Has GT6 been abandoned by PD?

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 935 comments

Do you think GT6 has been Abandoned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem with PD at the moment is that they are focusing a bit too much in my opinion on the guys with the money to buy the Nissan GT-R's, the Toyota GT-86's and the data loggers. There is also a lot put into the GT Academy (but my goodness at least let Canada join). The team in my opinion is not big enough to juggle all of these things.

Hopefully it is more than the Data Logger integration

There is also a lot put into the GT Academy (but my goodness at least let Canada join). The team in my opinion is not big enough to juggle all of these things.

PD does not have any control over GT Academy, Nismo does, and Canada cannot join because there's a law that does not allow it

Last edited:
BWX
Ironic then, that GT has way better physics and force feedback.

Having tried pCARS, the car feels a bit disconnected, and the sounds (while quite nice) sound very fake. iRacing is getting better in the audio department and AC and R3E (while a bit dry) are quite up there for sound. AC has too many tuning options for where I am at in racing.

I doubt it. It will be yet another useful feature to be enjoyed by millions of GT6 players. Just like the multi monitor support.

I don't feel like buying more Playstations though. I have plenty of computer monitors though.

I assure you I'm not confused. SimBin was co-founded by Ian Bell (where he was also managing director); the same Ian Bell that manages, you guessed it - Slightly Mad Studios. GTR2 was made by Blimey! Games, another studio by Ian Bell where he took guys from SimBin and they developed GTR2 and GT Legends under license to SimBin.

No, they're not, but they are composed of people from SimBin.

ISI did all those Simbin games physics engine, not Simbin. I am talking about physics here.

My assumption is beginning to ring true. I find it slightly misleading that you've listed Biker Bash as a game they've developed (which will be true) and then go on to say "The physics and force feedback in those games were terrible too" when no one has even played it yet.
It was a mistake in copy paste. I never heard of that game, nor do I want to. I was talking about the CAR racing games in the list.

But, moving away from that and addressing the actual point: if you're using Shift as a crutch to criticize pCARS then, as I've said previously, you went into the game with a preconceived notion of how it was going to play out. Did you ever voice your displeasure? You'll find that they actually (willingly) listen to just criticisms.
I am using it as an example of the work they have produced, not the Simbin games that you listed, in which the physics engines were produced by ISI, not Simbin.

"Sucked" is not a valid criticism by way of the game never changing in a particular area.
If it wasn't to your liking, again, that's fine and you absolutely should have gotten a refund but you're not making a case.

Excuse? Honestly, what did you think you would be getting from a game that wasn't in a finished state? You were quite frankly told of the state the game would be prior to signing up and purchasing a toolpack.

"Sucked" is a well rounded term for what I think of pCars physics engine and force feedback.

I could go into detail about how it sucks in specific ways if you want. I think that is getting too much into the weeds here.

I was told? Listen, if it is so much better when it comes out than it is now, I will gladly eat my words. In it's current state. GT blows it away. No comparison in force feedback and physics feel. *edit* And I would bet many many many experienced sim racers agree.

The. Game. Isn't. Finished. Yet.

And yeah, I noticed the better physics every single pit stop I've made, every trip to the grass, every wet race with slick tyres, every event with SRF enforced, etc, etc...

If it isn't finished, how can you call it a sim then? Ha.. got ya there, huh?
In it's current STATE, let's just go with that then. ok, with that in mind. I stand by what I have said about it.

Last edited:
Yup, PD has totally abandoned GT6. They've moved on, no more updates, non of the promised features will be coming, time to sell GT6.

Once again, you guys do remember that our last update was...11 days ago right? I could see maybe thinking the game had been abandoned in-between 1.04 and 1.05 but really guys? Nearly a 3rd of the people on this thread think 1.05 will be the LAST update?

Edit: Can we bring this thread back when the new update comes out?

Bite me.

Last edited:
Yup, PD has totally abandoned GT6. They've moved on, no more updates, non of the promised features will be coming, time to sell GT6.

Hooray, PD haven't abandoned the game!

Shame you need a $25,000 peripheral to play with their new features, but that's just an example of how PD are in touch with the future of the motor industry. In the future, I expect all racing games will require owners to purchase a new car to play them.

Don't make me laugh, bitterly.

PD are going to release another piece of paid advertising. I might as well have used my money on a subscription to an auto magazine. That is all.

I think the problem with PD at the moment is that they are focusing a bit too much in my opinion on the guys with the money to buy the Nissan GT-R's, the Toyota GT-86's and the data loggers.
I hope you realize that this will have nothing to do with the modelers, artists, sound team etc.

The team are slaving away at something. Maybe it's mostly Prologue, and GT6 will get the leftover effort. Maybe as I posted previously, GT5 Prologue just took two or three months work and so will GT7P, and GT6 is really getting some goodies that require more effort than planned, like Course Maker 2. Eventually, we'll find out one way or the other.

Shame you need a $25,000 peripheral to play with their new features, but that's just an example of how PD are in touch with the future of the motor industry. In the future, I expect all racing games will require owners to purchase a new car to play them.

