show itself, but they didn't. I was either one or two aisles over from you.

Were they a trio of E39 M5s, one in black, one in light gray, and one in red? If so, then I drove to the show with them.

I got into the show itself, but they didn't. I was either one or two aisles over from you.

Yep I remember the black and light gray ones, we probably walked right by each other a couple times :lol:

Nice to be at a car show with mature owners, not full of teenage kids trying to do burnouts in their Civics in the parking lot.

Yep I remember the black and light gray ones, we probably walked right by each other a couple times :lol:

Nice to be at a car show with mature owners not full of teenage kids trying to do burnouts in their civics, in the parking lot.

This right here. That is all.

Anyways good to see the ws6 is doing good. Know what would make it better? A procharger. Jk. Still one of the cleanest 4th gens out there.

I am also looking towards getting a project car In the upcoming months. Want to get a 2008 VW R32. Then doing a turbo build.

Anyways good to see the ws6 is doing good. Know what would make it better? A procharger. Jk. Still one of the cleanest 4th gens out there.

I fully agree, but my wallet does NOT :lol:

I'm actually thinking of going for a nitrous build. These motors can take 150 shot all day. And I can get kits for under $1000.

I am also looking towards getting a project car In the upcoming months. Want to get a 2008 VW R32. Then doing a turbo build.

Good platform, lots of potential. Good luck with your search!

Make sure you have a good idea of the cost before starting down that road. R32s have a way of getting really expensive, really quickly.

I really miss my old one, I look forward to jealously following your thread on that project! :cheers:

Make sure you have a good idea of the cost before starting down that road. R32s have a way of getting really expensive, really quickly.

I really miss my old one, I look forward to jealously following your thread on that project! :cheers:

I know how expensive they are. I drive a 2008 VW Rabbit now. It's a 5 cyl. I got it when I was 16 and was my first car. So I'm not new to the VW scene. Just want to get a better base to build off of.

@Harry6784 I agree about the procharger. I guess you could say its a little expensive... Just a little. Haha

I fully agree, but my wallet does NOT :lol:

I'm actually thinking of going for a nitrous build. These motors can take 150 shot all day. And I can get kits for under $1000.

Good platform, lots of potential. Good luck with your search!
Kits setup to run 100-150 shots are usually around $500-$600 on Summit. Nitrous would be cool.

Kits setup to run 100-150 shots are usually around $500-$600 on Summit. Nitrous would be cool.

Ya but I do wanna get all the supporting mods. Plugs, fuel pump, pressure gauges...etc. Also have to see what the law is regarding nitrous, I know in some states it's legal to have it in your car just not connected :confused:

Also will be getting my new dual exhaust setup here soon so here's a clip of my soon to be old setup :cool:

Ya but I do wanna get all the supporting mods. Plugs, fuel pump, pressure gauges...etc. Also have to see what the law is regarding nitrous, I know in some states it's legal to have it in your car just not connected :confused:

DO IT!

Toyota-Supra-dual-NOS-Nitrous-system.jpg

:P

Can't wait for the dual exhaust vid! Are you going to X-Pipe? Or just a straight layout?

DO IT!

Can't wait for the dual exhaust vid! Are you going to X-Pipe? Or just a straight layout?
That's one of the most NFSU2 trunk setups I've ever done seen
I may have missed it, and you probably have posted it before, but which exhaust are you going to run? Any examples on youtube?
Shame it's not an LS2, I have the perfect setup in my favorites list :lol:

DO IT!

Ya it's a X-Pipe but unlike other dual exhaust for F-bodies which are usually dumped before the rear axle, this actually goes over the axle where the regular tips go. Hence the $1400 price tag :lol:

That's one of the most NFSU2 trunk setups I've ever done seen
I may have missed it, and you probably have posted it before, but which exhaust are you going to run? Any examples on youtube?
Shame it's not an LS2, I have the perfect setup in my favorites list :lol:

Ya minus the amps and tv display. Don't know if I want one bottle or two, I don't make trips to the strip that often so not sure how long one 15lb bottle spraying 150 shot will last me.

Here's a vid of the exhaust I want to get:

Heard one in real life once, vid doesn't even come close. Sounds exactly how the car looks :mischievous:

So I got a set of Strano 35/22mm sway bars for practically half off. They were used but still a killer deal. Wanted to paint them red to match all my other suspension parts but they only came in black. No big deal :D

Washed, scotched, sanded and primered:

8520531photo_2_1_.JPG

Then painted and added a couple coats of clear:

1707808photo_1__2_.JPG

They turned out great, here's a before/after shot:

5891194photo_3__2_.JPG

1483548photo_2.JPG

9757838photo_3.JPG

Also got new endlinks, mine were original and completely shot. I believe they were rubber at some point, no idea what they are now. Got some nice poly ones :D

2111546photo_2__2_.JPG

Went for a test drive and I can see why these bars are so popular. There's practically 0 body roll and steering is very snappy and sharp.

Hope to have my exhaust in by late July, we'll see :(

I see you are putting your lift to use every chance you get. Always fun seeing how this car improves with each update. :)

You should run true duals on that car whenever you get the extra money. It brings some serious life to the exhaust of these cars and adds a little extra power.

I see a steering leak:nervous:

Not losing too much fluid, so I'll ignore it for now. Just hope it's not the rack :ill:

I see you are putting your lift to use every chance you get. Always fun seeing how this car improves with each update. :)

You should run true duals on that car whenever you get the extra money. It brings some serious life to the exhaust of these cars and adds a little extra power.

Yep that's defiantly next on my list, especially with summer coming up :D

Back