Has GT6 been hacked already?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by CommandrCyclops, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Anyone willing to guess the new 1.06 update will also address the save file encryption to combat hacking ?

2. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt

It might, depends on how worried PD is about hacking at this point.

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Staff Emeritus

I don't have any other sticks. Aside from that, learn how to take sarcasm. There are classes.

4. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt

No need to get snippy with me. Maybe if you used a smiley or otherwise made your sarcasm known like I did, then I would know better. I'm not a mind reader.

fortbo, Intronium and Sonygamer455 like this.
  5. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

I believe PD will care more than ever, with the new GPS Visualizer and Data Logger added, PD might have new encryption ready for the data files, and if it does happen, surely the save file will get it too :)

JogoAsobi likes this.
  6. Vagabond

Vagabond Staff Emeritus

No but you are a drama queen and almost 100% guaranteed to take something the wrong way if there's a negative possibility. I'm not making a sarcasm banner - announcing it kind of defeats its purpose anyway. If in doubt in the future, just assume I am being sarcastic; you'll be right at least 75% of the time, which is good enough for an 'A'. :tup:

research likes this.
  7. OriginalCheezIt

OriginalCheezIt

Can we NOT test the mods, please? Thanks...

8. Dan

Dan Premium

9. twitcher

twitcher

Said the
    Said the up-tight, unimaginative, close minded, sheep...

Name your favourite car, or favourite car modification, and I'll pick it to pieces in less than 5 minutes.

Everyone has their own taste, and no one's is any more or less valid than anyone else's.

Remember that old saying about opinions and :censored:holes?

10. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

GTP mods or GT6 mods? :p

Quakebass, fortbo, research and 6 others like this.
  11. Mustangmiha

Mustangmiha

I'm sensing a bit of hostility here.

12. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt

Now you resort to name calling. :rolleyes:

And I'm not testing the mods, but I'll be darn if I'm going to let him sit there and talk down to me just because he's a mod.

@Ridox2JZGTE I hope you're right, really don't want to see hacking this early in the game's life.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    Damo The Don and Sonygamer455 like this.
  13. Dan

Dan Premium

And the thread gets locked for arguments. :rolleyes:

Why can't we just discuss hybrids?

14. Mustangmiha

Mustangmiha

Best hybrid incoming!
    1572053384967915541.jpg

research and CallmeDan like this.
  15. Subarglue

Subarglue

And now off topic-ness.

16. NFSCARBON1

NFSCARBON1

Even if PD added almost limitless modifications, the game would still get hacked. Some people simply enjoy picking apart code to see how it works and look for hidden items.
    Others like to unlock everything at once (in this case adding money).
    And a few will just want to troll other users.
    HOWEVER, if PD had included more in depth modifications hacking would be nowhere near as popular.

research, Johnnypenso and twitcher like this.
  17. Subarglue

Subarglue

@NFSCARBON1
    Why do you think if PD included more in depth modifications hacking would be less popular?

18. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt

I couldn't agree more. Like you said, there would still be people hacking, just not as many I don't think. Give engine swaps and the like and I think most people will be happy with that. You will still have the trollers though. :indiff:

JogoAsobi likes this.
  19. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

If there was a cupcake in front of you, would you still look for more cupcakes?

iainoflo85 likes this.
  20. Ridox2JZGTE

Ridox2JZGTE

Greed is human nature, can't get enough of anything, cupcakes :p I want the whole shop :lol:

21. OriginalCheezIt

OriginalCheezIt

Uh, yeah? What kinda question is that? :lol:

22. deadbob777

deadbob777

The only thing I'm looking forward to being able to do is adding turbos and real transmissions to hybrids, my Aqua and Prius want to be race cars so bad, but are held back by that terrible fuel saving technology that is a CVT

research, CallmeDan and crisisassix like this.
  23. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

My rules, no cupcakes for you.

You get my analogy though. :D

24. Subarglue

Subarglue

No I wouldn't, that one cupcake is just enough for me. Anyway your analogy is irrelevant, it still doesn't answer the question.. That I didn't ask you.

25. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt

No, but if it were dounuts, then that's a different story. :lol:

Thinking more about it though, it probably wouldn't die down much just because of the need to troll. You'll always have those who add grip, aero, ect, just to win a race.

26. twitcher

twitcher

Me, hostile? Nope :D

Just getting beyond tired of the blatant generalizations made about the hybrid community, and the ignorance, arrogance, and selfishness displayed by a large percentage of the anti-hybrid community.

The analogy answers your question perfectly.

If you had the slightest understanding of WHY a large percentage of "hackers" build hybrids in the first place, you would understand.

Again, more ignorance

Fair point. There will always be trolls.

But do you feel that the majority of the hybrid community "hacks" for trolling purposes, or does the majority "hack" for other, non-trolling purposes (realistic hybrids, FOV, stance, etc).

Hybrids or not, there will always be trolls.

Would it not make more sense for
    a). PD to increase the customization in the game, thus removing the desire for a lot of hacking in the first place, and
    b). PD to increase the tools at the disposal of a lobby host so they can better regulate their rooms.

As things stand, PD is trying to win a war by attempting to swat bullets out of the air.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  27. Subarglue

Subarglue

Really? Since you seem to be such a know it all why don't you explain why hackers build hybrids?

I don't need your ignorance either, Last time I checked I have a pretty good understanding of the whole hybrid thing.

28. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

Considering you didn't understand my post, which did completely apply to your post, I think you should go back and read a couple of posts if you still can't figure it out.

Oh and,

I didn't know I wasn't allowed to respond to a public post, if that's what you're implying. Do I have to explain my, very easy to understand, analogy?

29. Subarglue

Subarglue

No your lame analogy is clear, I just didn't expect someone to try and be a smart ass and answer a question with another question, and sure go ahead, respond to my posts but do so next time with a little more intelligence because clearly I wanted legitimate answer.

30. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt

Based from my own experience in GT5, I would have to say it was about equal, hence the reason I changed my mind after thinking more about it. The online Seasonal leaderboards was filled with hackers cheating their way onto the leaderboards as well as online lobbies. On the flip side, I seen just about an equal number of people with non-trolling hybrids. Just my observation, other people may have different experiences though.