PD are going to release another piece of paid advertising. I might as well have used my money on a subscription to an auto magazine. That is all.
Don't forget that all the data from throttle, brake and engine will mean nothing in the game unless you are monitoring it while driving on a track that is in the game. Wonder how much a day of track rental along with insurance, fuel, tires etc costs :boggled:

I was going to say "didn't you read the OP" but you must've because you were the first to respond. Abandoned was just a way to summarize the concern that since they are working on GT7, that GT6 will be made a much lower priority and updates/dlc/whatever will be pushed back a lot (many months) and some stuff might even be literally abandoned.

But if you want to take the thread completely literally, then sure, you're right. Most people were wrong and GT was not abandoned.

Don't forget that all the data from throttle, brake and engine will mean nothing in the game unless you are monitoring it while driving on a track that is in the game. Wonder how much a day of track rental along with insurance, fuel, tires etc costs :boggled:

Not just a track that's in the game, one of the three tracks that the feature currently works on. Fuji, Suzuka, Tsukuba. So you can probably add flights and shipping to Japan to that cost. ;)

I was going to say "didn't you read the OP" but you must've because you were the first to respond. Abandoned was just a way to summarize the concern that since they are working on GT7, that GT6 will be made a much lower priority and updates/dlc/whatever will be pushed back a lot (many months) and some stuff might even be literally abandoned.

But if you want to take the thread completely literally, then sure, you're right. Most people were wrong and GT was not abandoned.

"This means that PD is more focused on GT7 than GT6. If this is true, then most likely we won't ever get the promised DLC content/features."

The OP specifically says he means that we won't ever get the promised content. If GT6 was abandoned, we would NEVER get the promised content. In update 1.06 we are getting one of the promised features. So yes, most people were wrong.

Oh yeah, I forgot. This thread isn't about the game being abandoned, it's the Epic Whining & Crying thread 2. You don't have to like what's in the update. We are getting a promised feature which by the very qualifier used in the OP, means GT6 isn't abandoned.

As I said in the thread about the update, we know we are still getting updates and we're still getting the promised features. This update is evidence that we will likely see the other features in time.

Oh yeah, I forgot. This thread isn't about the game being abandoned, it's the Epic Whining & Crying thread 2. You don't have to like what's in the update. We are getting a promised feature which by the very qualifier used in the OP, means GT6 isn't abandoned.

As I said in the thread about the update, we know we are still getting updates and we're still getting the promised features. This update is evidence that we will likely see the other features in time.

What evidence exactly or is that just tongue in cheek loosely defined? Also I wasn't aware that the OP's ideal on that being abandonment needed to be uniform with what I see or anyone else. Thank goodness for subjectivity.

Last edited:

Allow me to repeat myself. Hooray. PD haven't abandoned the game.

Allow me to repeat myself. Hooray. PD haven't abandoned the game.

I guess we're asking too much when it comes to the actual named items specified on our game containers, rather than these micro updates that are much of the same bug fixes GT5 had and hardware/software allowing systems.

"This means that PD is more focused on GT7 than GT6. If this is true, then most likely we won't ever get the promised DLC content/features."

The OP specifically says he means that we won't ever get the promised content. If GT6 was abandoned, we would NEVER get the promised content. In update 1.06 we are getting one of the promised features. So yes, most people were wrong.
Hooray for technicalities, you win the internet!! And now for another famous technicality:

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky...".

I guess we're asking too much when it comes to the actual named items specified on our game containers, rather than these micro updates that are much of the same bug fixes GT5 had and hardware/software allowing systems.

Yep.

I'm waiting eagerly for the Course Creator which will make tracks up to 20km by 20km, as long as they have no more than three corners, are not longer than 1500 metres, are anti-clockwise, set in Poland and are raced on my Priuseses.

Also, B Spec in which your driver can be named Bob OR Bobette, you have access to two controls labelled "slow down" and "pull over", and can be used on any track as long as it's Trial Mountain or Deep Forest. More tracks to be added at a later date.

I predict that public lobbies will be renamed to "matchmaking" after a love connection resulting in a marriage is sparked in a public lobby. Hey, a match was made...

All of the above come with a full serving of additional bugs and glitches, half to be addressed through micro-updates in the following weeks, the other half are "working as intended".

It's futuristic features like these that we can be confident PD is working hard to add to our game. But oh no, the game will not be abandoned. We'll see those features come hell or high water, just as soon as they can get enough lawyers into one office to figure out how little work they can do to not be held legally liable for misrepresentation. :D

Guys I just sold my Mazda 626, told my mom to sod-off, stole everything in her bank account, bought a GT86 in Japan, flew to Japan, bought a year-long pass to Tsukuba and, to top it all off, bought a TR500, 3 PS3s with 3 3DTVs and 3 copies of GT6 so I can finally use GT6 latest updates to their full extent.

PD really aware of their key demographic right there with that update...

Guys I just sold my Mazda 626, told my mom to sod-off, stole everything in her bank account, bought a GT86 in Japan, flew to Japan, bought a year-long pass to Tsukuba and, to top it all off, bought a TR500, 3 PS3s with 3 3DTVs and 3 copies of GT6 so I can finally use GT6 latest updates to their full extent.

PD really aware of their key demographic right there with that update...

Or...You already have a GT86 and live in Japan...so you buy the data logger, and go to one of the Japanese tracks in GT6 in real life and use it. But yeah...blowing it out of proportions for the sake of whining works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back