Has GT6 been abandoned by PD?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by ukfan758, Mar 21, 2014.

?

Do you think GT6 has been Abandoned?

1. Yes

36.8%
  2. No

29.9%
  3. Maybe

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. machschnel

machschnel

Incorrect. GT6 is now the foundation. Once GT7 Prologue comes out, then that becomes the foundation. Once GT7 comes out, then of course that becomes the foundation, and so on. Just like the sounds - placeholders in GT5, then GT6. When we get GT7 the'll be placeholders again (they need more time with the PS4, of course).

For a perfectionist, Kaz seems to have an ironic amount of excuses.

daisho13, Muxlee, mr_serious and 8 others like this.
  2. GT6 hasnt been abandoned because at some point it will be updated, However the question is have PD abandoned their customers? I think so

Davoxx likes this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17

Can i change my vote to 'maybe'......

Not even a mini / ninja update isnt a good look.

Neglecting the game is one thing, neglecting the fans is a completely different story all together.

DaveTheStalker, Jay84 and neilinoz like this.
  4. MX5Racer69

MX5Racer69

I've stopped playing the game, so it's irrelevant. Update it, don't update it. Whatever. I've moved on.

mr_serious and Tier 2 Racing like this.
  5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D Premium

Sigh... I'm so shot I forgot that today is April Fool's Day. Now Prologue seems insignificant in the face of a full game, and one that features the BMW M1. Now I want it, and GT seems... old. P CARS release date... whenever. :indiff:

By the way, I voted maybe when the thread first launched.

6. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

GASP! Is @Tenacious D getting into pCARS? I know you want it for the cars and those lovely looking tracks, especially that car you mentioned. :D Did you know it also has historic tracks like Spa? :)

Squanto and Mulan like this.
  7. Samus

Samus

pCARS is coming out this November.

Davoxx, Mulan, TokoTurismo and 2 others like this.
  8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D Premium

Erm... that's kind of what I figured. Sigh...

By the way, yeah, I had looked at the car and track list yesterday and though it was quite the treasure trove of tracks. Looked the Beemer list over and then that M1 caught my eye. Yowzers, I love that car.

When I saw those screengrabs with that succulent lighting, and those marbles on the track, I was giddy. I was sure that Kaz had listened to his number one fan and was going to give us something like GT Pro in 7, until I came back to the thread and realized it was an epical April Foo Day stunt. ZOMG...

Mulan likes this.
  9. BWX

BWX

pCars us going to suck anyways if you are into good physics and force feedback., If you are into stutter-y game-play, that makes nice screenshots, you'll like pCars!

10. raven214

raven214

I would love to hear how you know what the future holds for pCars before it's even out. We're not talking about GT: it may be a finished product at release AND supported afterward.

For what it's worth, I'm saving for a new computer to give iRacing a shot.

poumpoum likes this.
  11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D Premium

I'm curious how you know that too. And what you consider good physics.

I'll have to say that Assetto Corsa underwhelmed me a bit. While I'm sure it's going to be a decent PC sim, it... dare I say it, feels too much like a PC sim. Dry and technical, with very few cars, and designed mostly for online racers to compare the size of their e-trophies. While Race Room is probably the same, I am more comfy with SIMBIN's version of simness. rFactor 2 I can't comment on, though I didn't care for rF1. I also like Live For Speed - depending on the version. Not interested in iRenting.

So, I'm pretty much hanging my hat on P CARS to have any hope of giving me what GT And Forza can't.

Uhm... not that another fan kind of, sort of, doesn't feel abandlned by PD. A little... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  12. MustangManiac

MustangManiac Premium

I played F1 2011 in between GT5 and 6 and just ordered F1 2012 since it is on sale. PD better do something this week, one way or the other...I am going racing this weekend!

13. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Woohoo! Good to know @Samus. :D

EDIT: Nvm, looks he's telling the truth.

14. eSZee

eSZee

Bwahahahaha.
    Coming from Gt6 force feedback, anything is better.

15. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Unless you have some links and some proof you are just trolling.
    Sorry to hear that man, I remember your excitement when the game launched.:ouch:

16. BWX

BWX

Because i had pCars on my PC for a long time. I know what it feels like. Of course I cannot predict the future but I can make educated guesses.
    pCars can only dream of force feedback and physics as good as GT6. I predict pCars to suck in those very important departments.

You all just wait.

JogoAsobi likes this.
  17. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Everyone I know of that is intimately associated with the project says the exact opposite to you and are more than happy to give full and detailed explanations beyond "PCars is going to suck" like @LogiForce does in the PCars Physics thread

Physics thread

18. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

You know what it felt like. I mean, this is all predicated on a past experience, right?

Going off of that assumption it would therefore be outright impossible for you to know what it feels like. See the difference?

19. BWX

BWX

They can say all they want. FF and physics are terrible.

It never changed for the better once in the year or so that I "owned" it.
    I got my $$ back after no meaningful advancement in those areas. I had it up until a few months ago.

Remember what other titles these guys produced.

Physics and FF are not it's strong points.

Have you people tried it? It doesn't sound like it. A little tweaking here and there is not going to transform this physics engine. It needs to be thrown away and re-written from the ground up.

-My opinion.

20. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

It's next to impossible to refute the way someone perceives something whether the changes be major or minute, but on the basis of factual evidence... that's an outright lie.

