Has GT6 been hacked already?

I don't know how to tell you guys, but... Read some posts lol. I think Famine is correct, on this occasion. :) (Yes, I just said that. Oh my god :embarrassed:)

Either Famine's right or this guy is using a jailbroken PS3 (look at some of the 'apps' when he presses the PS button)

Now that GT6 have everything we need that GT5 didn't had, I really wish hackers go away.

GT6 doesn't have engine/drivetrain swaps.

The only thing I liked about the modding community was the ability for them to do realistic swaps.

Now if only PD could implement them in a realistic way, GT6 would have everything that I'd want that modding did.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I couldn't find anything in a search.

Look at the end of this video

The player is still at Novice level, yet he has an insane number of high-end cars in his garage, and he has over 3 quintillion credits. Am I missing something here?

This might just resolve the question of whether or not there will be a credit ceiling.

Do you know if he was playing online or not? haven't watched full vid yet.

Within the first hour of having the disc, someone who knows what they're doing can hack credits. This isn't surprising at all..

Honestly, I hope hybriding gets figured out ASAP. At least swapping. One of my favorite parts of GT5 was driving the Furai-powered 1000hp Miata I commissioned. And the 381hp Renesis Caterham, for that matter. Both were awesomely fun, if difficult as hell to drive.
And we can buy them!
I finally get a permanent Stealth F1? Awesome!

Wow... people have no respect for developers... Still, it's kind of a grey area because they own the game and they can do whatever they want and we should mind our own business. It's still bothersome though...

The sad thing is that this affects us fair players in the long term when developers get pissed and start throwing in restrictions for everyone. I mean, the game shouldn't even be in these people's hands (which is fault of whoever sold the game to them) and they are already hacking into it.

What if Sony decides to pull back the release until they "solve" the problem?

That Redbull is sounding really good though. I like it.

Wow... people have no respect for developers... Still, it's kind of a grey area because they own the game and they can do whatever they want and we should mind our own business. It's still bothersome though...

The sad thing is that this affects us fair players in the long term when developers get pissed and start throwing in restrictions for everyone. I mean, the game shouldn't even be in these people's hands (which is fault of whoever sold the game to them) and they are already hacking into it.

What if Sony decides to pull back the release until they "solve" the problem?

That Redbull is sounding really good though. I like it.

When the game is supposed to be coming out this week and the risk of delaying the game and thus missing the holiday season, I don't think that would be a smart move at all.

Zero day hacks anyone? Please no. :grumpy:

Day -5 hacks lol.

I'd be willing to bet we see something like what was put into GT5... finish an online race "You cannot have more than 20,000,000 credits". Still, it lets the derps that can't drive into rooms with cars WAY above their level.

EDIT: Nevermind, they'll just run the hack again. Ya this is a problem if they want to sell Cr. in the PSN store.

When the game is supposed to be coming out this week and the risk of delaying the game and thus missing the holiday season, I don't think that would be a smart move at all.

It's highly unlikely, indeed. Especially now that the discs have been pressed. But I still do fear what Sony might order PD to do about it.

Either Famine's right or this guy is using a jailbroken PS3 (look at some of the 'apps' when he presses the PS button)

I'm not familiar with jailbreaking, but the apps you mention do look very alike apps which would be on any jailbroken device, so I would say that its jailbroken. And with that, I would bet that it would allow credit hacks VERY easy. Think of it as a type of the Cheat Engine program for computers, where it scans for bits that has the same value as your credits.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt most jailbroken PS3s older firmware versions? Then it would mean that they cant get online, even after the release date anyway? My mentality is that if it dosen't affect any other players in any way, cheating is alright. It's an empty victory anyways.

Don't think so. The language in the video is French,and they use the same in-game currency as the rest (I think so atleast).

Credit-hacking was very simple in GT5,and seeing as GT6 (probably) uses the same save-system as 5 it was only a matter of time before it popped up again.

Japanese version of this game as an example, things cost millions of Yen to purchase. Well at least the equivalent to.

I'm not familiar with jailbreaking, but the apps you mention do look very alike apps which would be on any jailbroken device, so I would say that its jailbroken. And with that, I would bet that it would allow credit hacks VERY easy. Think of it as a type of the Cheat Engine program for computers, where it scans for bits that has the same value as your credits.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt most jailbroken PS3s older firmware versions? Then it would mean that they cant get online, even after the release date anyway? My mentality is that if it dosen't affect any other players in any way, cheating is alright. It's an empty victory anyways.

I'm don't know fully how jailbreaking works either (and hopefully, won't have to on the PS4) but I think they are on 3.xx firmware.
Also, I agree that cheating under a controlled environment (e.g. offline) is perfectly fine as it doesn't effect anyone else in the process. I watch a few Youtubers who post videos of themselves and their friends playing around on private matches with several hacks on a certain game (I'll let you guess which one i'm talking about ;)).

I'm don't know fully how jailbreaking works either (and hopefully, won't have to on the PS4) but I think they are on 3.xx firmware.
Also, I agree that cheating under a controlled environment (e.g. offline) is perfectly fine as it doesn't effect anyone else in the process. I watch a few Youtubers who post videos of themselves and their friends playing around on private matches with several hacks on a certain game (I'll let you guess which one i'm talking about ;)).

Exactly. If I wanted to cheat in GT6 (as an example), and have a couple of my friends race with a specific high Cr. car at release day, I wouldn't really count it as cheating unless the online races have gone up in rewards, giving them an edge at extra Cr, or uses it in lobbys where there are proper legit racers.

As you said, a controlled enviroment is fine in my book, publicly using it for an unfair advantage should be banned immediatley.

Exactly. If I wanted to cheat in GT6 (as an example), and have a couple of my friends race with a specific high Cr. car at release day, I wouldn't really count it as cheating unless the online races have gone up in rewards, giving them an edge at extra Cr, or uses it in lobbys where there are proper legit racers.

As you said, a controlled enviroment is fine in my book, publicly using it for an unfair advantage should be banned immediatley.

If there is a 'Performance Difference Bonus', like in GT5, and someone has found a way to have a car with negative PP, then that would seriously be f:censored: up

If there is a 'Performance Difference Bonus', like in GT5, and someone has found a way to have a car with negative PP, then that would seriously be f:censored: up

Well, then it would suck. But on the other hand, just after a month or so, most players will have settled into the classes of races they enjoy, and gotten a decent car for that class. If PD implemented a PP range (say if its a 500PP race, then it would be 350-500PP range, any lower wouldnt be able to join, and lets be realistic. What car under 350 could take on a 500pp car?) Mabye even an auto ban feature if a car has negative PP? It wont get rid of hacking, but it will reduce it at least.

Back