Hatred of seasonal events

South Africa
South Africa
Im am sick of it! Am I the only one that thinks it sucks?! Honestly, why not more A Spec races? Why lame 'overtaking' ones? In the real driving simulator I would expect new challenges of an A spec nature. Its boring as hell to do. Yes, xp is nice, but its mundane and gets old fast. Now Im here thinking if they release more events it will be more of the same garbage on different tracks and trust me when I say I expect this to turn into a car broshure. PD being paid to 'whore out' certain cars on certain events so we go out and buy it ingame and drive the challenge. Its just..a matter of time..

Yes, the current events are about getting to the front from the back, with various restrictions and Im sure future 'seasonal events' will be the same.

The last batch of the events have been extremely difficult. But the Nascar one was quite easy. But if they continue on being this hard then whats the point.

I hate the first one. The Fiat 500. I can't get gold to save my life. I bought everything for the car to make it faster. Nope. Still can't do it.

The second race, with the Honda CR-V 'a' thingy at Tokyo 246, I got gold by 8 seconds.

I still have the rest to do. Pointers on what cars I should use?

PD being paid to 'whore out' certain cars on certain events so we go out and buy it ingame and drive the challenge. Its just..a matter of time..

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier. These events are more like license tests and not races. They could use a bit of imagination in designing these seasonal ones.

I dont hate them, but they better change it up some weeks. They need to think of original ideas like a 100% damage race (1 big hit and your out).

I think they can experiment with these to see what works and what the community likes.

Im am sick of it! Am I the only one that thinks it sucks?! Honestly, why not more A Spec races? Why lame 'overtaking' ones? In the real driving simulator I would expect new challenges of an A spec nature. Its boring as hell to do. Yes, xp is nice, but its mundane and gets old fast. Now Im here thinking if they release more events it will be more of the same garbage on different tracks and trust me when I say I expect this to turn into a car broshure. PD being paid to 'whore out' certain cars on certain events so we go out and buy it ingame and drive the challenge. Its just..a matter of time..

They're not mandatory. No one is holding you at a gunpoint to do them. It's free content, and if you don't like them, you lose nothing by not taking part in them. It's that simple.

Personally, I enjoy them and the challenge they offer, so you can go cry on someone else's shoulder.

They're not mandatory. No one is holding you at a gunpoint to do them. It's free content, and if you don't like them, you lose nothing by not taking part in them. It's that simple.

Personally, I enjoy them and the challenge they offer, so you can go cry on someone else's shoulder.

No one's holding a gun to your head and telling you to respond to him/this thread.

Personally, I enjoy them and the challenge they offer

I agree on that 👍

Drifting events and time trials they should make it giving some XP and credits for every time you do a litlle better...to keep you coming back for more.

No one's holding a gun to your head and telling you to respond to him/this thread.

Too bad that I felt like pointing out how foolish this thread is, since he didn't notice by himself before pressing "submit reply".

I kinda like them too. It's a good incentive to buy and discover new cars.

That said I partially agree with OP's POV: this game dramatically need more A-spec stuff.

I think these events could be alot better if the races didn't consist of mission style lap magic, and instead gave us a close race with a regular start. The level of difficulty is fine for most events but some are a bit much.

how about a one-make grid-start race with you at the back of the pack? I'd like that better than this 'not seeing the 1st place guy until the last 30 seconds' stuff.

I love them - great way to earn money and XP!

I've golded all ten of them so far purely to get the money. :D

Yep I have been failing at the latest ones a bunch of silvers, 1 gold and one 6th lol, Gave up but my router broke today anyway so meh.

I like them much more than the regular A spec races.

Dont have to spend ages to try and find a car, that is not eather overpowered, or not able to win the race.

I havent been able to gold the majority of the seasonnal races, but i like it that way they provide a real challenge. Now its not jst about finding a car that can overtake all the field before the first corner.

Also its a lot less messy, because you are overtaking the cars one, by one, and not driving into a cluster of 11 cars blocking the road from you.

I quite like the new seasonal events. Good XP, GREAT credit rewards, and a good challenge to keep me busy. Not to mention I've discovered some pretty cool cars that I probably would have never thought about buying otherwise.

Take the Fiat 500 for example. I had no need for a tiny, low power car. But after buying it to compete in the event and then having to upgrade it's suspension and transmission, I fell in love with it. Fine tuning all the parameters was fun, and I evern learned quite a bit about how certain tune settings affect the performance. Once I lowered the car, painted it, and put on some awesome BBS rims, it's a tiny little monster on the track!

Long story short, give the events a chance. Try tuning your car, adjusting settings. These events are all about driver skill and precision.

I loved the GT-R one! And the RX-7 one! They're challenging which is most important, and satisfying when you get gold!

Seasonal events are great, but they could do with a few more "configurations" in future - some B.Spec races and a few standing start races here and there wouldn't go amiss.... or something where you start in the lead and you have to hold the lead for several laps, in a slightly slower car.

I've loved doing them all so far, got a few silvers but frankly that was more than enough.

I'm loving the seasonal events so far, even though I've only managed to gold one of them! The racing is a lot closer and more fun than most a-spec races. That said, I'd like to see pd put more of their efforts into expanding the a-spec part of the game.

I love em. I look forward to each update. They're fun and provide a big reward for the trouble. I especially loved the GT-R race in the first set. I hope PD keeps them coming regularly and quickly.

Back