Hatred of seasonal events

I am not sure how you guys manage the NASCAR one but its the worst.

It's pretty simple. There's only one trick to any event on the nurburgring, and it's to know the track.
Gold the AMG events (it can be done with decent ease by watching some of the commented movies on youtube), and you'll know exactly how to take every single corner in the nurburgring while shaving off several seconds in ways you couldn't even imagine.

After golding the AMG I can easily "image train" the track without even needing to watch the game anymore. Ever single corner of it in sequence. Once you can do that, you're set.
The Nascar event is the only one in the whole 12 seasonal events so far that I golded on the first try.

Im am sick of it! Am I the only one that thinks it sucks?! Honestly, why not more A Spec races? Why lame 'overtaking' ones? In the real driving simulator I would expect new challenges of an A spec nature. Its boring as hell to do. Yes, xp is nice, but its mundane and gets old fast. Now Im here thinking if they release more events it will be more of the same garbage on different tracks and trust me when I say I expect this to turn into a car broshure. PD being paid to 'whore out' certain cars on certain events so we go out and buy it ingame and drive the challenge. Its just..a matter of time..

I was playing around with them last night .

There are certain races that i have no cars for because i hopped them up for b spec .

I think if you are going to start from the back there should be no restrictions on cars .

I think if you are going to start from the back there should be no restrictions on cars .
What would be the point? I am pretty sure I could gold them all on the first try if I used my FGT or X1 :).

The point of the races is to make it a bit of a challenge. By placing restrictions on the cars and starting you in the back you actually have to drive to win. This is the way it should be. It makes you a better driver.

They''re great. They require a lot of skill and for those that have a high enough level of intelligence not to try and smash their way to the front, they also require a certain degree of tuning knowledge.

Something if you have a real world understanding of you can translate into the game with the settings you choose. You're supposed to be learning how to set up a car nicely to make it as fast as possible. Not powering your way to the front.

More events and less moaning. If you don't like them, don't play them.

There are certain races that i have no cars for because i hopped them up for b spec .

And? Each seasonal event gives you tons of credits, lots more than the price of the car you need and it's parts.
It's not like having two copies of the same car will hurt you in any way.

Some nice sense of entitlement here. So you're saying that they shold just let you win easy?
Why is that? I didn't know getting gold on all seasonal events was a fundamental right. if you can't get it or don't want to put in the effort, just get a silver/bronze and move on.
If everyone and their mother could gold every challenge easily there wouldn't be any meaning in having a ranking system.
Gold isn't for everyone, and shouldn't be.

I love these Events and I wish there was 20 more or new events come out every week., They give a massive XP boost that is really needed to make the grind that little less painful.
I know some people mention they are way too hard but its better to repeat a race and if you gold it in the end you will get a massive amount of xp rather then, repeat a race you have golded and repeat that same old boring race 50 times.

I get the impression peoples hatred for the seasonal events comes from not being able to get gold easily.

People dont like seasonal events because:

You cant use the fastest car in the world to thrash the AI.
It means learning the track and cars, when the car doesnt turn its clearly the cars fault.
People dont like a challenge.

I wish there was more events that forced spin recovery off.

You dont HAVE to do the seasonal events.

It's pretty simple. There's only one trick to any event on the nurburgring, and it's to know the track.
Gold the AMG events (it can be done with decent ease by watching some of the commented movies on youtube), and you'll know exactly how to take every single corner in the nurburgring while shaving off several seconds in ways you couldn't even imagine.

After golding the AMG I can easily "image train" the track without even needing to watch the game anymore. Ever single corner of it in sequence. Once you can do that, you're set.
The Nascar event is the only one in the whole 12 seasonal events so far that I golded on the first try.

I know the track. I learned it quite well from GT4 doing that one Mercedes lap license test. Not to mention doing the GT5 Special Event. Even in the rain I did okay with the old school car. I didn't gold all the AMG races but most of them were passed a few seconds from silver. Knowing the track isn't my problem. Its the car. My racing style is mainly using Racing softs so I push till the last minute in tight corners and I depend on the grip to hold speed in softer corners. This don't work in NASCAR. Using my G27 is even worst for me. I tuned a little bit and tried again last night. At least when I tired last night I could at least physically see the tail lights of the car ahead. Before I couldn't even see the car ahead on the map.