You mean GTR, GTR2, and GT Legends - those titles?

I have the strangest feeling you didn't read the writing on the wall. I'm not mocking you or anything of the sort, and if you were unhappy with what was being presented you definitely should have gotten a refund. Having said that, I still can't shake the feeling that you simply couldn't read the writing on the wall.

You were playing a game that hadn't even entered a beta stage yet (and still hasn't), so you knew full well what you were getting into and how much work would need to be done.

So, why? That's an honest question being asked.

I've been a member since January, 2012, and your insistence that the title has only undergone "little tweaking here and there" would suggest to me you had already formed an opinion of the game and its underpinnings long before you actually played it and steadily refused to see anything outside of that.

Johnnypenso and Mulan like this.
  21. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Premium

New video or has this been seen elsewhere? It was just uploaded to the official GT channel.

Mulan likes this.
  22. danielc

danielc

It has 9 viewings... So you're probably the first poster and viewer! nice catch, too bad only a handfull of people will be able to use it (must have toyobaru and one of the gt tracks around for it to work)
    May also be a cruel joke by prankyphony digital... Where everyday is april fools

raven214, cmbeal317 and JogoAsobi like this.
  23. BWX

BWX

GTR? GTR2? GT Legends? What are you talking about? I think you are confused.
    *edit* I have owned and played all of the above.

Slightly mad is not Simbin and Simbin used the ISI engines Gmotor and Gmotor 2 in those games. The same underpinnings of rFactor.
    *edit* played that too, extensively.

Slightly Mad made..

Need For speed shift *edit* played it.
    Shift 2 *edit* played it
    Test Drive Ferrari *edit* played it.
    Biker bash

That's what I'm talking about. The physics and force feedback in those games were terrible too. I actually got my money back for Shift 2 is was so bad.

An outright lie? The physics sucked when I first got pCars and it sucked in the exact same way the day I got rid of it How is that a "lie"? Same for Force feedback.
    Also I am a good judge of what is good Ff and physics with the time and experience I have in simracing, if you want to go there.

Yeah I have heard the Beta excuse somewhere else. Let me see.

Live for speed anyone? .. but at least LFS has decent physics and FF.
    *edit* played it for years..

All I am saying is that people are in for a surprise who never played pCars, thinking it will be the racing game genre savior. Unless it completely changed from now till release, the physics and FF will not be great. That is all I was saying.

EDIT. And of course to add this is in MY opinion. I shouldn't even have to point that out though.

24. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Premium

I've since posted this in the GT6 Screenshots/Video thread and @georgetigra translated the description. Probably best to continue the discussion there. Also mentions an update for next 4/7/2014, which is next Tues.

AJHG1000, danielc and georgetigra like this.
  25. Samus

Samus

Most of SMS are made up of former Simbin employees that worked on the games mentioned.

26. Sixflags48

Sixflags48

That Youtube video mentions an update on the 7th, something to do with the data logger. I don't expect anything else though.

Hopefully with the logger out of the way, the GT team can focus more on actual games.

AJHG1000 likes this.
  27. BWX

BWX

Yeah, Simbin, Not ISI, who produced the gmotor and gmotor 2 engines (and rFactor) that were the physics engines in all of Simbin's games mentioned.

So that doesn't really matter or make a difference when it comes to pCars physics engine, unless the are using the gmotor2 physics engine, in which case they royally screwed it up. I cannot feel it at all if it is under there.

I am sure this is going to be considered off-topic soon. The reason it is on topic is because people are always throwing up pCars as a viable replacement or competition for GT6, or GT7 or whatever. I'm just giving my opinion and experience with it for people who have not or cannot try it for themselves.

Hey. I HOPE I am wrong. Seriously. I would love to be proven wrong, and pCars be the best sim of all time. We will soon see.

28. Mulan

Mulan

Well there it is, PD is working hard fixing important gameissues.
    Dont say they dont care.
    This shows they have their priorities on the right stuff that needs to be done.

Then there are all the other gamers that still wait ;)
    (pd must have turned their priority list upside down lately)

29. wowbaggerBR

wowbaggerBR

You are right, pCars doesn't compete against GT. pCars is all about simulation. GT is a simcade kind of game.

AJHG1000 likes this.
  30. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

I assure you I'm not confused. SimBin was co-founded by Ian Bell (where he was also managing director); the same Ian Bell that manages, you guessed it - Slightly Mad Studios. GTR2 was made by Blimey! Games, another studio by Ian Bell where he took guys from SimBin and they developed GTR2 and GT Legends under license to SimBin.

No, they're not, but they are composed of people from SimBin.

My assumption is beginning to ring true. I find it slightly misleading that you've listed Biker Bash as a game they've developed (which will be true) and then go on to say "The physics and force feedback in those games were terrible too" when no one has even played it yet.

But, moving away from that and addressing the actual point: if you're using Shift as a crutch to criticize pCARS then, as I've said previously, you went into the game with a preconceived notion of how it was going to play out. Did you ever voice your displeasure? You'll find that they actually (willingly) listen to just criticisms.

"Sucked" is not a valid criticism by way of the game never changing in a particular area.

If it wasn't to your liking, again, that's fine and you absolutely should have gotten a refund but you're not making a case.

Excuse? Honestly, what did you think you would be getting from a game that wasn't in a finished state? You were quite frankly told of the state the game would be prior to signing up and purchasing a toolpack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.