Hatred of seasonal events

I've only done the recent NASCAR event. Tried the RX-7 event and failed. I don't really see them as necessary to complete since they don't count as part of the finishing percentage. They're just there for extra XP and CR, which I don't really care about.

OK, I golded the CR-Z race using the cheat button after reading that it was "easy", but in the normal run of things I am lucky to get a bronze in these events. Then again, other than races Golds in most of the other things in the game seem to elude me so just chalk it down to a lack of ability. If I can't at least see some hope of gold in these events, the "fun factor" tends to be reduced to a pointless grind factor which is not what I play a game for, so the end result is that I don't even bother with the things.

Other than the CR-Z one are there any others that could be termed vaguely easy? I did hear that the NASCAR one wasn't too bad, but I am not a huge fan of trying to control the things in the game. Then again there are the cheat buttons!

Also anyone new to the seasonal events, don't be put off by the first race with the Fiat 500. I struggled to get gold on that but eventually got the tuning set up that felt best for me, and admittedly used anti-skid but no other driving aids (not sure anti skid does much anyway with this little car) and eventually got first about halfway through the final lap.

Expected similar with the other races but golded the CRX challenge first try with no mods, almost golded the RX7 challenge first attempt with no mods (<3 Deep Forest) then added carbon prop shaft (EDIT wasn't the prop shaft, it was whatever gives you the max BHP, I forget what though) and golded it with ease, now going to try the Challenger event.

Not showing off, i'm really not the greatest driver compared to some people on here but I did find the first challenge way harder than the others (so far) perhaps because there is way less margin for error in slower cars. Stick with it! Or just skip the Fiats and have fun with the others, try the Fiats later :)

Last edited:
I have really enjoyed them. The first set were challenging but not too bad, however the second set took some work to gold all of them. I enjoyed the challenge and look forward to more of the same.

I like the seasonal races; they are challenging and fun, and it's not about the AI fighting with itself, while blocking your path.

The time trial and drifting, however, I can do without. Unless you drive perfectly (i.e. have the skill to gold every license/event), it gets really boring doing the same track 1000 times, and not even getting close to having a competitive time/score.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth as they say, it's free after all. I've really enjoyed the challenges myself even if they all follow the same format. I've bought lots of new premium cars, learned more about tuning, and earned extra cash in the process!

We're all different though... :)

The past few days I couldn't figure out why no one else was having as much trouble with the Mustang challenge as I was. I was trying EVERYTHING. Different tunes, different setups, track cutting, even SRF and the best I could EVER manage was second.

Then I looked and realized I was on Comfort Softs instead of Sports Hards. Bought the Sports Tires, turned off the Aids, went with my best setup and won by ten seconds.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

The seasonal events are good on one hand an more of the same rotten apple in the other. On the good side, they have stricter regs and great payoffs as opposed to A-Spec. On the bad side, they are pretty much the same boring pattern recognition exercise which was the video game racing norm circa 1990. What I mean is that the events are NOT races. The events are a patterned driving challenges which only vaguely resemble racing. I'm really disappointed with GT5 from this perspective. IRL, racing has a high degree of variability, racing in GT5 feels overly predicable. Don't believe me? Run the same race 5 times in a row (either Seasonal Events or A-Spec without reloading the race screen) and don't make contact with any other car. Write down the finishing order. See a pattern? To me, this is stale and boring. The human is the only variable . . .

Back