I know the track. I learned it quite well from GT4 doing that one Mercedes lap license test. Not to mention doing the GT5 Special Event. Even in the rain I did okay with the old school car. I didn't gold all the AMG races but most of them were passed a few seconds from silver. Knowing the track isn't my problem. Its the car. My racing style is mainly using Racing softs so I push till the last minute in tight corners and I depend on the grip to hold speed in softer corners. This don't work in NASCAR. Using my G27 is even worst for me. I tuned a little bit and tried again last night. At least when I tired last night I could at least physically see the tail lights of the car ahead. Before I couldn't even see the car ahead on the map.

Hate to say it but, I found this the easiest of the seasonal events! Found it good fun, I didnt expect to be able to throw the NASCAR around as much as I could. Try getting some practice without racing softs, dont rely on them. Then once I had finished I spent ages taking cool photos of NASCAR screaming around the 'ring :)

Last edited:
I have not read the full thread but additional content shouldn't be hated.
Just my opinion.

There's an abyss on the nurburgring between silver and gold. I silvered the AMG myself at first, but when I went for the gold seriously I noticed what kind of difference certain things do.

Knowing the track inside and out is exactly what makes you adapt your racing style to it, and from how you describe your racing style, it does need to be adapted heavily to master this track.

A LOT of the corners require careful throttle control to retain speed for the subsequent straights, and many of them that seem to require braking at first sight, simply don't, and can be overcome with little deceleration even on hard tires.

Silvering the AMG gives you a quite superficial knowledge of the nurburgring. When you get near to golding those challenge you'll notice a whole world of difference on basically every single corner, and since there's a lot of them, you can just imagine how much of a difference that is when it adds up.

Also, hate to say, but relying on the best tires of the game too much is probably dulling your actual cornering skill.

I have not read the full thread but additional content shouldn't be hated.
Just my opinion.

Agreed, any kind of free update/content/patch cannot be hated. Especially when it is not mandatory to get gold on to achieve any kind of game completion or trophy. So few games these days get free content. PD should be commended for their support of the game so far. 👍

I get the impression peoples hatred for the seasonal events comes from not being able to get gold easily.

People dont like seasonal events because:

You cant use the fastest car in the world to thrash the AI.
It means learning the track and cars, when the car doesnt turn its clearly the cars fault.
People dont like a challenge.

I wish there was more events that forced spin recovery off.

You dont HAVE to do the seasonal events.

If your truly up to the challenge, then you should be OK that the car is completely stock, no modifications allowed to tyranny, suspension, etc., not just to the above mentioned Skid Recovery assist, whether you realize it changing gears or suspension settings are assists. Are you using a wheel or controller, can make a big difference in the events on how they are perceived as being easy or challenging. Using a stock car with all assist gray out would bring it down to driving skills & knowing the track.

I have golded most of these events with a controller, but after a while these events will become one dimensional, unless PD mixes these with other types of race events.

If your truly up to the challenge, then you should be OK that the car is completely stock, no modifications allowed to tyranny, suspension, etc., not just to the above mentioned Skid Recovery assist, whether you realize it changing gears or suspension settings are assists. Are you using a wheel or controller, can make a big difference in the events on how they are perceived as being easy or challenging. Using a stock car with all assist gray out would bring it down to driving skills & knowing the track.

I have golded most of these events with a controller, but after a while these events will become one dimensional, unless PD mixes these with other types of race events.

I have no problem with them locking the cars setup aswell as assists, I love the fixed setup racing on iRacing :)

Also, hate to say, but relying on the best tires of the game too much is probably dulling your actual cornering skill.

Not exactly. I was able to gold all except the last race on the first batch of Seasonal. All with what is required to race; hp, tires, and weight.

The best tires is what I like when allowed. You can huge the corners and really work on lap times. The NASCAR one isn't for everyone and others have the same difficult time that I do with it. The Ring is one of my favorites, the car isn't. I got embarrassed badly in my attempt to race the NASCAR in a-spec race. So its the handling of the car that I don't like. I can't even get passed the last level in NASCAR school.

