Has GT6 been abandoned by PD?

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 935 comments

Do you think GT6 has been Abandoned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooray, PD haven't abandoned the game!

Shame you need a $25,000 peripheral to play with their new features, but that's just an example of how PD are in touch with the future of the motor industry. In the future, I expect all racing games will require owners to purchase a new car to play them.

Don't make me laugh, bitterly.

PD are going to release another piece of paid advertising. I might as well have used my money on a subscription to an auto magazine. That is all.
This new feature will be use by the minority of players.

Or...You already have a GT86 and live in Japan...so you buy the data logger, and go to one of the Japanese tracks in GT6 in real life and use it. But yeah...blowing it out of proportions for the sake of whining works too.

Yes because the number that equates to is so massive, but I guess being rational and not some dogmatic fan that would have us assign our undying allegiance rather than critical fanship is blowing it out of proportion:indiff:. If it were a feature representative of the full scale fan base then sure complaining about this long known main feature would be blowing it out of proportion. Defending it like it's nothing as if we insulted your mother...now that's blowing it out of proportion.

"This means that PD is more focused on GT7 than GT6. If this is true, then most likely we won't ever get the promised DLC content/features."

The OP specifically says he means that we won't ever get the promised content. If GT6 was abandoned, we would NEVER get the promised content. In update 1.06 we are getting one of the promised features. So yes, most people were wrong.

You're reading it very strictly, like I said. And by that reading you're correct. I read it more loosely. Meaning focusing on GT7 hurts GT6 and could potentially postpone (further annoying some fans) or eliminate some (maybe all) content from being released. Neglect, more than abandonment.

And I still think that's possible. We'll never know if some DLC meant for May is now pushed to October (or never released), due to focusing on GT7.

Or...You already have a GT86 and live in Japan...so you buy the data logger, and go to one of the Japanese tracks in GT6 in real life and use it.

And exactly how many GT6 players do you think that applies to? 10? maybe 20?

The multi minitor support update was bad enough that would cost a few grand to set up, may be of use to maybe 1 in 10,000 players.

This on the other hand requires what some people consider an entire years income, and is more like 1 in a million.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back