Has Laguna Seca just been leaked?

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 541 comments
Ok but then what do they or you like?

I can't speak for anyone but I'm a huge fan of Tsukuba, spend most of my racing game time on it. :D

Baku? Sochi?

City tracks aren't something I have a problem with.

Yas Marina?

Second worst track in the world behind CoTA.

Paul Ricard?

Not good.

I have beef with the whole tarmac runoff thing, just ruins tracks. Totally not mad about Fuji. :(

"Yas Marina?"
Second worst track in the world behind CoTA.
Haha, I just said elsewhere the other day something along the lines of "I hate CotA only a little less than I hate Yas Marina", so I put them the other way round, but we're agreed they're the two worst tracks in the world.

sometimes I think that people talk bad about famous racing tracks just to look different and stand out from the mass without realizing they just look dumb.

O rly. Doesn't like something you like, therefore they're dumb. Good call.

I mean, Stavelot and Bruxelles are hardly unique in their layout, but I guess for you they are attached to a history or series you like, so they become 'famous' and I guess in your eyes that makes them worthy. That's not unreasonable, but it hardly makes them objectively better than many other corners at many other venues. IMHO Eau-Rouge/Raidillon is fun... on the other hand, the bus-stop is one of the worst corners featured on a real circuit in the game.

Don't get me wrong, I quite like Spa. Nice scenery and fond memories, but it's probably on a level with 20 other circuits that would be just as much fun to drive.

If you dont like Laguna Seca then why are you in this thread? No one cares if you dont like it. In this thread is a heap of contrarians who REALLY REALLY want the wider GTPlanet community to know that they dont like Laguna Seca in a thread about Laguna Seca possibly coming... because they really want you to know!

What a weird bunch these people are!

And there's a lot of Spa Haters in the Spa update thread too!

The only think I dont like about Laguna Seca is that the main strait is pretty pathetic given even fast cars (LMPs? American petit Le Mans cars?) can barely hit 180mph on it... but that's it.

I welcome it. I know I must be crazy to like this track... maybe I should be like the cool kids here who want to hate on whatever it is the general population likes... people who scream the loudest are usually the hollowest inside... and damn do they want you to recognise their dislike...

Haha, I just said elsewhere the other day something along the lines of "I hate CotA only a little less than I hate Yas Marina", so I put them the other way round, but we're agreed they're the two worst tracks in the world.

The VAST majority of modern circuits like Baku Sochi Yas COTA are all straight garbage.. I was about to say its Tilke's fault but really... if it isnt him then its some other clown. I dont think there's any controversy about the general dislike of modern F1 circuits. I put stuff like Guia in there too. WELL DONE BAKU! Lol to that.

I think many of us have been watching F1 and various races since Senna and Denny Hulme and even earlier. I was among a bunch who have even conversed with people like Jack Brabham (the original legend who did "Ross Brawn" in 1967) so most of us can smell a dead duck like many modern circuits.

Be that as it may I do have a soft spot for any French circuit so do not say bad things about Paul Ricard or Magny Cours or Rouen or Reims or Pau or...

Most tracks in the world are just open flat spaces with some right/left handers, enjoyable as much as being kicked in the butt.

Especially true for tracks built on this side of year 2000. One noteworthy exception is Portimao, which is really underappreciated.

Lagnua Seca will be a great addition. It was one of the first real world circuits that PD was able to feature early on, dating all the way back to Gran Turismo 2. Honestly, a GT title would feel strange without it.

The U.S. definitely needs more circuit representation in GTS, especially real world ones. The Willow Springs complex is great and all, but it was the only sensible alternative to the likes of Blue Moon Bay, Northern Isle Speedway, and Special Stage Route X.

Last edited:
Could someone list the tracks that haven't been mentioned in this thread?

Not gonna lie this thread has been low-key entertaining. For every track that's been listed, someone has to mention that they hate it.
Cape Ring
High Speed Ring
Hermanos Rodriguez
Indianapolis
Apricot Hill
Sebring
Pikes Peak
Hungaroring
Valencia (the one with the stupidly long name)
Seattle
Singapore
Bahrain
Eiger Nordwand
Tahiti
Opera Paris (Home of the FIA headquarters)
Melbourne
Seoul Central
Red Rock Valley
The Canada one I can't remember
Donington
Marina Bay
Hockenheim
Shanghai
Complex String
Costa de Amalfi
Beginners Course
Grand Canyon
Kart Space
Clubman Stage Route 5
Autumn Ring
Etc.

lol 350z is already in the game, unless you meant GT500 version
I was mocking the types of people who ask for virtually the same car but a different model year.

Come to think of it i don't actully think those types of people exist.

Los Pollos Hermanos
Daytona (Outer Space Loop)
Autobot City
Imagine a Breaking Bad car update featuring:
1986 Toyota Trecel:
Tercel-01.png

2004 Pontiac Aztek:
Pontiac_Aztek_IMG_20180408_125514.jpg

1998 Volvo V70:
Volvoo.4568.jpg

1988 Chrysler Fifth Avenue:
c082c60db6ad44549ffd7d3cdd732d3a.jpg

1986 Fleetwood Bounder (VGT, that's the meth lab version):
vc7TgKHOSzqX._UX300_TTW__.jpg

Totally fine if this post gets deleted, just posting for a laugh. That Aztek would be sick going down the corkscrew though...

Personally I think it's the Corkscrew surrounded by a load of slow-mid speed individual corners that are separated by short straights. I wouldn't even say it was average!

I'm not disputing it's fame and that alone is enough to put it in the game but it's only redeeming feature is one corner. Without the Corkscrew nobody would pay it any attention in my opinion, the rest of it is just a dull, unimaginative road in the desert

*puts tin hat on*

It’s all about the flow and some of the corners have friendly cambers which means you don’t have to brake much going into them. It’s excellent.

Last edited:
Especially true for tracks built on this side of year 2000. One noteworthy exception is Portimao, which is really underappreciated.

The Otodrome (or whatever they call it now) is another exception. It's a brilliant circuit. Like all great tracks, it just has brilliant flow, something that most new F1 circuits really lack.

Also l totally agree regarding Portimao, when F1 tested there at the start of 2009 the drivers raved about how great it was and the powers that be instead wanted garbage like Sochi on the calendar.

Back on topic, Laguna is a great track, while it might not be as brilliant as say Watkins or Road America, it certainly is a fun track to drive in any sort of car, from open wheelers to hatch backs. It'd say it's more than a welcome addition.

Just throwing it out there I actually hope PD bring Abu Dhabi to a Gran Turismo game someday, I just think it would look incredible with GT graphics and lighting especially at night or twilight.
The only thing wrong with that, is that Yas Marina is universally despised by the motorsport community, and most would complain of its addition over other tracks. I don’t doubt that PD would do it aesthetics justice though

Sucks it to be leaked early but i enjoy driving there. I am not a super fan of Wilow Springs in terms of American tracks so i prefer this.

It also reminds me the early GT days with events of only american cars while driving the Mustang SVT Cobra or the C4 Grand sport.
Now i don't know how it will be in online but it is gonna be interesting

Back