I have no problem with them locking the cars setup aswell as assists, I love the fixed setup racing on iRacing :)

Sorry to flame on you, I just see a lot of people complaining about using certain assists on one hand, then on the other start talking about softening or hardening up the suspension to make the car handle better or adjusting gear ratios to get the car to accelerate faster, all these are assists.

The front to back formula gets old fast, feels like I'm playing old need for speed games. i would like races like in a-spec along with some championship series.

Sorry to flame on you, I just see a lot of people complaining about using certain assists on one hand, then on the other start talking about softening or hardening up the suspension to make the car handle better or adjusting gear ratios to get the car to accelerate faster, all these are assists.

Those ain't assist, setup changes is always a trade off, you harden the suspension, you lost out on curb riding ability. You shorten the gear ratio, you lose top speed and spend more time changing gears. You can't gain anything without loosing something. There is no perfect setup, and a setup only works if the driver understands why it should work and drive accordingly, there's a level of skill requirement before clicking the buttons.

But with SRF, you don't loose anything, you go faster, and it is actually less demanding in terms of skill, that's the difference.

Sometimes I get a little frustrated since the other cars you're racing against are secondary to the fact that it's more of a time trial than an actual race.

Amen. It would be nice if there was a bit of variance in the lap times of the other cars. They run the same time, and same lines every single race.

No worries fella :) however I do agree with JJ. I see car setups and upgrades differently to spin recovery. Spin recovery is a win button, alters the games physics beyond realism.

Car setup is a personal thing, what works for one person may not work for anyone else, you need to suit your driving style. Makes me laugh seeing people post car setups to use with spin recovery, I doubt car setup makes any difference when you use it.

I like the seasonal events, but I do agree the standard A-spec races need to be expanded greatly (get rid of b-spec or give players to choose a-spec or b-spec before a race, don't make them 2 different entities).

Add me to the list of those who enjoy the Seasonal Events.

I think if you're a true fan of racing, you should enjoy these. It forces you to learn proper overtaking techniques, racing different types of cars (FF, FR, compacts, racecars, etc) and to learn the different racing lines for those type of cars. It also forces you to work on being fast AND consistent. No point in being fast on every other lap. For the HP and weight limit, it forces you to work on your tuning skills and finding the best setup to suit your driving style.

As for the SFP vs tuning argument, they're not the same thing. Like JJ said, you can't change one thing without affecting something else. Good cornering speed might mean you have to sacrifice topspeed. Ultimately, it's about finding the right balance. SFP to me however, it just "free-grip". I don't think there are real-life driving aids that give you 8 seconds on your lap time, are there?

No worries fella :) however I do agree with JJ. I see car setups and upgrades differently to spin recovery. Spin recovery is a win button, alters the games physics beyond realism.

Car setup is a personal thing, what works for one person may not work for anyone else, you need to suit your driving style. Makes me laugh seeing people post car setups to use with spin recovery, I doubt car setup makes any difference when you use it.
Car setup surely makes a difference with SR on but not always the same type of difference. Gearing will react the same, downforce should be similar. Yet it may be possible to tune a car to where it would be impossible to drive without SR and actually faster than any other setup with it on. I prefer to drive without it so have not tested this theory but if the game actually creates grip out of thin air as is assumed then an intentionally loose setup could be faster than a better setup under these conditions.

Going to try all 10 in the next few days. I bought a car for each one stock from the dealer, and plan on modding only trans, suspension, and tires.

I've been reading a lot about the love-hate relationship between people and the seasonals, but if PD wants to give me MORE game for the money I shelled out, there's no way I'm going to argue against it.

I disagree, I actually like these events. They are very challenging. It's not just a question of overpowering your car with turbos and what not. It's about driving like a pro and playing around with suspension, transmission, etc.

These events are awesome.

A-Spec = overpowered car, 1st place within 30 seconds, 5 laps of uneventful driving. Use the same car for as many events as possible, grind, grind, grind.

Seasonal Events = experience new cars, forced to upgrade and tune effectively, learn how said upgrades and tunes effect car performance, genuinely challenging races that aren't completed on the first attempt and ultimately end up with a bunch of awesome and properly equipped cars in your garage.

I truly love these events. Much more fun than races you can dominate after just one turn. The big rewards are cool as well. I do agree that there should have been more A-spec races. I also miss the dealership races from previous gran turismos.

Back